Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
What kind of match can we expect from the bible boys next week dutchy? Hard to tell since they only had 10 boys, but anything to watch out for?

cant offer much, as with the 9 players they just tried to keep the scoreline close... im sure with a full squad they will be a decent team, Brad taylor from home improvement liked to dangle up front, and with some support might be a threat

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 3 - Whalley Hurricane 0.

Our second game of the weekend we were coming off a big win in Pak Cup vs. DMU. We were really cold to start and the field was frozen solid. Whalley held the ball in our end for about 20 mins to start until we woke up. 1 Nil before the half, 2 goals in the final 30.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
why is our win against north delta (which was a 4-3 final for us) now a 1-0 defeat?:confused: somehow by not playing games we have lost much needed points. dunno, but it seems to me like it will be hard to avoid relegation if months after we win (which doesnt exactly happen all that often) they decide to change the scores to show we lost.:mad:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14 said:
why is our win against north delta (which was a 4-3 final for us) now a 1-0 defeat?:confused: :

Cheating? Illegal Players? Turning lights off? One of the many reasons i suppose the league would take your points away.

Check with your League representative for more details.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Cheating? Illegal Players? Turning lights off? One of the many reasons i suppose the league would take your points away.

Check with your League representative for more details.

yup, apparently we played with illegal players. not too happy about that, but nothing i can do. as for the lights, we have no control over that. get your facts straight, dumbass. if the league scheduler wasnt such an idiot he wouldnt run into so many field conflicts. as it is, with the stupidity of just bumping everything back a week, we might not even have our home field for any more games since we share the field and therefore only get it every other weekend.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14 said:
yup, apparently we played with illegal players.

not too happy about that, but nothing i can do. as for the lights, we have no control over that. get your facts straight, dumbass. .

Yes it is apparent isn't it! As far as my facts go I am usually damn accurate since I spend so much frikken time dealing with the powers that be. The lights comment was meant to be a joke you little fruitcake, and it got the desired response...:;)

I understand your frustration with the scheduling, why every week needs to change because of one particular weeks change I don't know but there is probably more to it than we know.. ?

Soo.....I guess what you are saying however is that because the scheduler changed the schedule, you had like 8 of the wrong players show up at the game....? ;)

Do you also not know when your lights shut off? 9PM Kick off, Lights automatically shut off @ 10:30.... Do the math.

I understand your frustration with fields and the difficulties you have had this year etc... Hence the insertion of "gay smileys" in this post to indicate when I am having some fun at your expense but In no way actually being serious.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator I understand your frustration with the scheduling said:
I do not know who to blame for ours but when we were to play them the game got cancelled due to double booking of the field. Someone there better get their shiiiit together or at least sort it out with the scheduler. I heard we got bumped for a cat team :rolleyes: and also heard this was not the first time this year. Anyone knwo what is going on down in Delta/Tswass??? (sp?)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...back to the reg. season...

Game Friday Night v Poco Reserves...
Their record is impressive and we wont be taking them lightly.

After a disappointing loss last weekend, we will be out to prove a point (or two).

Looking to finish the season strong and claim our first division title in four years
(Yes coach/rangerforever, it has been that long)

I think we are due for a BBQ Friday Night Lights

HOS, you into the BBQ Night??

I think I know where to find you ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any MOTW for This weekend Z?

Certainly not our match (Dynamo vs. Poco Raiders).... Battle of the bottom third'ers hahah.

Perhaps Peace Arch vs. Abby? - Is this PAU team for real? They are right up there in the hunt and definately have surprised me. Do tha Mariners have the ability to carry on their early season pace after the break? :confused:

Poco Reserves - Rangers Matchup might be a good one as well. Reserves are without super-manager due to some Coloured Card issues.... Rangers? We have not played them yet perhaps I expected more after hearing about them for a couple years on here.... Are they Legend or Legend in their own minds? Or is "legend" something applied to past tense? ;)

Anyhow GL everyone... Cross Fingers for the weatherman.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBQ sounds good, what is on the menu vs. this Poco Reserves team, perhaps smoked salmon and pilsner.

Looking forward to the match, first start in a long time, well since the last Poco team we played, would like to make up for that 1-0 loss.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers - POCO Reserves Look to be the MOTW

With both teams in the top third of the standings...should be a nice game. Not to mention, the BBQ will be out, so it is easily the game to be at!!!:wa:
Then I can say, two megs, one game winning goal, a yellow card, two geegers, and a pilsner.

A close second would be the bottom feeding teams Columbia and Sporting. Three points to either team would solidify staying in Div 1.
Should be a tense game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got Trinity at Saturday. We stole some U-12 Girls field time: 11:00 AM.

If there is cloud cover, we should be fine. If the sun is out, we will melt, being vampires now.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
We got Trinity at Saturday. We stole some U-12 Girls field time: 11:00 AM.

If there is cloud cover, we should be fine. If the sun is out, we will melt, being vampires now.

Talk about battle between the Dark and Light side of the Force.

It is the battle between the Getting booked and the Good Book.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, the schedular is coming through for us again. we now have our game TBA for time and field. apparently the highlanders play thursday and feel it is unfair we play them on friday, so apparently things are being changed to work around the unjustness of it. glad to see the league is once again showing its brilliance. let's recap it all so we can all be in awe of it.

1. schedular bumps everything back a week. we only have the field every other weekend, so this doesnt really work for us.
2. we find a field, mackie in north delta for a game between two teams from delta, but at least we have a field and will get to play
3. ladner doesnt like having to play two games in two days (i wouldnt either, but thems the breaks, as our team is finding out)
4. our game changes to TBA, so for all we know it might not happen :mad:

just lovely.

oh, by the way

GO OILERS GO! :D

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14 said:
well, the schedular is coming through for us again. we now have our game TBA for time and field. apparently the highlanders play thursday and feel it is unfair we play them on friday, so apparently things are being changed to work around the unjustness of it. glad to see the league is once again showing its brilliance. let's recap it all so we can all be in awe of it.

2. we find a field, mackie in north delta for a game between two teams from delta, but at least we have a field and will get to play
3. ladner doesnt like having to play two games in two days (i wouldnt either, but thems the breaks, as our team is finding out)
4. our game changes to TBA, so for all we know it might not happen :mad:

just lovely.

oh, by the way
GO OILERS GO! :D

I was the one who cancelled the game. Its not so much that we may have had to play 2 games in 2 nights.....its the fact that your coach never notified us of the change. We were preparing to play not only Saturday vs you but Thursday as well. So naturally most people (obviosuly not you) would make plans Friday night when they are playing Thursday and Saturday. So when I find out Wednesday afternoon from one of my players that we play Friday night instead.....wouldnt you agree that thats a little short notice??? Maybe just maybe your coach should have let us know before hand. Anyways, long story short we are coming to Holly Monday night to play the Royals. Is that Ok with you????

Thursday night:

Highlanders 1
Sporting 0

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders dominated on what was a terrible night for a game. Sporting's goalie made some great saves and kept it from being a 3 or 4 goal game.......plus our lack of finishing didn't help :) Both teams did a good job considering the field conditions.

If the league was not in such a rush to get games in there would be no way the game should have happened. Bear Creek is a crappy field when it isn't frozen solid. It was good to see that knowbody on either team was hurt due to the field. It was rock solid and obviously very slippery.

It will be interesting to see if an injury occurs due to frozen fields how the Fraser Valley will react. When they are pressuring refs and teams to get games in with poor conditions. Will they be held responsible for an injury due to a frozen pitch? Very touchy situation in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0