Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa said:
It will be interesting to see if an injury occurs due to frozen fields how the Fraser Valley will react..

We played at AHP Mathews Grass field when it was frozen on Sunday. It was extremely dangerous and if it had been a more physcial game even more so.

We are out tonight @ 9PM on Gates. I imagine it will be even harder than usual.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Gunners 6-0 GEU

I would like to say GEU's performance tonight was shocking but I don't even think we deserved that. 1-0 at half thanks to our keeper who was by far our man of the match stood on his head and played a great game. PM's goals were not the nicest goals but in the end a goal is a goal and they had a shiitewack more than us and JB was nicest enough not to give them a PK with about 10 to go. There was no question on who deserved to win tonight and geu was outplayed and out ran by a classy squad and full marks to PM. It just wasn't our night tonight but a hard week of training and we'll be back in the mix for a good go next weekend, with hopefully a much better result.

cascade

Reece

Sep 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was a pretty good game for the most part. Near the end it seemed like you guys kinda crumbled as we were able to get three goals in quite quick succession.

Best of luck in your game next week.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 1 - RAIDERS 1

Well... Raiders scored 1st on a totally offside breakaway...BUT.... either way we hemmed them in their own end MOST of the game and they still managed to earn a draw. We could not penetrate the 18 with any chances. Frustrating to Draw like that.

Credit to their keeper who was Excellent aand they played a good clean game...

I need to apologize as well for our center mid who disgustingly hacked one of your guys for no good reason, AFTER the play, from behind, out of what must have simply been frustration? Not sure if anything was said to him prior but either way....no good.. I commend you for keeping your cool. Thanks.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Rangers 3 - Poco City Reserves 1

It was a pacey game on the frozen turf. Both teams battled all game. Rangers were up 1-0 when one of the Poco guys lasered a ball in from 30 to tie. What a shot ... However, the second half changed when their sweeper took our striker down on a breakaway. Z made the PK and we scored one late to make it 3-1. Man of the match was Nolan with a solid showing on D.

PC is a good squad, well coached and is probably the best footballing team we've played this year.

Cheers,

-Bollocks.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks said:
SFC Rangers 3 - Poco City Reserves 1

It was a pacey game on the frozen turf. Both teams battled all game. Rangers were up 1-0 when one of the Poco guys lasered a ball in from 30 to tie. What a shot ... However, the second half changed when their sweeper took our striker down on a breakaway. Z made the PK and we scored one late to make it 3-1. Man of the match was Nolan with a solid showing on D.

PC is a good squad, well coached and is probably the best footballing team we've played this year.

Cheers,

-Bollocks.
Just getting in...left the guys there...I Pretty much agree with Bollocks , except for their goal......WEAK :rolleyes:

It was probably the nicest goal I have seen since joing the FVSL.

Granted he did try two more times afterwards, only to shank them...ut his goal was world class.

No megs:mad: , one G W G (pk) and one burger, one smokie....and about ten crown n cokes....oh yeah, three points!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trinity vs. LUFC "A": postponed. Frozen, pothole ridden pitch. Micro Climate along the South side, next to the trees.

That's right- Micro Climate.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rangers vs Po Co game was a very fast paced affair last night.
Po Co is a well coached team and really try to play the ball around.
After Rocket got the boys up by one this Po Co lad hit a screamer as some of you have already read about.
Top Notch and Top Corner i might say.

Early in the second Rocket (aka Parkhead) got in alone on a breakawy.Taco from PoCo took him down for a PK and a nice little red card.

Up steps Fil the Thrill Zaurini who calmy slots the PK into the bottom right corner.

With time running out, Halvy goes on some silly solo run and sets up ? for a nice finishing third goal.

It was a fun game for the boys and PoCo has some very good young players in the midst.

My three stars.................1)Gary Nolan, 2)Z.......3)Rocket Mcquad.

Honourable mentions.....Roberts, Stepchild, and Jacko..........

3 and 0 as the Rangers coach..........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely done Mexico...where's my fcuking drywall quote? Seems you have a weekend off now.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mariners had two games this weekend.
Friday night at home to Whalley....At least they had 11 players!!!!
I believe it was 7-1. Frozen pitch... I think it was not their regular keeper in the goal.

Last night we played Peace Arch At SSA on the turf. 5-2 win. We came out flying at the start and I think shocked the hell out of them. 2-0 after 20 minutes and we missed 2 or 3 good opportunities. We had a little bit of dodgy defending just before half and they got one back. They then came out strong in the second and got the equalizer, we then got 3 more in the last 15 minutes. PA made a slow start a good game. We just about bottled a good start.
Fitness was shocking seing that we played two game this weekend and half only trained a couple times since christmas.
On to Sporting next week! :wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice weekend for Abby as they keep rolling along...
Another busy weekend coming up...unless Sporting bring out their Whitecap players again:rolleyes: they may be looking at relegation.
Here are my predicitions:

1 Golden Ears Utd vs Bye (See Sporting Below)
1 Langley Dynamo vs Port Moody Gunners Sunday MAP Oval TURF 1.00PM
1 Poco City Reserves vs Poco City FC Raiders Saturday Gates TURF 4.00PM
1 Chilliwack Rapids vs Surrey FC Rangers Sunday Townsend C 12 Noon
1 Peace Arch Utd vs Dewdney Razorbacks Saturday SSAP TURF 6.00PM TIE
1 Delta Metro H/landers vs Columbia Bearcats Friday John Oliver Park 7.30pm
1 Langley Athletic vs Twsawwassen Royals Saturday MAP Oval TURF 7.00PM
1 Aldergrove Warriors vs TWU Titans Sunday Sth Aldergrove EAST 12 Noon
1 Whalley Hurricane vs North Delta Lions Sunday AHP Matthews 12 Noon
1 Game 13 Surrey Sporting FC vs Golden Ears Utd TIE Thursday Bear Creek Park 8.00PM
1 Surrey Sporting FC vs Abbotsford Mariners Sunday Bear Creek Park 12 Noon

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTIONS

Langley Dynamo vs Port Moody Gunners
Poco City Reserves vs Poco City FC Raiders
Chilliwack Rapids vs Surrey FC Rangers
Peace Arch Utd vs Dewdney Razorbacks
Delta Metro H/landers vs Columbia Bearcats
Langley Athletic vs Twsawwassen Royals
Aldergrove Warriors vs TWU Titans
Whalley Hurricane vs North Delta Lions
Surrey Sporting FC vs Golden Ears Utd
Surrey Sporting FC vs Abbotsford Mariners

Any Info on the Gunners? We play them at home 1PM Sunday.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Nice weekend for Abby as they keep rolling along...
Another busy weekend coming up...unless Sporting bring out their Whitecap players again:rolleyes:

Is there a story behind Sporting and the Whitecaps players?:confused:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
PREDICTIONS

Langley Dynamo vs Port Moody Gunners
Poco City Reserves vs Poco City FC Raiders
Chilliwack Rapids vs Surrey FC Rangers
Peace Arch Utd vs Dewdney Razorbacks
Delta Metro H/landers vs Columbia Bearcats
Langley Athletic vs Twsawwassen Royals
Aldergrove Warriors vs TWU Titans
Whalley Hurricane vs North Delta Lions
Surrey Sporting FC vs Golden Ears Utd
Surrey Sporting FC vs Abbotsford Mariners

Any Info on the Gunners? We play them at home 1PM Sunday.
young, fast, and they can kick the ball really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0