Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
not that it matters much anymore but an uninspired peace arch selects team beat a seriously undermanned aldergrove warriors (8 players) 1-0. no scoring in the first as we had a number of opportunities, but they collapsed in the box to make it difficult to get a through ball through. Second half, we made a couple of changes, but didn't really change game too much (unfortunately). Halfway thru the second half, our sweeper gets a perfect sitter at about the 25yard spot, takes a cracker shot that goes off the crossbar. I fight off two flanking checks and head the rebound in top right corner for our only goal. I had a couple of other opportunities that i flubbed, but at least got one.

just didn't see the desire in the team to play - not sure if it was just because it was the last game, or if it was the due to the lack of results over the previous 5-6 games. have to hand it to the warriors - they did try to make a game of it, and definitely embarrassed us with holding us to one goal... especially bad as their keeper couldn't keep a shot in his hands - gave up a number of rebounds that we couldn't capitalize on... sigh... onto summer soccer

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

guess its march but not feeling starting a new thread.
mission 2-2 dewdney
let bored give the match details.
personal opinion; a tie was a fair result.

Thanks Orange boots. Really, orange boots, tell me they are hand me downs??

Fair result for sure. I know this is a famaliar refrain BUT.... the ref yesterday was really, really bad. Many, many calls given the wrong way and equally bad for both teams. Both teams found it comically(sp?) bad.

Mission was one of the better teams this year. I think the popular comment is they 'try to play football'. They do knock it around and build the play out of the back nicely. If old orange boots gets fit (little too old to be spending every day at Tim Hortons but what else is there to do in Mission) and if they have good coaching (no comment on the current coach, he may be great) they will be a top team next year. Good year for a team out of 2nd Div.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Thanks Orange boots. Really, orange boots, tell me they are hand me downs??

Fair result for sure. I know this is a famaliar refrain BUT.... the ref yesterday was really, really bad. Many, many calls given the wrong way and equally bad for both teams. Both teams found it comically(sp?) bad.

Mission was one of the better teams this year. I think the popular comment is they 'try to play football'. They do knock it around and build the play out of the back nicely. If old orange boots gets fit (little too old to be spending every day at Tim Hortons but what else is there to do in Mission) and if they have good coaching (no comment on the current coach, he may be great) they will be a top team next year. Good year for a team out of 2nd Div.

lol not hand me downs. but have to agree with the reffing but hey its a usual occurance at least. As far as i know we do have anotehr coach next year.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks 2-1NDFC

NDFC could only muster up 9 guys, well 8 and a U21 player. So it was 11 v 9the entire game. However we deserved it least a tie and probably a win as we created better opportunities and held the razorbacks to mostly shots from 20 yards and out. They couldn't seem to figure out how to completly control the game and instead of just working the ball around, they forced difficult passes and couldn't string more then 1 or 2 passes together. I'm sure they are relieved with the win as they are most likely not happy with the way they played. Honestly I don't know how teams can be expected to get enough players out to Pitt meadows when nothing is on the line twice at the end of the season. We had 2 games in the last 5 or weeks due to the cup, and guys had just packed it in. Who wants to play once every two or three weeks when you are battling midpack and the season is essentially done.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who wants to play once every two or three weeks when you are battling midpack and the season is essentially done.

I believe guys who finish what they start. Just my 2 cents, but agree it is a long drawn out season when there is nothing to play for.
I think it is shamefull that teams do not finish the season even if they have little to play for......it is a commitment until the season is over, not when individuals feel its over for them. Sucks to hear this, but I guess it is reality.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pains me to say this but I agree with Stepchild. Play the games. Nothing really left for anyone to play except pride. Not a word from Dewdney about driving to Aldergrove to play last week. Bulljive's email sounds like it is someone not their fault that they couldn't field a team. The guys that didn't make it should be embarrased, I feel bad for the 9 guys that made the drive.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed.
It's only March FFS...
Any team should be wanting to play right to the end and finish.
Brings down the reputation of which is 'supposed' to be a good division.

That said, Jive's probably venting out of frustration and doesn't want to look at reality and admit the bulk of his team are flakes.
He's been on here all year long about the lack of committment and kudos to you mate - You at least had the balls to stick it out til the end.
I've heard you're a not bad player and the one time I did watch your team I thought they were a fcuking good young talent.
Reminded me about a team many years ago called the Lions.

Time to join the Rangers and realize your destiny like we all have and move from North Delta to Surrey. ;)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed.
It's only March FFS...

That said, Jive's probably venting out of frustration and doesn't want to look at reality and admit the bulk of his team are flakes.
He's been on here all year long about the lack of committment and kudos to you mate - You at least had the balls to stick it out til the end.
I've heard you're a not bad player and the one time I did watch your team I thought they were a fcuking good young talent.

Time to join the Rangers and realize your destiny like we all have and move from North Delta to Surrey. ;)

Trust me it isn't me that isn't willing to play and I am frustrated. when I have to spend two days trying to get people to come play from the lower division teams when I am in the middle of exams,only to have people pissed that we are actually going to play with 9 guys is frustrating. I think a lot of guys don't see the work that goes into making a team run and instead show up when they want and expect everything to be all ready for them when they do show and on top of that expect a winning team. However in the end it was great to see the 9 guys battle and end on a high instead of get thrashed and leave on a bad note.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trust me it isn't me that isn't willing to play and I am frustrated. when I have to spend two days trying to get people to come play from the lower division teams when I am in the middle of exams,only to have people pissed that we are actually going to play with 9 guys is frustrating. I think a lot of guys don't see the work that goes into making a team run and instead show up when they want and expect everything to be all ready for them when they do show and on top of that expect a winning team. However in the end it was great to see the 9 guys battle and end on a high instead of get thrashed and leave on a bad note.

i apprecitate your efforts kid...although i never made it either..laters
suregery was a success... i think...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed.
It's only March FFS...

FFS? for f sakes jimmy,go backtaegoven ya cnut,or even better gettaework ya puddin,any team that throws the towl should be tossed from the league & maybe they can join up with GIRTHS riverviews sasaspecial eeeeedds

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS? for f sakes jimmy,go backtaegoven ya cnut,or even better gettaework ya puddin,any team that throws the towl should be tossed from the league & maybe they can join up with GIRTHS riverviews sasaspecial eeeeedds

FFS, why havent I been lurking more often? SID is back? Im going to have to bookmark this site one more time... SID.. just like your futbol skills at birth, dont you leave now....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
for anyone who cares probably know one but anyways.......
aldergrove united 1-4 mission. just a normal end of season game where neither team really cared about the score. although even in a pointless game got to mention how bad the reffing was again.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I care, that means you guys jump us {Dynamo} in the standings on goal difference,fcuk. Makes me wish we buried more of our chances when we played you guys, no disrespect.

congradulations on 5th place

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for anyone who cares probably know one but anyways.......
aldergrove united 1-4 mission. just a normal end of season game where neither team really cared about the score. although even in a pointless game got to mention how bad the reffing was again.

Well done on year 1 for you guys. Now you'll know what to expect next year and can improve on it

See ya next year.....................maybe. :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I care, that means you guys jump us {Dynamo} in the standings on goal difference,fcuk. Makes me wish we buried more of our chances when we played you guys, no disrespect.

congradulations on 5th place

thought it was on head to head so you and peace arch will finish above us? however still a goodseason every team above 30 points were not able to beat us. Ready for next year hopefully it will be a better season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0