Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners 20 Coachmen 12. Gunners 60 minutes, Coachmen 20 minutes. Gunners 1, Coachmen 3. Healthy bodies, warmup minutes, score. Fukc are they ever a whiny bunch. They will get hammered in premier and end up where the Fury are. They had a training session before the match and probably expended way too much energy. Their defense is very suspect, however they had a couple of strong midfielders and a couple of quick strikers. They made a full line change after 30 minutes but even the fresh bodies couldn't keep up with the old fellows. They had very few chances even in the second half when we sat back. It could have been 4 or 5-1 with a bit of luck. Anyways it is a gift for ND or ACBC as we are out of contention for the league. Rich, I'll give you an address where you can send your compliments anytime your ready.

JTL

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2
Whalley 1

Not our best performance but a win none the less. On to Peace Arch next week.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hookers and blow to the Coachmen well done guys..
Well were back in first,We have such a love hate for the Coachmen and you know I dont ever remember playing you guys,lol. I will tell you this I have watched you play and when you have your guys healthy and on the field,You have a very good team. I am not looking forward to our match with you on your grass field. I will be setting up a bunch of friendlys and practices on grass before we play you for sure.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 3 Delta 2

It was all ABC in the first half, and they should have been up by a couple.
Second half was suprisingly even.
Delta played their style and were rewarded with two goals....
ABC played theirs, and were rewarded with 2 as well.

I thought Delta would have learned their lesson about over reacting when they score a big goal.
I am pretty sure they went crazy a couple years ago against us 'Gers, and we calmy scored twenty seconds later.

Same happend tonight when ND scored off a goal mouth scramble to tie it at 1-1 with only 13 minutes left.

This was my first look at the FVSL Div 1 ABC team...quite impressive....but, I can see where they will struggle against some of us mucker Div 1 teams.
They are better suited for the Premier division....
In my opinion, I would not be shocked to see them have more success against Premier teams than Div 1 teams.

Well said and exsactly how I feel.

We get the lead and then start to play thier game and get away from ours.
So frustrating. Its like we wanted them to catch up to make a game of it.
Credit to Delta as they never quit and they do have a strong team. Their back line moves the ball well but then and it probably works against most teams, they hit it to the big fellas up front and try and flick it on to the wingers comein in from the side. Same play over and over though. It is some what effective. So why fix something that is not broken. I think they are good enough to build up a little more though .We argued with the ref way to much tonight ,As our guys were beakin to him Delta would take the free kicks quick and catch us,,youd thing after a team did that to you once you would shut the hell up,,but no,,and it almost cost us. We hit the post with a cracker from way out,,Fuss mad a couple sweet saves..Fun night good game nice weather.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Rome!!!

Well done JTL and the boys from Coachmen!

Most of all,

WELL DONE ACBC, we are the best!!!!!

Fuss good job obviously! Good job to the rest of the ACBC boys, good luck the next 2 weeks!!!

ODog is the best!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Snowman was the old fart on the header. Atta boy Matty! FFS, now all we need to see is dirt score.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Snowman was the old fart on the header. Atta boy Matty! FFS, now all we need to see is dirt score.

That is probably 6 this year for old snowman. He has also had a couple of games in net too. His arthritis wasn't acting up last night so he felt quite nimble agaist the kids.

Snowmans daughter is older than most of that team.... priceless and true.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think one of their defenders looked a lot like Snowman. Maybe a bastard child from Snowman's unwielding free like a bird days. I know for sure that he has fathered more than one child. Maybe they should get in contact with each other.

JTL

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
,Fuss mad a couple sweet saves...

You better hope Odog is back soon....real soon.

The ref did a decent job last night. I thought ABC were getting the short end of the calls all night.
ESPECIALLY when the ND keeper fouled/took out/almost killed the ABC player on the PK call

A thought a red card was coming out the way the ref sprinted and pirouetted past a couple players....not even a YELLOW ?
From that point on, you knew no cards were coming out.

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
geu 1 poco 1

way out played in the first half but we weathered the storm, they kept comin in the second half and were rewarded with a goal that was set up perfectly by the ref, not takin anything away from the shot tho from #14 i think, an absolute cracker from about 30 yrds out that wobbled in the air and beat r keep top corner. we wrked hard and got one back with about 10mins or so left from r div 2 rams callup.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You better hope Odog is back soon....real soon.

The ref did a decent job last night. I thought ABC were getting the short end of the calls all night.
ESPECIALLY when the ND keeper fouled/took out/almost killed the ABC player on the PK call

A thought a red card was coming out the way the ref sprinted and pirouetted past a couple players....not even a YELLOW ?
From that point on, you knew no cards were coming out.

First half we were trying to play short balls off goal kicks etc and we were running into trouble. The year off hurt us in that for some reason we are not a good passing team anymore. ACBC controlled the first half quite handily but really didn't get much in the way of chances. Our keeper who in my opinion is the best in the league, was cutting everything out. I actually thought we had a few chances to score as they leave themselves a little exposed at the back sometimes. second half completely different story we started putting pressure they dicked around with the ball and I thought we had the edge in play. The long ball was working and when it works you stay with it. ref was giving us calls as your sideline wouldn't shut up and either would your team, quite frankly it almost cost you. The ref needed to hand out some cards for some of those tackles, jesus since when is it okay to come in full speed with both feet up at the middle of the shin. Nothing but good things to say in terms of quality they deserve to be in premier, when they get a bit older they will be even better. As a whole a pretty good group of guys. If I have any advice I would keep down the oh shite and you just got burned after you beat a guy. May not go over to well in premier. Either way you center back is legit dogg. I would love to play those guys again when I'm healthy

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i caught the tail end of the second as i had a bummed knee and strep throat to boot..frrom when i saw it looked like it was a pretty good game to watch..i would have loved to play but i just couldnt..man do they talk a lot of s*it..for a team that like 80% of them wear leatards under thier shorts id tend to keep my mouth shut..im sure they are heads above us all at gymnastics though....they do have a good team #99 should be playing in vmsl dont know why he is waisting his talent with you guys and in my opinion if you wanna go really far your center back is junk...he talks like he is fresh outta a gangster movie..never herd so many yo dogs in my life.....anyways congrats on the win you guys did play well hopefully we will meet in the cup at some point as im sure it could be a very good game with both teams healthy......good luck to ya..later

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After playing Whalley last night I have to once again echo Dude's earlier comment about the parity thoughout the division. Whalley in my opinion was really not a bad team. We went up on the 1 nil early and they equalized shortly after with a bumbled ball in the box. We got awarded a pk a little after and that put us up 2-1 which was enough. We really should have had a couple more but we will take the result. I have to give Whalley credit though. For being last in the division they showed up to play, worked hard all game and never gave up. We controlled the ball well in the last 15 but they were still fighting hard for the equalizer. Good group of guys and a hard faught match. I dont think any team in this group can take anyone lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0