Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newton is a big complex.
I think there is a grass pitch or two there.
Reminds me of a Pak Cup game a few years back.
Make sure to bring the same ball you used for that game hey Z.

Skullet06

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukc are they ever a whiny bunch. They will get hammered in premier and end up where the Fury are. They had a training session before the match and probably expended way too much energy. Their defense is very suspect, however they had a couple of strong midfielders and a couple of quick strikers. They made a full line change after 30 minutes but even the fresh bodies couldn't keep up with the old fellows.

The only thing we whined about was the fact that you guys complained to the refs after every single call. Even when you did get the call you still complained. You were the better team on last night but i was shocked at how a bunch of grown men acted like a bunch of pussiies! You have all been playing soccer much longer than us and i was expecting some sort of class but there was absolutely none of it. JTL, i especially liked the dive in the second half, it was brilliant. How old are you buddy, grow up! Kicking players when the ball is nowhere near the play, just brutal!! And for calling me a big softy, not once in my life have i shyed away from a tackle and not once did i get knocked to the ground on Friday, which i cant say about you.

You guys had a good game, we didnt play up to what we should have. You call our defense suspect even this is the first time we have let in 2+ goals a year and are in the top 3 for GA. We had a bad game, everybody does, no excuses. I wish you guys just played with a bit more class as i would have had much more respect for you if you did.

#22 Centre-back PoMo Gunners

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing we whined about was the fact that you guys complained to the refs after every single call. Even when you did get the call you still complained. You were the better team on last night but i was shocked at how a bunch of grown men acted like a bunch of pussiies! You have all been playing soccer much longer than us and i was expecting some sort of class but there was absolutely none of it. JTL, i especially liked the dive in the second half, it was brilliant. How old are you buddy, grow up! Kicking players when the ball is nowhere near the play, just brutal!! And for calling me a big softy, not once in my life have i shyed away from a tackle and not once did i get knocked to the ground on Friday, which i cant say about you.

You guys had a good game, we didnt play up to what we should have. You call our defense suspect even this is the first time we have let in 2+ goals a year and are in the top 3 for GA. We had a bad game, everybody does, no excuses. I wish you guys just played with a bit more class as i would have had much more respect for you if you did.

#22 Centre-back PoMo Gunners

Big Softy,

It's tough losing isn't it. After you guys went down 1-0 and then 2-0 you started fighting amongst yourselves and whining at the ref like we have never seen before. You guys are very young and have obviously not played at a high level in your careers. You guys were very suspect at the back including yourself, perhaps that is not the norm but you guys will have no business in premier. Point is you have no experience. Zero from what I can tell. If you want to talk about your game specifically - with any sort of pressure you and the rest of the back four simply gave the ball away, it was too easy. You tried to get into with me so if you think I am going to back down to a 20 year old kid still wet behind the ears whose highlight of his career is playing for the Gunners in Div. 1 FVSL you have another thing coming. So continue to live out your dreams in Div. 1 where you belong or at the bottom of premier where you will be next year if your season doesn't fall apart.

I don't think you lossed because you didn't play well - you lossed because you guys couldn't handle a bigger, more physical team with may more skill than you. Sure you guys had more fitness, youth and speed than us but experience goes a long way - perhaps you will learn that after 10 more years.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its funny how match up works. Langley really seems to struggle with the gunners and holds them in such high regard especially dude who when not stroking his hair is stroking there ego. Really I just think its match ups. some teams just can't contain speed and youth where other can't handle the older physical teams who still have a good touch. When we played the coachmen they were a mix of both. Skilled, smart, and a tough match up for any team. I know JTL you could beat us any day. An odd team those coachmen you never know what team is going to show up but your guaranteed a good whine either way.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, congrats on the win last night, it's obvious you have a very talented team that plays an entertaining brand of soccer. You guys deserve to be in Premier but I would recommend a few changes first. Defensively your team will get exposed up there and like Z said, I really hope Odog is alot better than your keeper last night. Plus whenever your players make a nice pass or deke all you hear is "OOOOOHHH" or "OH MY GOD!!1!" I felt like I was part of an And 1 mix tape and your players were going to start break dancing after a nice play. Honestly that type of shite is embarrassing for your team and in Premier those types of plays are common so you will get a lot more respect if you cut that shite out. It wouldn't hurt to add some size to your team as well but you guys still faired quite well in the air. Hopefully we get to meet you in cup play cause even though it was a tough loss to take it still was a really fun game to play. Good luck the rest of the year especially against the Rangers and Coachmen on grass in the cold cause that will be nasty.:D

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its funny how match up works. Langley really seems to struggle with the gunners and holds them in such high regard especially dude who when not stroking his hair is stroking there ego. Really I just think its match ups. some teams just can't contain speed and youth where other can't handle the older physical teams who still have a good touch. When we played the coachmen they were a mix of both. Skilled, smart, and a tough match up for any team. I know JTL you could beat us any day. An odd team those coachmen you never know what team is going to show up but your guaranteed a good whine either way.

I agree, it is matchups. Unfortunately we don't always have a full team because of various issues such as age, injuries, family stuff, etc. And a lot of times we don't get up for teams that are lower in the standings. But I think one of my teammates said it best - we can beat any team in this league but we can also lose to any team in this league. It just depends which team shows up. But you're right you are or at least we are or at least some of us are guaranteed a good wine - like the one I am drinking right now. 1999 Chateau St. Jean from Napa Valley - just heavenly. Too bad I don't have anyone to share it with. My biggest decision is which bottle will I open up next.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I - like the one I am drinking right now. 1999 Chateau St. Jean from Napa Valley - just heavenly. Too bad I don't have anyone to share it with. My biggest decision is which bottle will I open up next.

JTL

are you inviting me over...flattered but not interested

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play the Rangers on Turf,,why does everyone say were playin them on grass, Am I missin something. Ya Coachmen on grass will be a test for sure but I will have a few friendlies and practices before that game on grass to prepare. We have had a few friendlies against Premier teams to get ready for Cup and we have done just fine with our regular guys on our back line,They may look out of place but when they have to they do their job. We do not like size ,thats not our style. We have a system and its working for now so we will stick with it. We have played alot of big teams and as long as we dont retaliate we can stop ,well everyone we have played so far and thats a few Premier teams as well. We are setting up a friendly right now vs Randys VMSL Premier team the City Blaze. Ill let you know how we do after that game,What are they second in the VMSL Premier. I hope we do well as we are reping the FVSL.
Now back to MY bottle of brown paper bag pidgeon park red.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL if we do end up in div 1 again next year I can guarantee we sill beat you 9 out of 10 times. Your team played well and we didn't. Don't get too high on yourslef there bud, you guys weren;t that impressive. All of you goals came on some communication miscues. You were the better team on the night and u deserved the W. But we'll see who is playing prem next year and how well we fare against those teams. Meanwhile u guys will still be muckin it up with the rest of the D1 boys ;) Good luck the rest of the way. You'll need it

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL if we do end up in div 1 again next year I can guarantee we sill beat you 9 out of 10 times. Your team played well and we didn't. Don't get too high on yourslef there bud, you guys weren;t that impressive. All of you goals came on some communication miscues. You were the better team on the night and u deserved the W. But we'll see who is playing prem next year and how well we fare against those teams. Meanwhile u guys will still be muckin it up with the rest of the D1 boys ;) Good luck the rest of the way. You'll need it

9 times out of 10 you are dreaming. I hope we draw you guys in the cup because we have played a lot tougher Div. 1 teams. Rangers were better, ND were better - you guys will lose to us again. By the way, our entire team has more years of premier experience than your ages put together. How many of your players have played at a level above FVSL Div. 1. Please tell me. We all left our respective VMSL and FVSL premier teams to play with friends and have fun which we do win or lose. We are past our prime and we can admit it. You however should be at your prime and what does that say about you. If we would have played you guys when we were in our prime it would have been 10-0. I get a little sick and tired of these young twits on here talking like FVSL Div. 1 is the best league in the world. You guys were warming up like you were getting ready for the world cup. Give me a break and get off of your high horse. We will be in Div. 1 next year and then it is to the Masters where most of our team already belongs.
So I am going to make a prediction that our game towards the end of the season vs ACBC determines whether ACBC or Gunners win the league. So you should be a little nicer towards us. Hopefully we don't have to rest too many players that day or maybe we'll move the game to turf as I think ACBC would be a much better premier team than you guys. We'll see.
By the way, you guys especially Big Softie were too easy to wind up on the field and off the field and hurt you guys. Once again experience - too easy to throw you guys off your game. Hint to anyone playing the Gunners - play physical and they will crawl back into the hole they crawled out of.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is and I do, because they have our number, and because I want to see good young players up in Prem. Weather they come back or not is up to them I guess.

Now, Dewdney...never played the Coachmen, but our group of guys has played the core of that squad many times over the years, and we've done quite well against them.

I'm looking forward to that and the Rangers now more than anything, since we've not earned the points we thought we should have by this time.

BTW: 2-1 over Peace Arch last night. My hair looked great.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skillful, but don't want anything to do w/ being stuck in.

We took command early and scored about 20 minutes in, but then we started coughing up the ball a lot, and they have a fast counter. Seriously...between minute about 30 and up to about 20 left, we passed it more to them to ourselves. Eventually they made us pay on a very nice header. The kid must have been 3' off the ground when he got his head on the cross. That was about 10 minutes after we thought we'd scored our 2nd goal on a rebound off a saved partial breakaway.

We then pushed back and forth and our squad scored the winner w/ about 3 minutes to go.

Put it this way...we let them stay in this way too long. Typical of our season...we let weaker teams hang in, and give them hope. We've squandered about 11 points we feel we should have sealed but failed to.

Skullet06

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, you guys especially Big Softie were too easy to wind up on the field and off the field and hurt you guys. Once again experience - too easy to throw you guys off your game. Hint to anyone playing the Gunners - play physical and they will crawl back into the hole they crawled out of.

JTL

Yah people do usually get wound up when you hack their legs for no reason. If i was really wound up though i would have reacted a bit more dont you think. But as i am much more intelligent than that and dont want to get suspended i let it go. Also, I got wound up because i saw a bunch of grown men with families acting like a bunch of school girls, yourself included. You, along with many of your teammates, got dropped by 150 pound 20 year olds, and then bitched and complained to the refs about it. If you think i got wound up in that game you were sadly mistaken.

BTW, i know i am not an incredibly skilled player, hence the reason i distribute the ball before somebody pressures me. I maybe gave the ball away once and i beat you to the ball in the air 100% of the time. As defencemen, your job is not to dangle but to stop the other team from scoring, and a couple of mis communications hurt us. But if you think im afraid of losing the ball because i pass it before i get pressured, its actually more like there is someone open and pass it to them, which i did.

I cant wait to play you guys again, it would be a great match that we would not take lightly this time.

Also, what sort of bullsiht is this where you threaten our team to throw the game against ACBC. I hope youre taking the piss because if you arent then you should never have starting playing any type of sports in your life. Do whatever you want, its yourself you will have to live with, and im sure you will be fine with that because from playing you on friday i can tell you have no class, no respect, and no one to drink wine with!! Have another bottle!!

#22 centre-back PoMo Gunners

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have done just fine with our regular guys on our back line,They may look out of place but when they have to they do their job. .

when they have to do their job what????im not trying to drain your tub here cause i do think you guys are very good im just trying to give an honest critique (spelling)of your team feel free to do the same if you wish....i see you have gone for speed in your d besides the big guy #7 i belive in the middle who is not as fast at all but a big body in the air...your d is your weak point im not the only one to have said this so think it through..ask any forward if they would rather play against a big fast physical defender or a small fast skilled defender i think they would choose the smaller one cause being pushed around for 90min sucks and i just dont think your defenders are tuff..your left back is like 160lbs(if that) and your center bak is 160 (if that) both like 5'8.....a big strong forward could hammer those wee boys....the center back is intimadating though as he talks with a fake accent dropping gangster sayings that he just learned by coping 50cents new album...again this is just an opinion no harm or intent here just trying to give you perspective...one more thing any players i ever pllay against that wear leggings under their shorts will get an ear full all game about it..makes me sick what are you 8....i guess when they were young they wore sweatpants under their shorts..i blame the parents...hahah..gloves and leggings = wimp im my books....
out....

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A warm body happens to get less injuries because the muscles loosen up. Fact.
Turn on the tube and see how many players in the pros wear mittens and underarmour.
Your beating a dead horse as we will always buy and wear what keeps us warm.
Same little Defence beat you guys so its workin ,Oh we tied 0-0 with Poco Premier too ,same guys. And lost 1-0 with the same guys to the Clan. PS the little guy whos 160 shut down the VMSLs Premier leading scorer.
All i am saying is different strokes for diffrent folks. We are built for our style of play. Big teams have run at us hit us took our legs out but in the end the little speedsters out ran them and you have to catchem to challange them.
They may be small but they move the ball fast and are not afraid. I also might add they get up in the air and win most balls as well. Timeing.
As for the hip hop language,your right ,sounds stupid to me as well.

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big teams have run at us hit us took our legs out but in the end the little speedsters out ran them and you have to catchem to challange them.
They may be small but they move the ball fast and are not afraid. I also might add they get up in the air and win most balls as well. Timeing.

have to agree there, we got a few smaller guys on r team that will out jump 6ft guys and win a ball, our right back is probly bout 5ft but he can crush guys twice his size. the smaller guys can get the job done just as well as the bigger guys.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I guess you need surgery?
That sucks.
I did my ACL years ago and was out 6 months.

If it is in fact a torn MCL in isolation, surgeons won't operate on it. Just rest, hope for scarring to reattach and strengthen the ligament. Quite often a torn MCL and torn medial meniscus occur together, and then you'll need the meniscus scoped. Just hope it's not the 'terrible triad' of ACL/MCL/Med. meniscus, cuz then you're fcuked. Sadly enough, GPs make poor orthopedic assessments, go see a physio ;) and you'll know what's really going on!

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0