Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] - Week 1 MOTW

Week 1 MOTW

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly you will be up for a case of beer when we play you Jan 23 on the grass?

There is a big difference between being cocky and just knowing you are better. Cocky is hopeful, maybe a little bit for show. I am not cocky, you are just confused. As long as we are reasonably fit we will compete this year, top 3. Mediocre year for us last as we figured out how to play together. We have added a couple of players that will help with fitness and commitment.

Now you have got (5) months to save up your allowance to afford a gift of a dozen beer to the senior statesmen of the league - are you up for the wager? 12 cold Canadian please.

I thought JTL said you guys were hurting for players and may have to forfeit? :D

Skeeter

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coachmen are now United. DFC has 2 Div 1 teams, and Wade plays for the Razorbacks (who played well this weekend in the Burnaby Lake tournament)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
which dewdney team did we play?

You must have played the Razorbacks as we haven't played you guys yet. Looks like the game will be off this weekend. I'll be notifying the league tonight. Not the best way to start the season. You can really rest well now Itally Stally as you won't have to deal with our offensive onslaught.

JTL

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guy that wants to bet beer (Bored) plays for us (Dewdney United formerly Coachmen) but probably doesn't realize that our game is off this weekend. The team that beat you 3-2 was one point out of relegation last year. So it's a shame when you see young Div. 2 teams walk away with the league and then get hammered in Div. 1 (ie. Arsenal). Hopefully that doesn't happen to you and the Strikers.

JTL

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must have played the Razorbacks as we haven't played you guys yet. Looks like the game will be off this weekend. I'll be notifying the league tonight. Not the best way to start the season. You can really rest well now Itally Stally as you won't have to deal with our offensive onslaught.

JTL

Seriously? Shitty man, I hate not getting games in. Have you looked at the schedule? Since we now have 2 bye weeks maybe one of ours matches up and we can play then. If not, I now don't play for 2 weeks as I have to miss next weekends game.

Bored, looks like I get off easy and don't have to get you a case of Canadian.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bets a bet. Bored still owes you a case of Canadian. A forfeit is counted as 1-0 loss. Best of luck with the rest of the season.

JTL

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ask league to change game since you have 2 bye weeks now, they have backed down in their policy enforcement before so why not now.
Seems like an obvious solution, then again I have been wrong before

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored, looks like I get off easy and don't have to get you a case of Canadian.

A bet is a bet. I will honor the bet seeing as I am the final straw, got coaching duties this weekend with only a slim chance of making the game. I will get the case of beer to you. It is lucky I found out that the game is off, I was going to ask you to increase the wager to (24) beer. But then again I am surprised you bet at all, knowing you have no hope of beating us.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bet is a bet. I will honor the bet seeing as I am the final straw, got coaching duties this weekend with only a slim chance of making the game. I will get the case of beer to you. It is lucky I found out that the game is off, I was going to ask you to increase the wager to (24) beer. But then again I am surprised you bet at all, knowing you have no hope of beating us.

I'm always good for a bet, regardless of who we're playing, and was willing to let you off the hook as a forfeit may go down as a 1-0 victory but we still didn't beat you. But since you and JTL are adamant, I can't turn away free beer :D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guy that wants to bet beer (Bored) plays for us (Dewdney United formerly Coachmen) but probably doesn't realize that our game is off this weekend. The team that beat you 3-2 was one point out of relegation last year. So it's a shame when you see young Div. 2 teams walk away with the league and then get hammered in Div. 1 (ie. Arsenal). Hopefully that doesn't happen to you and the Strikers.

JTL

i dont think we will get hammered im predict us to finish 11th place for some reason just a realistic feeling my team mates are adament of a top 5 finish but i dont realy see that our team is to young maybe in a couple of years but this year we will find it tough i think as for the 3-2 game i don't know if they were missing players but we defo was and we still dominated the second half

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we got promoted we revamped our entire team. We lost about half of the championship div. 2 team and replaced them with ex premier players who make up about half of our starting lineup. We competed most weeks but still only finished 5th. There is a wide gap between the top div. 2 teams and the top half of div. 1. In order to compete div. 2 teams must add experienced players or you'll be in tough.

Anyways best of luck.

The league has been contacted about our forfeit on the weekend and advised us that we should still show up so we may be there with only 7 players. I think we still may win with only 7.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
forfeit reeks of JTL usual bullshit. The strikers will show up ready to walk over a seven man Coachmen only to realise they have about 20 players at the pitch. Coachmen 5-1

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we will get hammered im predict us to finish 11th place for some reason just a realistic feeling my team mates are adament of a top 5 finish but i dont realy see that our team is to young maybe in a couple of years but this year we will find it tough i think as for the 3-2 game i don't know if they were missing players but we defo was and we still dominated the second half

Periods go at the end of a thought, or where you may stop to take a breath. Periods are followed by (2) spaces and the Next letter is capitalized.

11th place, aim high. Clearly your team is shite.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm always good for a bet, regardless of who we're playing, and was willing to let you off the hook as a forfeit may go down as a 1-0 victory but we still didn't beat you. But since you and JTL are adamant, I can't turn away free beer :D

Righteo - so we are agreed the wager is 24 beer?

JTL, change of plans, I will be there but possibly not until half time, we now have 8 for the second half provided no one goes down to injury.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Righteo - so we are agreed the wager is 24 beer?

JTL, change of plans, I will be there but possibly not until half time, we now have 8 for the second half provided no one goes down to injury.

Let's keep it at 12. We'll only have 9 this weekend plus no goalie so I don't want to lose too much.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont see mission or the strikers finishing any lower then top 10. I think that would be respectable for 2 top teams from div 2 ..
as for this weeks game i hope dewdney fields a team. Get to see what a REAL team looks like according to bored..

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Periods go at the end of a thought, or where you may stop to take a breath. Periods are followed by (2) spaces and the Next letter is capitalized.

11th place, aim high. Clearly your team is shite.

just not enough experience in a few years lets see whos shite our avergae age cant be more than 20 im pretty sure we could play u21 and shite kick buts thats gonna prove nothing. As for my grammer i realy don't care as i was never good in school and yes our team is shite ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0