Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game last night, intense and very hard fought.

The Royals were really classy and sportsmanlike. I'm dead serious. My previous misconceptions and prejudices will have to be altered. I missed the first game of the season (road trip--too far) and was looking forward to this tilt. No bitching and whining from the Royals, although a little over the top acting on a few tackles and their one guy on the back who kept yelling 'BEAT THEM WITH THE BALL' was a little nauseating after the 100th time. They once had the ball outside our 18, our defender cramped up in the 18 (across the field) and they kicked the ball out. No shite. Very cool. #13 up front and #10 played hard but were honest in their assessment of the calls for and against.

First 15 minutes was all us, really good start but no finish. They came strong the next 15 with a few chances. End of half was sloppy for both teams. Super hard pressure from both sides, not a lot of time on the ball. 0-0 half.

First 10 of the second half, they started strong and we then settled down, scored a nice goal half way through. 1-0 Dynamo. We then started to get in foul trouble and took a bunch of late silly fouls. One really hurt, we couldn't clear a cross, their guy has the ball right on the top of the 18--almost out--facing the sideline and our outside back made a careless diving tackle. Yellow card. PK. 1-1.

We then had a couple of glorious chances and so did they- a crossbar and a missed follow up--but nothing till the 90th minute. They score a pretty nice goal, a little knock and ball goes wide and the guy buries it with his left foot, perfect shot. Tough way to lose.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was a good battle and a tight game. We had a shot deflect over the net and a miss from six out to tie it, but the score was fair. You hurt?

Fez08

Jan 23, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, heavy night of drinking so decided it was the best call to ride the pine today. Great battles all over the pitch, well played boys.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same story for us week after week. In the game for the first 60 minutes then little lapses lose it for us.

We had 10 men for most of the first half but still went in 1-1. Got a guy at half time and it didn't really help, let a soft corner in probably at 60mins to go down 2-1, then started getting caught and eventually was 4-1 after a few breaks. Capitalizing on chances would do us a world of difference, but numbers definitely our biggest issue this year.
I guess one positive was finally potting my first of the year. Well done to Mission, solid group.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been mia last few games but im back. Played all games so heres a quick recap.
PMO 3 - Redbulls 1
Scored 2 quick goals in ten mins which helped secure the win. Weather played a big part, pissing hard and wind was moving the ball everywhere. Was a sloppy game overall. Did what we had to do to win
PMO 5 - Knights 0
From start to finish we dominated. Had most of the ball control and majority of the chances. Did well to defend talented strikers and dangerous bald guy. Usually have really tough battles vs Knights, seemed like they had an off game
PMO 1 - TWU 0
Overall an even match, could of gone either way. Both teams exchanged good chances and both keepers came up big. After we scored they pressed hard and we were in defensive mode last 30 mins. Giving the edge to TWU in the second. We played smart D and held them off for the win
Big game vs Poco next

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 13: Brought to you by Langley Sparta fixing games since 2008.

Mission vs Fraser Valley
Knights
vs Milan
Red Bulls vs Celtic
Sparta vs Dynamo MOTW Tie
Royals
vs Pomo
TWU vs Surrey United

If Sparta didn't throw the game vs FV last weekend and it was a legit win, ill give FV the nod over Mission 2-1
Knights to much for Milan, 2-0
Not playing this year, I have no idea whats going on with these Bulls of Red, hopefully Celtic can get some numbers out.
LUFC Derby, comes to a cracking 2-2 tie.
Royals to keep rolling 2-0 over Pomo
TWU take out the newly promoted Surrey United 2-0

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission vs FVRD - Our turf field finally opens up tomorrow night, and if everything goes to plan our game on Friday will be the first official game played on the new field. Weather shouldn't be an issue this week.:)
Knights vs Milan - 2-1 as derby games aren't usually easy.
Redbulls vs Celtic - 2-0 Surrey after ending a 5 game losing streak this past weekend, I feel they'll give themselves some breathing room from the drop zone.
Sparta vs Dynamo - 2-2 in the Langley derby. Sparta to come from 2 behind.
Royals vs Pomo - 2-1 Royals in a tough battle with a solid Pomo squad.
TWU vs Surrey - 3-1 granted it's not a reading week or whatever those college kids have I'm going with TWU.

SoccerFan4

Feb 7, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission vs FVRD - Our turf field finally opens up tomorrow night, and if everything goes to plan our game on Friday will be the first official game played on the new field. Weather shouldn't be an issue this week.:)
Knights vs Milan - 2-1 as derby games aren't usually easy.
Redbulls vs Celtic - 2-0 Surrey after ending a 5 game losing streak this past weekend, I feel they'll give themselves some breathing room from the drop zone.
Sparta vs Dynamo - 2-2 in the Langley derby. Sparta to come from 2 behind.
Royals vs Pomo - 2-1 Royals in a tough battle with a solid Pomo squad.
TWU vs Surrey - 3-1 granted it's not a reading week or whatever those college kids have I'm going with TWU.

You didnt predict a score for you grand opening of your turf field.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0