Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Banter & Results March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't you be moving on to the div. 3 thread... get focused for next season.

I heard wet coast was going to take Abby's spot in Div 1.....
...add one or M A Y B E two players, and they're at least mid pack or higher in first... if it wasn't for playing an illegal player early on, they'd have taken 1st in our group...

... I gotta go wash my mouth out now .... then it's off to the confesional...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
April Fool's.

Really do you think you guys are ready for Div.1??? Not too sure about that.
well if you look at the tables if abby dont go up the next best team should? which would be either us or pomo lions. i haven't seen them play ever but do know that they were pretty bad last year. and they forfeited a couple of games last year and i think one this year. we are planning on picking up a few more players who can definitely compete at div 1 level in addition to most of the players we already have. if we go up we won't be coming back down the following season. but who knows whats going on with abby. if they decide to go up then this is all moot. however if its us we would definitely be giving some teams a good run and some teams probably will be giving us a good run. ready for div 1 yes. but doing very well is a whole new topic.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing both Div 1 and div 2 last year... There are no teams in 2C that are ready to compete at div 1 level. Sure you might beat relegation, but i don't think 16th is going to be any fun either. Not basing this on our last game with you guys jimmy.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so is there anyway ACBC could move up if a team decides to drop or a team doesnt want to go up?

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was curious about that, since ACBC picked up a ton of players late, they gonna stay with them next season? Winning a cup is one thing, but playing an entire season at that level gets pretty lame. Without the commitment of these signings will you guys be strong enough to move up, or forever stuck at div 2 winning pres cups? Regardless of the dominance in presidents cup, I think you would have quite a few complaints from other teams being gifted a spot, after finishing 5th. I know the gunners got some flack when they first moved up to div 1 after going undefeated and finishing 2nd to LUFC Athletics about never earning their promotion...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
....Regardless of the dominance in presidents cup...
??? did I miss something .... Extra time goal against a 3rd div team (Sentinel) in the semis.... and PKs in the final against Gunners... where did dominance come in ? ?

I know the gunners got some flack when they first moved up to div 1 after going undefeated and finishing 2nd to LUFC Athletics about never earning their promotion...
Gunners were the top teams in Div 1 and 2... not earning isn't an issue... anyone who moves up earns it in some capacity...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing both Div 1 and div 2 last year... There are no teams in 2C that are ready to compete at div 1 level. Sure you might beat relegation, but i don't think 16th is going to be any fun either. Not basing this on our last game with you guys jimmy.
i honestly think we'd be mid pack. if we play at a higher level(div 1) maybe some more people would want to play with us and there would be more committment (i think). i think we'd be alright. i dont see us finishing any lower than 11-12th

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it's a struggle, look at us. From what I watched of D1 games, I figured we'd be in the top 10, but playing the game it's a lot different than you think. And being D1 doesn't automatically mean guys want to play for you, we tried and only added 2 guys, who were friends of ours getting back in to soccer.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
??? did I miss something .... Extra time goal against a 3rd div team (Sentinel) in the semis.... and PKs in the final against Gunners... where did dominance come in ? ?

Gunners were the top teams in Div 1 and 2... not earning isn't an issue... anyone who moves up earns it in some capacity...

Guru, both these teams are tough teams. Sents beat you guys 5-1 and you are a mid pack Div 2 team. And POMO went undefeated. I wouldnt consider it dominance but we won.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was curious about that, since ACBC picked up a ton of players late, they gonna stay with them next season? Winning a cup is one thing, but playing an entire season at that level gets pretty lame. Without the commitment of these signings will you guys be strong enough to move up, or forever stuck at div 2 winning pres cups? Regardless of the dominance in presidents cup, I think you would have quite a few complaints from other teams being gifted a spot, after finishing 5th. I know the gunners got some flack when they first moved up to div 1 after going undefeated and finishing 2nd to LUFC Athletics about never earning their promotion...

I see what your getting at dutch, but to be honest, we as the players don't know. We just have to wait and see, but it would be nice if it was to happen for us to move up.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, both these teams are tough teams. Sents beat you guys 5-1 and you are a mid pack Div 2 team. And POMO went undefeated. I wouldnt consider it dominance but we won.
I wouldn't consider it anything other than squeeking by... both went to extra time and PKs... but the comment was dominance... my response was to that comment.

... and what has Sentenals win over us have to do with anything ? ? Gunners beat us 5- 0 in the last game of the season... the night before the final... (which I think had LOADS to do with them being knackered in the final) so both teams did us in... but you can't go by the wins over us.... especially this year ... we played most games with 9 or 10 players, and usually with players who had no business on the park due to injury ... we had two players with knee igament damage playing the last 8 games because we couldn't afford the fines. I can't believe we beat anyone at all this season... this season was a complete joke.... no one cared much about it at all.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness Guru other then a 15 minute span in the first half ACBC dominated the final. The second half was all ACBC I don't even think the Gunners got a shot or for that matter over half.

Sents versus ACBC was way closer in play and really anyone deserved to win that game.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness Guru other then a 15 minute span in the first half ACBC dominated the final. The second half was all ACBC I don't even think the Gunners got a shot or for that matter over half.

Sents versus ACBC was way closer in play and really anyone deserved to win that game.

true that...were lucky we didnt get a shot in the second hlf or extra time,considering our goalie was playin on one leg!! what a trooper!

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so is there anyway ACBC could move up if a team decides to drop or a team doesnt want to go up?

in all honesty..i dont think were ready for move up!! we need to dominate our league first...due to inconsistancy of players throughout our winter league was a cause for 5th place finish in the standings and a few points docked on top of that...with the help of a few guys near the end was a key to our success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0