Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Banter & Results March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley to MR is 30 minutes MAX.... go there all the time to Kwantlen, as well as all the friggin games at Willoughby.... 30 each way... maybe that's the hour you're all talking aboot...

Robj... the call ups may not have scored, but you'd have been fcuked if they weren't there.... the first game 6 of our guys (no callups) were pissed to the gills, and we played with 10 for most of the game. Our goalie was our defender who is out with torn knee ligaments and was supposed to be out for the season.... he went in the pipes, and had he ever played a game there prior to that, we should have won that anyway... two softie goals... although he did make some amazing saves... the next game we had 9 players with two call ups, and 2 of the nine were players with season ending knee ligament damage that we had to play... ended up playing with 10 there as well... that game should have been 10 nil in the first half, and maybe 7 - 1 in the second... both goals were total fcuk ups from a guy who never plays on the back line, but had to due to players missing... The westcoast game was a bit of a lucky break... the wind made it shitty for both teams, but playing with 10 again, and another guy who doesn't play goal, and a 50 year old up front ;), I thought we played a pretty strategic game... get up in the first, and sit back in the second and clear...

Stolo SHOULD care about this game coming up.... with a win it puts them in second, and $100 .... if the Coyotes lose to PM Gunners, and lose to DFC... Almost all games MEAN something.... the Rams and Stolo was huge... with that win for Stolo, it puts them in contention for the money... The league should be ashamed for not rescheduling.... also, there BETTER be a HUGE fine for the forfeit! ! If I were the Coyotes, and that forfeit came down to securing second place for Stolo, I'd be royally pissed!

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley to MR is 30 minutes MAX.... go there all the time to Kwantlen, as well as all the friggin games at Willoughby.... 30 each way... maybe that's the hour you're all talking aboot...

Nobody was talking about how long it takes to get from Langley to Maple Ridge...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody was talking about how long it takes to get from Langley to Maple Ridge...

Its 10 minutes to Newton from my house....so it would max take me 30 minutes from Langley (further away then Surrey) to drive over the port man to Westview field.

I would know I drive to Westview every second week. I also drive in rush hour to work and it doesn't take me an hour.

You guys have scooters

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Robj... the call ups may not have scored, but you'd have been fcuked if they weren't there.... the first game 6 of our guys (no callups) were pissed to the gills, and we played with 10 for most of the game. Our goalie was our defender who is out with torn knee ligaments and was supposed to be out for the season.... he went in the pipes, and had he ever played a game there prior to that, we should have won that anyway... two softie goals... although he did make some amazing saves... the next game we had 9 players with two call ups, and 2 of the nine were players with season ending knee ligament damage that we had to play... ended up playing with 10 there as well... that game should have been 10 nil in the first half, and maybe 7 - 1 in the second... both goals were total fcuk ups from a guy who never plays on the back line, but had to due to players missing... The westcoast game was a bit of a lucky break... the wind made it shitty for both teams, but playing with 10 again, and another guy who doesn't play goal, and a 50 year old up front ;), I thought we played a pretty strategic game... get up in the first, and sit back in the second and clear...

Stolo SHOULD care about this game coming up.... with a win it puts them in second, and $100 .... if the Coyotes lose to PM Gunners, and lose to DFC... Almost all games MEAN something.... the Rams and Stolo was huge... with that win for Stolo, it puts them in contention for the money... The league should be ashamed for not rescheduling.... also, there BETTER be a HUGE fine for the forfeit! ! If I were the Coyotes, and that forfeit came down to securing second place for Stolo, I'd be royally pissed!

Forfeit or drive 1hour with 7 guys...hmmm

No one likes to forfeit, those guys won't be around next year anyway.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

guru you're right. if the rams won that night even if they split the points everything would be good for us but too bad they couldn't even field a team....we just need 1 point from our two remaining games. then us n stolo will be tied (if stolo beat players utd) n we win head to head because over the two games we win 7-6 on goal differential. but we will obviously be playing for maximum points. im just saying that if we get our 1 point on saturday. then stolo realize that "shite we cant come second so might as well not even play our last game." if they forfeit then they straight fcuk westcoast out of D2. i've seen both teams play n westcoast is far better then the players.

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
we didnt want to forfeit, but again with 6 or 7 guys its tough. It would have been nice if the league could have rescheduled seeing as how Stolo postponed that game twice on the day of the games prior to us forfeiting. Good luck to the coyotes in clinching 2nd cuz Stolo are shite.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru you're right. if the rams won that night even if they split the points everything would be good for us but too bad they couldn't even field a team....we just need 1 point from our two remaining games. then us n stolo will be tied (if stolo beat players utd) n we win head to head because over the two games we win 7-6 on goal differential. but we will obviously be playing for maximum points. im just saying that if we get our 1 point on saturday. then stolo realize that "shite we cant come second so might as well not even play our last game." if they forfeit then they straight fcuk westcoast out of D2. i've seen both teams play n westcoast is far better then the players.

Yeah I agree westcoast is better than players... and franchise I don't care what you say you're wrong;) Jimmy, want to get in a game in before Spring starts?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I agree westcoast is better than players... and franchise I don't care what you say you're wrong;) Jimmy, want to get in a game in before Spring starts?
ill talk to my guys tomorrow at practice pm me on a possible date/time. we don't have a field but im sure you guys could get one at NAP...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yea you guys played the clock to perfection. I sat myself for the whole second half knowing the game was going to become kick and run. The wind was horrible and made a huge difference in the game. You guys played hard in that first half and we just couldn't finish our chances.

We put ourselves in the position with needing Stolo to win and it would suck if it came down to them not having enough players,because if this game was played when it was suppose to it would be a for sure win by Stolo.

WestCoast...What??? bring on the sunshine and beers and KSL

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmm... I think they were... regardless... The chat about Scurvey to Maple Ditch taking so long is daffy, cuz Scurvey is closer than Langley to MR...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forfeit or drive 1hour with 7 guys...hmmm

No one likes to forfeit, those guys won't be around next year anyway.
Like I said... you could have reschedule the thing...

However....

We had a game against Pegasus scheduled for last Saturday. Our grass field was shut cuz of rain so we got a time later that day (at 4pm) on the turf... The other team couldn't field a team later (so they said) so I told Thomas and he said he'd reschedule it... No forfiet... Fine... We saved SFC PegRang. the loss and a fine... Now we get screwed and get scheduled to play our HOME game over in Surrey... WTF?!?!

....Lesson learned, if a team can't field a team, fcuk em... force them to take the fine and loss...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...we just need 1 point from our two remaining games. then us n stolo will be tied (if stolo beat players utd) n we win head to head because over the two games we win 7-6 on goal differential. but we will obviously be playing for maximum points. im just saying that if we get our 1 point on saturday. then stolo realize that "shite we cant come second so might as well not even play our last game." if they forfeit then they straight fcuk westcoast out of D2. i've seen both teams play n westcoast is far better then the players.

With the way Sto'lo's fielded teams lately, they may not show for the game vs Players at all, which sux for Westcoast ! Especially if Coyotes tie or win the game vs DFC on Saturday at noon. Sto' lo vs. Players are on Sunday at noon... These two games should be played at the same time to avoid problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0