Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and banter - DEC. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Cup schedule is out and check out game #11. Poco United vs the Hurricanes. Actually its a shame one of those two teams will be out in the first round while some div 3 teams have a buy into the second round. If we (Athletic) beat the GEU div three team have the daunting task of facing the winner of poco/surrey. I'm suprised I'm the first to comment on this matchup, I guess all the Hurricane boys are still passed out in thier local surrey ditch. :)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't complain about our draw. looks like bearcats will be in the second round if we both win first. However I always hate the open draw because some shite team always seems to get an easy route. I.e GEU wolves and GEU titans both getting 1st round byes then playing each other in the second. What can you do though no complaints from our side

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the best geu team in the knights cup is the div.3 rams. Could be a gaint killer. Hurricanes, Poco City, dont let it happen.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Well the Cup schedule is out and check out game #11. Poco United vs the Hurricanes. Actually its a shame one of those two teams will be out in the first round while some div 3 teams have a buy into the second round. If we (Athletic) beat the GEU div three team have the daunting task of facing the winner of poco/surrey. I'm suprised I'm the first to comment on this matchup, I guess all the Hurricane boys are still passed out in thier local surrey ditch. :)

Minors are a good young sqaud and their keep played for the BC provincials, your team will be in quite tough if there not Hung Over!! :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Can't complain about our draw. looks like bearcats will be in the second round if we both win first. However I always hate the open draw because some shite team always seems to get an easy route. I.e GEU wolves and GEU titans both getting 1st round byes then playing each other in the second. What can you do though no complaints from our side

shite teams Geu.....If your team plays the Coyotes....thats a bye in itself.....worry about your own team bulljive don't start talking shite before playoffs start!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as you can see from my post I wasn't to worried about it. Just mentioning that a shite team like the wolves are going to get into the 3rd round without any tough games. No big deal though because in the end you will have to play a good team and will get run over. It was like last year when a white rock team who was 2nd last in our division last year got a bye then played 2 bottom of the barrel div 3 teams to cost to the quaterfinals. But thats the way open draws work I have no problem with it. To many teams to start ranking them and if they did to many people would be unhappy.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It was like last year when a white rock team who was 2nd last in our division last year got a bye .

That same White Rock team plays a Div 3 side this year in the first round, then after that victory we'll be possibly (likely) playing ND National Bank in the second round...I'm sure you'll have and interest in that one, bulljive. ;)

No free pass for WRU this time 'round!

~Shaven

Magpie

Jun 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That div 3 white rock that was 2nd last in your division finished in fourth and our second cup game was against a div 2 team . Also the team that put us out of the cup was the eventual winners (which we did beat in our last league game ) . Now I can't speak for how the team was before I joined but after my first game with them , which we lost to PoCo , we didn't lose another game until we were eliminated from the cup . I'm not really sure what team you played for last year but I don't think you beat us when I played .

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a tough draw, but its a good way to get momentum right off the bat. Last year we started with our 1st game against the ND Players who were 1st in Div 2 at the time. We had a convincing wi,n and rode the momentum all the way to the Cup title. Poco is a very tough 1st game, but it will force us to play our best soccer right off the bat. Hurricanes aren't complaining about the draw, but rather are looking forward to the challenges it should bring. We want to go thru as many good teams as possible to win the Cup.

canuckboy said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0