Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tigers have never had big turnouts to practice. Yet we are still always near the top of our group, have made three Presidents Cup Final appearences and won it once. Why start practicing now?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Mr. McKinnon........used to coach us back in the Cape Horn plastic maroon no-breath jersey days.

Still got the socks!:eek: Mr. Mckinnon still comes to the games and good to see. As for us staying in Div 2 who knows, but if we did go we might have to extend our one night a week practices to 45 minutes and coach may make us do two full laps. Doubt Ranger misses Skytrain but banter would be good if we were to go to Div1.

Canuckboy, did Celtics walk away with 2c? yes. Do you think that Celtic has to run up the score everygame? - no. But there was not one team that deserved a better relsult on the pitch against Celtic. We have had a couple close halves but nothing more. We laugh over the goals against and on occassion have given an OG. Believe Guru put your team on the score board last time.

Guru's family to start (yes)
Skytrain to score first two goals (absolutely)
Snowman to shoot for a throw in (at least 2)
Gumby to buy the first round (go blue!)
Bored to miss from the two (our sniper miss from the two?)
Sliver to grab ankle and scream like a school girl (hope so)
Skytrain to fake injury in warm up and drink with Slider
(absolutely!)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Tigers have never had big turnouts to practice. Yet we are still always near the top of our group, have made three Presidents Cup Final appearences and won it once. Why start practicing now?

Tigers...they get good draws every year thats why I think this thing is rigged.....won it when....they lost in the finals like 8 year ago and when was the last time they fighting out for the top? That was 3 years ago when they got there ass kicked by the knights and some how won some bullshit protest but still finished third!

Your team is in the weakest division of the three and your still not top three.

When was it again the last time you guys made the provincial finals:confused:

Good luck this year...I expect to see you guys walk through the tournament and win it all:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What team was it that forced you into a playoff with Dewdney way back when?

The Tigers won the Presidents Cup in 1999. We were in the final in 98 and 00. We lost to Surrey United in 98 and the Surrey Rangers in 00. We beat GN in 99 and there weren't any B Provincials back then. Not a bad three year run.

Weakest of the three Div. 2 sides? Well, I've only been back for a bit so I can't really comment on that. But I will. From what I have read and seen, the groups seem very close to me.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't give me that shite skytrain. Teams don't tone their game down when they are up by a single goal. No team, in any league. Two goals mabye, if its the Titans. That's why your 7 wins by one goal illustrates the fact you don't quite outclass this division as much as you think you do. You won 2C. Great. Bully for you.

PS Tell guru to put in a couple more for us if we meet you in the cup :)

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
how the fukc does a game on turf get cancelled? is that not what they're made for...playing games in conditions that would be unplayable on a natural field? it's not even fukcing raining! even if it was there's absolutely no reason LUFC should've called the game off. I call bullshit. This is a sad attempt by them to try and avoid playing a game that they know could go either way thus possibly preventing them from being promoted.

if you can't figure it out, LUFC cancelled their game tonight against the Royals due to an unplayable turf field.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Franchise is just mad his Leafs suck ass sorry Franchise thye always have and always will.

Those Canucks are playing some good hockey right now to.:rolleyes:

Big Wolves game tommorow...the giant killers looking to take Langley out of second place contension! Its raining out will the Langley turf be under water as normal:confused:

Soccer Mom if we play tommorow then call bullshit

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
seriously... cancelling turf? we should get to make the game up at our place. our grass field is open and in good condition, yet their turf is somehow closed:confused: . come play in tsawwassen, pansies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
how the fukc does a game on turf get cancelled?
if you can't figure it out, LUFC cancelled their game tonight against the Royals due to an unplayable turf field.

What some of you are implying is speculative nonsense.

How? It rains hard.

The langley Turf field gets closed 3-4 times per year Winter season when it rains hard. It has to do with the Track on the outside not having drainage and it floods the outside 3' of the turf field. Now I cannot speak for the LUFC Athletics, but if you call the Langley field line, it says the fields are closed.

604-533-6111

I also believe it has alot to do with the fact that the Langley township does "blanket" field closures rather than specific fields.

They just got some key guys back from Cards I understand as well, so why would they not want to play?

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
how the fukc does a game on turf get cancelled? is that not what they're made for...playing games in conditions that would be unplayable on a natural field? it's not even fukcing raining! even if it was there's absolutely no reason LUFC should've called the game off. I call bullshit. This is a sad attempt by them to try and avoid playing a game that they know could go either way thus possibly preventing them from being promoted.

Our turf field sucks, nice to play on but when it rains hard like it did today it floods. It is bullshat I will agree with you, seems like a waste of money to have a turf field that you can't play on when it rains hard. :mad:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
They just got some key guys back from Cards I understand as well, so why would they not want to play?

ACTUALLY, I stand corrected. They (Athletics) are without three guys according to the FVSL Site so perhaps the field issues are a bit of good luck for Langley.

The LUFC Dynamo / GEU Wolves match should be ok for tomorow as it has not been raining here now since early afternoon.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen boys. We played on the turf two
weeks ago when it was technically closed.
We got some flak for it. We checked the field
late last night during the rain and it was soaked
over the sidelines. We waited till 3:00 pm to check
again today and it was still flooded past the sidelines.
We called the game because we knew that you would need
to know by 4:00 in order to let your players know not to bother
to make the trip. A township official has said to our coach that
they didn't want us to squeegee the field, if it had water on it, don't use it.

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
r0y4l said:
seriously... cancelling turf? we should get to make the game up at our place. our grass field is open and in good condition, yet their turf is somehow closed:confused: . come play in tsawwassen, pansies.
i like how you think my friend. we played on turf today, whats the problem? thats complete crap that it was cancelled, i played on that Langley turf three weeks ago in a freaking monsoon. i smell fear...hopefully.

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever, Bank was the better team i must admit, they took care of their chance(s) and we (dewds) didnt. Good job Bank, no excuses.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slider said:
Whatever, Bank was the better team i must admit, they took care of their chance(s) and we (dewds) didnt. Good job Bank, no excuses.
WHO POOTED???dewdneys back line seriousely smelled like moldy tacos soaked in shite sauce...........and ours just looked like they did in the last 30mins. no joke....i almost puked upon first wif!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0