Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
Listen boys. We played on the turf two
weeks ago when it was technically closed.
We got some flak for it. We checked the field
late last night during the rain and it was soaked
over the sidelines. We waited till 3:00 pm to check
again today and it was still flooded past the sidelines.
We called the game because we knew that you would need
to know by 4:00 in order to let your players know not to bother
to make the trip. A township official has said to our coach that
they didn't want us to squeegee the field, if it had water on it, don't use it.

i believe on the FVSL website it states that if the home team can't provide a field but the away team can, the game is to be played at the away teams field. you boys didn't seem to be in too much of a panic to come out here and play. whats the deal with that?

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney having to go and get their beer??? What's with that, sliver and bored how come you guys didnt come out for our post, post game team meeting? Anyways kudos to the bank for a good match.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Don't give me that shite skytrain. Teams don't tone their game down when they are up by a single goal. No team, in any league. Two goals mabye, if its the Titans. That's why your 7 wins by one goal illustrates the fact you don't quite outclass this division as much as you think you do. You won 2C. Great. Bully for you.

PS Tell guru to put in a couple more for us if we meet you in the cup :)

somebody must have read this before our saturday night game

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
i believe on the FVSL website it states that if the home team can't provide a field but the away team can, the game is to be played at the away teams field. you boys didn't seem to be in too much of a panic to come out here and play. whats the deal with that?

soccer mom how about last year when your field was deemed unplayable on like wednesday and we provided mackie turf for saturday and you guys refused. I believe you said why would we play at your fukcing field when its our home game. I guess it was the 10 minute drive from tsawassen and the million doller field that left the bad taste in your guys mouth. I hear the BANK lost 6-1.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
soccer mom how about last year when your field was deemed unplayable on like wednesday and we provided mackie turf for saturday and you guys refused. I believe you said why would we play at your fukcing field when its our home game. I guess it was the 10 minute drive from tsawassen and the million doller field that left the bad taste in your guys mouth. I hear the BANK lost 6-1.

it was too short of notice for a saturday night game, we didn't have enough guys available. ;) :wa:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC DYNAMO 3 - GEU WOLVES 2

We beat the wolves 3-2 today, though only barely. We were crap in the 1st half despite our couple of near breakaways and a few unfinished chances. We played a much stronger second and rebounded from being down 1-nil in the 1st with 3 goals.

Geu scored on a spot shot rebound late in the game and pressed really hard for the remaining 10 minutes. They were unlucky not to score, though we also missed some sitters so I think the missed chances were about equal.

Good friendly game. Thanks GEU.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom,

You're grasping at straws. Not playing last night was to our disadvantage. At home, Saturday nighter, our turf, early in the season rather than a late make-up after some Cup play thrown in? We'd have rather played yesterday, because down the road we'll really be in card trouble. We had three guys sitting; big deal. We also have a 20 deep roster.

Anyone who's been reading these threads for the last couple of years knows the trouble we have with that turf. No, not an engineering marvel.

Anyhow, looking forward to having you guys out.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinda sucks for any Langley team. Get the bonus of having a turf field, and its probably the only turf field I know of that floods. I heard a rumour last year that they were going to fix it ???????

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
I heard a rumour last year that they were going to fix it ???????

Yeah, the field builders came and did some tests along with some engineering guys and it met all the requirements for drainage. That basically leaves Langley up the MAP Creek without a paddle. All their money is now tied up in the Stadium and the new turf field they are installing for next season in Willoughby. (200th and 72nd).

Do not expect any changes soon.

To be totally fair, in three seasons now using the turf (On Sundays) I have had only 2 games cancelled and both were Snow. Sunday's seem to be pretty dry for some reason.... perhaps because we are close to Abbey and the God fearing folk.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 2 Surrey Coyotes 0

Probaly the worst game we have played all year, we played down to there level and just managed to pot 2 goals in the last 7 minutes to close for comfort... twatssen next week hopefuly we get up for this one!

Cantuzzi #10

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco United 1 ;) - 0 Tigers

Tough loss for us considering we carried the majority of the play. We just couldn't hit the net, and when we got our crosses in, their goalie was there. He played a good game and controlled his box well.

They scored early on a bad play by our goalie. New guy. Loser. I.......erm, he and the sweeper had a bit of a communication breakdown, and their forward got a foot in and it's in the back of the net. Their second goal wasn't really a goal although the records will say it was. The ball comes across and I tip it up over the bar. It hits the rugby uprights cross bar(2ft above the soccer crossbar)and bounces out into the six. Their striker puts it in the net and it's called a goal. We complain a little, and move on. What do you do?

We should have had one in the first minute of the second when our striker was taken out in the box, but it was not to be yesterday.

We might play them again on Friday in a make up game. If we do it should be a good one. Our quest for first though seems to be over. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0