Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 Results and Banter: Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of co-ed summer I can't wait to see how my Butter FC socks look with our Celtic strip eh Guru.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Plenty of soft cokcs on here that like to dish it out but have trouble taking it, eh walls.
are you saying that i enjoy dishing out cokc......
....or that you enjoy taking it :eek: !!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored,

I think the three teams that finish on top of the groups go into a round robin style playoff, then top two go up.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
are you saying that i enjoy dishing out cokc......
....or that you enjoy taking it :eek: !!!!!
Your heart is in the right place but you are just too stupid to pull off anything remotely clever or amusing.

Soft cokc refers ones lack of hardness, perhaps someone that likes to talk a lot but doesn't have any nuts to back it up. With the talk of Tea Bags we all know you are intimately aware of balls, even though whether you have any yourself is in dispute, therefore you may be a little misdirected on the proper use there of.

You are a great example of a soft cokc, thank you for volunteering, whenever it gets fun or clever you take it too seriously and go off on a tangent, threatening people, calling them out etc, getting personal. To date doing nothing to back it up. On you go, back to your penis pump.

And yes I do enjoy dishing it out if you must know - instructional video to follow.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One year in the VMSL we had nearly the same playoff, 2 teams from the Premier Div and the Two top teams from Div 1 in a playoff for 2 spots. The idea was good but it lead to match fixing, 2 teams agreed in the middle of a game to play to a tie making the last game meaningless no matter what the outcome. It was crappy for the team that got shafted. One team dropped out after 2 bad results and the team that hadn't played them got a 1-0 win and no chance to move on. I'd hate for that to happen again.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Bored,

I think the three teams that finish on top of the groups go into a round robin style playoff, then top two go up.

last year the 3 division winners in div 2 and the 2nd last place team in div 1 played in the round robin with the top 2 in the round robin going up.
The last place div 1 team is relagated.

Unless they change it again!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I think you might be right Redwoods, top three from Div2 play off in a round robin with third from the bottom in Div1, last and second to last go down, anyone ???

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
No I think you might be right Redwoods, top three from Div2 play off in a round robin with third from the bottom in Div1, last and second to last go down, anyone ???

You are close KH. Last year the winners of all three div 2 groups went to a round robin with the 8th place div 1 team. The three teams with the best record go to div 1. That said, all 3 div 2 teams can get promoted. The 8th place div 1 team is basically fighting for their spot. 9th and 10th go down no matter what. Last year it was Port Moody Fury fighting to stay. NDFC and Hurricanes got promoted where as Eagleridge Hades had the worse record, so Port Moody got to stay in Div 1. As far as the Hurricanes, they moved to the VMSL so they gave their spot to Whalley United ( Div 2C last year ) That was unfortunate because it was a waste of a spot considering there were several teams throughout div 2 that were far more deserving of a Div 1 spot. I think the FVSL is doing the same this year which is to bad becuase if you win your group, you have proved yourself already. You should not have to prove yourself again in a mini playoff. It goes back to re-configuring div 2 so that two teams go up and two Div 1 teams go down. Simple. Hope the league gets this right one day. Next year would be a great time to start. Are you reading this FVSL ?????? Hope so !

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
last in 1 gets relegated. top team in each side of div2 play round robin with second from last in div1, with the top two going to div1 and the last 2 going/staying in div2.......
........or not :confused:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I checked the standings from last year from Div 1

8 - Port Moody Lions
9 - LUFC
10- North Delta Players

North Delta Players are Five Corners now are they not ?
So 9 and 10 went down. I think Pt Moody finished 3rd in the tourney and Hades finished last, but I may be wrong. Can you check anywhere ? Old postings ?

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I checked the old postings and it looks like the Hades and the Fury tied their last game in the playoff. The Fury needed a tie or a win to keep their place in Div 1.

BlownByYou

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
last in 1 gets relegated. top team in each side of div2 play round robin with second from last in div1, with the top two going to div1 and the last 2 going/staying in div2.......
........or not :confused:

so does this mean that... and only if this is correct... that either the PM Gunners or LUFC won't even get a chance to play in the playoff since they are both in Div. 2A??

EDIT: this is just one example of many situations possibly... just because i only know about 2A i use this example

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlownByYou said:
so does this mean that... and only if this is correct... that either the PM Gunners or LUFC won't even get a chance to play in the playoff since they are both in Div. 2A??

EDIT: this is just one example of many situations possibly... just because i only know about 2A i use this example

yes that's correct. that's why dude has been going on all the time about winning the rest of the way and not giving a shite about cup play cuz LUFC is only concerned with moving back up to div1.

personally, though i think the gunners are a better team, i'd rather see them stay in div2 for one more season so we can have a few more cracks at them.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Speaking of co-ed summer I can't wait to see how my Butter FC socks look with our Celtic strip eh Guru.

Im not telling you again, those socks wont see the park. and if you even bring them to the field, you dont get a shirt.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
Originally Posted by STD said:
Im not telling you again, those socks wont see the park. and if you even bring them to the field, you dont get a shirt.

Even bringing them out could result in a team fine, or team round.... and we'd have to set them on fire :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0