Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see guys bitching about Kevins' reffing. Even on a bad day he is heads above the other trash we get out to ref div. 2. We have had Ziggy for the last 2 weeks and boy is he off to a tragic start.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
I can't see guys bitching about Kevins' reffing. Even on a bad day he is heads above the other trash we get out to ref div. 2. We have had Ziggy for the last 2 weeks and boy is he off to a tragic start.

My condolences... I feel your anger... we had him in our first game vs. LUFC... the good thing is, he didn't help either side in that one... he's awfull. Kevin was a good ref.... I think he just needs some R&R, he's taking his hectic schedule out on the players.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I'm totally choked at Kevin Uppal for taking so much leniency with his calls... He spent more time carding and warning DFC for complaining about vicious tacles and intentional fouls than he did for vicious tackles themselves... We get a yellow for lining up too close on a free kick, and we lose players with bloody noses, or injuries from late tacles, and it's play on.... I'm sure he felt he could whistle every play, but but with Poco's inferior players, he figured it would have been a one sided score anyway... JB did the same last week with the Wolves. These ref's have to start protecting players from thugs who's only intent is to crack an ankle. It's shocking!!

Isn't Division 2 fun... :D

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One other issue about the reffing so far this year, they seem to be pulling the cards out alot easier and more frequent than past seasons. Wondering if anyone else out there has noticed the same trend?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
One other issue about the reffing so far this year, they seem to be pulling the cards out alot easier and more frequent than past seasons. Wondering if anyone else out there has noticed the same trend?
Far more cards for stupid little things like delay of game, not moving 10 yards on free kicks, and questioning the refs IQ in general... less cards for broken legs and decapitation etc.
Somewhere along the way these guys changed from calling a game, to protecting thier "dignity" and showing players who's in charge.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Far more cards for stupid little things like delay of game, not moving 10 yards on free kicks, and questioning the refs IQ in general... less cards for broken legs and decapitation etc.
Somewhere along the way these guys changed from calling a game, to protecting thier "dignity" and showing players who's in charge.

You hit the nail right on the head you can now tackle a player not once but twice in a game and the guy you tackle will get Red carded and I mean tackle like a NFL player would tackle or you can run in after two guys go for a 50/50 ball and push a guy from behind and only get a warning and get this on a 50/50 ball you injure a guy they get a free kick and if two players are looking up at a ball in the air on a free kick if they both fall down you get a PK in the final ten to win the game

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and more thing about the Ref's if you take out a guy on the home team two yards inside the 18 you now get a free kick two yards outside the 18 :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Oh and more thing about the Ref's if you take out a guy on the home team two yards inside the 18 you now get a free kick two yards outside the 18 :rolleyes:

Manager..... I think King Kevin needs the hug more than I.... What's yer dads number? :rolleyes:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick note lads...the banter recently is great, in the sense that it is in good spirit, not malicious and fairly well-mannered (as much as I expect from you lot ;) ). However, long drawn-out post's like Shifty's are way too over the top. There is no need for so much quoting, nor so much response. Condense what you (all of you) have to say, and pick out what's most relevant and post about it. That way, we can all have our say and read without sifting through novels to get at it all.

Signed your loving mod,

~Shaven :D

P.S. I've been pondering a thought for a while, and wanted to put it out there for discussion...In regards to the Arsenal/Bank game with 20 min. or so left to play, that the league has decided will be played out after their next match; IMO, this is just shite. It is not fair to either team that this is done, as the dynamics of the game have totally changed from the original contest. Lineups will be different, conditions will be different. Again, IMO, there are only two options here that are fair. Call the original match a result, with Arsenal taking the 2-0 decision, or declare the match void and replay it to full time to declare a winner. Playing the final 20 minutes, after a 90 min match to decide a game played many weeks before is, frankly, stupid. Thoughts?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
we had him in our first game vs. LUFC...

Thought I'd weigh in here...We had Kevin in our first match versus Poco this season, and he did a fine job that was up to his respected standards. Only one observation other than that...is it just me, or is there a bit more of Kev this season than last, if you know what I mean?
:eek:

;)
~Shaven

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would expect that only the players that were dressed for the original game that was called will be able to play the final 20 minutes.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
I would expect that only the players that were dressed for the original game that was called will be able to play the final 20 minutes.

...and if one or more of those players is unavailable for some reason? What if there are many players missing, and one or both teams cannot field 11 players who were at the original? Devil's advocate, I realise, but it is possible. Too many unanswerable questions, and uncontrollables, which is why there can be only two options, and this 20 min. mini game is not one of them.

~Shaven

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the DFC v POCO last wknd I cant think of more than 1 or 2 questionable calls, it was the lack of yellows on late crap that was the only problem and yes Kevin Uppal is the best we'll get in div 2 by far.
As for Canuckboy v Guru, neither are dirty, both are classy and no more means to be said. I thought CB was uncharacteristically dirty a few times saturday but I still have nothing negative to say about him. It was one game and obviously im biased anyways. 2C wide open? I doubt it, right now DFC is playing well below our capabilities and learning to play as a team. We didnt expect to roll over everyone right away and some teams (lions, dmu) are gonna make sure nothing is easy. Weve already dropped points.
Anyways, looking forward to an away game so I dont have to drive an hour next wknd.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector, our line up for this weekend will be like any line up for us any weekend, whoever shows up on game day is always a nice little surprise for our team. We do not have a lot of consistency in that regard. The only thing I can guarantee is that I will be there.....possibly Titan and Keep too.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:

Utah, I'd have to agree. We have had 6 Yellow cards so far this season after 3 games compared to 11 all last season With mostly the same players. We have had no chirping fouls, but they seem to be calling the contact.

We had Ziggy in game 1, Some young guy from Poco for game 2, and the Richard Dreyfus looking guy for game 3 so at least we are getting a mixture.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 20 minute mini game is totally ridiculous, either call it a game or replay the whole thing. Replay the entire game would be pretty unfair to the team that was leading when it was called.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nationals vs Arsenal........i got the OFFICIAL call last night from the executive and we are definateley playing out the last 20mins after the scheduled match. you are allowed to play whatever players show up wether at the first match or not. obviousely i'm all for this. and thats not just a biased opinion......if any of you out there truly believe that it is not possible to get two goals in 20minutes you are idiots!!!!! its not unheard of to get four goals in twenty minutes(ex: our last game we had 4 in 15). twenty minutes is a lot of time in a soccer game. i could see giving them the W, if our guy went down, but the fact of the matter is the game was not over. good job by the executive......very fair :D .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
except for the fact that you guys were getting your asses handed too you. If the last 20 were played out it would have been more likely 3 or 4 nothing then tied up. If you guys were pressing and the game had shifted okay, and don't tell me that was the case because I was there. They should have played until the lights went out, they probably still would have been able to finish the game.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a baseball game is rained out part way through a game there is a cut off point that makes it count as a complete game. I am not sure if that is 5,6 or 7 inning but surely soccer has the same thing. Anything before that cut off should be an automatic replay. 20 minutes is plenty of time to score 2 goals but the game can't be returned to the state it was at. Walls is an idiot, for a plethora of reason, his opinion on this not included. Coquitlam should get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0