Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Blah Blah Blah

Well clown, since my post was so BLAH, why'd you quote it all forcing everone to read it again. Oh wait thats right, your posts are mostly ignored.

In response to your zero quality post, but hardly meant to dignify it-

How do I get any work done, I do not. Unlike you I am not a pee-on. I can choose to work as I like, as for napping I enjoy plenty, the more you post the more napping I actually get done as typically only significant things worry me enough to interupt my sleep.

As far as a tight 2C, I doubt there will be a run-away unless some club has foolishly stacked their team. This would typically only be the case when a bunch of has-beens are suffering from something similar to little man syndrome and have to win convincingly just to avoid suicide. Otherwise what would someone have to gain? What kind if superstar wants to play in DIV 2?

I will excuse UTAH and that bunch from this statement as I genuinely can see their intent.

Regarding my team, nowhere did I state where we would finish and I clearly did not represent anything that would suggest such. Insulting where my squad will finish does little or nothing to insult me. So please carry on.

See you around.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
I believe that is the spot that he is refering to! South of the airport!

You are correct. 5 Corners is near the airport and bordering on Murrayville. I believe the manager is someone named Hoffman formerly of ND. (My understanding is they were mostly Langley players).

So welcome back if I am correct, and GL.

Curious- You guys sign anyone new, or do you just have a few more guys getting a seniors discount at the Village?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
GEU Titans have stacked up their team and are looking for bigger and better things this year new goalie new coach new back line, NDUNB good all round team #7 I think on that team is the straw that stirs the drink

They must be stacked didn't you beat them 9-1

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suburbinator,

Glad you didn't waste anymore of your precious time reading and responding to my zero quality posts.

I see you have nicely set up your posts for next week. Having a team beat you, and perhaps badly, doesn't make them 'a bunch of has-beens suffering (blah blah blah).

If a bunch of people choose to play together and happen to be more skillful than say, your team that is (I can only guess) a bunch of players that are striving to be in Div 1 or Premier and do it only for the betterment of the club, then that is OK. Perhaps the bunch of players that are playing together simply to play together will, by design or otherwise be playing in a different division next year - whether that be up or down it doesn't really matter.

Really, no one in the Valley is turning pro, least of all anyone who is playing in Div 2. Playing can be about enjoying the game and of course beating LUFC Dynamo.

Perhaps after Sundays game you can tell us what Division would be appropriate for each of our players - I look forward to what will obviously be a very insightful breakdown or our players, their abilities and where that will be most useful the motherclub - Go Dewdney!

Following the lead of one Osama - should we wager a couple of beers from each other cooler on the outcome? Perhaps 6 cold ones?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oooooh, a whole 6 cold ones!
Don't break the bank.

I say you wager a 24pack of Guru's cooler.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Don't break the bank.

Do I hear 30? I'm fine with whatever The Substitute would like to wager. Provided he will honor us with a response. ;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Don't break the bank.

HEY!!!! Shouldn't I be consulted before wagering from my cooler ? ?

Bored, I hope you plan on sharing that 30 pack with your bestest friend...... and me too of course!

I usually only buy 2 x 30 packs, then it's off to the bar.... we may just have to forgo the bar and drink the extra 30 at the park... not that I'm opposed to free beer.... we could also drink it in the ferry line on the way home...

Ok... I'm in agreeance for the 30 pack... but they better be cold!!!

Oh.... also, I'll have to agree on the runaway in 2C as well... It's too bad for the rest of the group, they're playing for 2nd place with no chance of promotion!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Suburbinator,

I see you have nicely set up your posts for next week. Having a team beat you, and perhaps badly, doesn't make them 'a bunch of has-beens suffering (blah blah blah).

Following the lead of one Osama - should we wager a couple of beers from each other cooler on the outcome? Perhaps 6 cold ones?

Wow, don't read between the lines, theres nothing secret in my postings. I didn't even know you played for DFC, and I was not even refering to DFC. Any team that truly runs away with D2, is probably stacked pretty heavily with high calibre players...since for the most part it's a pretty even Division and it would take a pretty quality D1 or Premier team to "run" away with it.

You clearly do not know me at all, or even well. I am gracious in winning and in defeat, If you beat us, your probably a better team duh, if you beat us twice then you are clearly a better team. I would be the 1st one to post a message here telling everyone how well you played. If you happened to have a bunch of players playing well below the level their skill dictates then clearly something is not right in your club, or perhaps as you say they want to play together. I do respect the latter as I have a few myself. I don't know you, or your team so cannot say if this is the case.

See you Sunday, I will ask my losers on Sunday if they want to wager or not, It would be up to them. Come find me at the park!

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
probably stacked pretty heavily with high calibre players...!

Bored, I believe he was referring to players like Guru. :D

suburbanator said:
If you beat us, your probably a better team ,if you beat us twice then you are clearly a better team.

Clearly one of the brightest comments to come from the Langley Clan. :eek: Bored, don't even go there...... you won't be able to compete with these kinds of posts. :rolleyes:

suburbanator said:
I will ask my losers on Sunday

With such a positive attitude about your group, you must have high expectations for this season. Dude must play for you, he likes to lose. ;)

skytrainnowoutfromretirementtomakesomemoneyfortheDFCcooler

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it looks like a few of the guys we had out for our team may not stay and even a couple from last year are considering leaving regardless. it is not too good ahead of our game this saturday nite as we want to be ready for what should be a solid match against a team that will definitely be near the top of the division. i will be 15 min late myself and our starting left mid will be there at half so hopefully we can hang in til then as we will have a lot of guys out of position. from what it sounds like, LUFC will be a force to deal with even if they are older than us, though i can say our oldest player is no longer 22, but 30. Only one but thats a start, we have actually gotten younger overall, if that was possible. hopefully the match will live up to expectations but it is the first weekend so maybe the return tilt later on will be better.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious- You guys sign anyone new, or do you just have a few more guys getting a seniors discount at the Village?[/QUOTE]

yes new signings a 43 year old and a 35 year old so we are younger than last year look out now . clones are more or less the same team as last year. i hear vern is back ? and ralph is signed . both will fit our mold and help the team and ralph will really help the cooler empty out faster

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
it looks like a few of the guys we had out for our team may not stay and even a couple from last year are considering leaving regardless. it is not too good ahead of our game this saturday nite...i will be 15 min late myself and our starting left mid will be there at half so hopefully we can hang in til then as we will have a lot of guys out of position.

Good lord Bluenose, commitment issues already?? Bro, that's not a good sign. I'd address that but quick, or the Titans will be in trouble this season and it won't be happy times on the Mackie turf for you.

Good luck Saturday night, however...from the looks of it, you'll need it.

Is lil' keeps still in goal for you? If so, he may get a lot of work Sat. night...good thing he's usually up for it.

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain,

Unfortunately I won't have the pleasure of megging you this season (unless it is somewhere in the Washed-up-Old-Farts-and-Yappy-Young-Punks Cup), as I'm playing for the other LUFC Div 2 team. The one called LUFC "A" on the website.

Saturday night should be interesting. We have 85 (yes, 85) guys signed, and all are confirmed. Wow Utah...I know you wanted depth this season, but there is such thing as excessive.

~Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain said:
Will see you there Argyle, we'll have a few as we catch the game as usual.
Wait a minute...does this mean that you are not playing this weekend?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
I will ask my losers on Sunday if they want to wager or not, It would be up to them. Come find me at the park!

Maybe check with them at training, or front the beer yourself, you pick the amount, it doesn't need to be 30.

That is a standing bet for the rest of the teams too, if anyone wants to take us up on it during the season. Please notify us prior to the games - thanks, and clarify the amount. Wagers only honoured if they are accecpted on here.

Nice to see you SKYTRAIN.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored said:
That is a standing bet for the rest of the teams too, if anyone wants to take us up on it during the season. Please notify us prior to the games - thanks, and clarify the amount. Wagers only honoured if they are accecpted on here.

TheRob said:
A standing bet for the rest of the year!?!?

Confident midget aren't you? Sassy.

Why are all the midgets drawn to play with DFC... Bored, Frodo, Fat Rabbit, Guru, Shift_dwarf... Sliver, Skytrain and Snowman are the only ones over 4'10" ... guess it's up to them to rule the sky's.
Maybe we should change our kit from Hoops to Hobit rags. :rolleyes:

We need a dancing, drinking snowman smilie..... hey throb, get on that will ya?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
A standing bet for the rest of the year!?!?

Confident midget aren't you? Sassy.

Just trying to spice it up a little, plus I intend to drink about 6 beer after each game and I need to be creative on how I going to be able to afford it. I spent a lot of money on my new lifters soccer boots - custom made, very expensive. Also Guru is a bit of a bully (silver back) keeps taking my beer/lunch money. :(

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
probably stacked pretty heavily with high calibre players...!
Skytrain said:
Bored, I believe he was referring to players like Guru. :D

skytrainnowoutfromretirementtomakesomemoneyfortheDFCcooler

You just earned yourself half a pint ..... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars