Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL] Div 3 2016/2017 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Highlanders 1-1 Westcoast Strikers. Westcoast controlled the ball for the first half and were frustrated not to score. Put a PK off the bar. 0-0 half. 2nd half was much more even. We got a PK after a shoving match in the box. Another missed PK. Westcoast scored at about the 70th min. We pressed and got the equalizer in the 85th min. They were obviously frustrated not winning the game. There was a collision at the final whistle with their defender and their goalie. Keeper went down yelling of the concussion he suffered. Hopefully he's ok. Looks like he will be.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FV website shows a red card in our game. I didn't see one, unless one of their guys got one at the end of the game for insisting there was a foul on the play with their keeper. BTW there wasn't.

xyz

Feb 27, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alde vs Chwk 1-1

Decent game to start, but got scrappy after a few dink challenges by Alde's #10.

Ref refused to use his cards, and lost control of the game. It felt way too late when he finally yellow carded #10 in the 80th minute for his third studs-up slide from behind on our guys. We had some dumb fouls ourselves that should've been carded.

This was my third year playing this guy, and it's the same every time. He plays with some misplaced chip on his shoulders, gets everyone riled up with his annoying chatter, and eventually goes into stupid tackles.

Sounds like the Rowdies vs. Alde could be a testy one!

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders tie 1-1 again. That's three in a row. Accident on Pitt bridge cost us our warm-up and had to start with a makeshift lineup and backup keeper. Tri city pounced early and went up 1-0 inside of 10 min before our keeper showed and got our regular lineup together. The game was worthy of a draw. Reffing was brutal both ways and lots of frustration with mystery calls. 4 games in and still without a loss.

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benders 3-1 Langley sent .. was a closer game then .The score suggests. benders got one in the last 30 seconds on a counter to ice it .. was probably best all around team we have faced in the div .. we were unlucky not to tie it up 2-2 half way through second half ..pretty sure the cross bar is dented. but it is what it is ..

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 3-4 Poco Rockets. We are going to have to learn how to come out of the gates better. Poco started with ten guys and scored inside of 5 minutes on a nice header. We quickly replied with a header of our own. They got their 11th guy about 20 min in and we potted another before half. 2-1 at half. Again Poco scored early in the half to tie it up and then went ahead before we tied it at 3. They scored the winner at about the 80th min and we couldn't answer it. Even game throughout. If the rain doesn't cancel us, it's onto the rowdies next week. Been looking forward to this one against some of my old mates.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of 3A banter and not much about 3B.

So far 3B seems to have a lot of parity. Most teams look like they could win or lose on any given day.

Should make for an interesting battle at the top and bottom of the table come year end.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack was a solid team and moves the ball well.

Aldergrove plays really physical and also moves the ball well. As XYZ pointed out, they have one guy who grabs pulls and goes studs up on nearly every tackle. With a proper referee he would have seen a second yellow at some point, or maybe even a straight red. This was their CB, not sure if it was #10 or not.

Vault is Vault. Unfortunately our game was abandoned due to the city turning the lights out, but I'm sure it would have continued on as a defensive battle. Both teams seemed to be lacking any cutting edge in the final third.

LOP has skill, ability and some size. But they let their mouth's a temper get the best of them.

Langley worked hard and seemed to be the weakest of the lot so far. Then again, they've got 3 wins already so they can't be that bad.

xyz

Feb 27, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great updates all!

We (Chwk) play ND 91'ers at home today, 6 pm.

I hope to have a recap posted sometime Monday! It may or may not be biased.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove plays really physical and also moves the ball well.
Beat them 4-3 Friday night, one of the worst and whiniest teams I have ever played. Every play, every tackle every call warranted a player on the field and someone on the sideline crying. 2 reds handed out to their sideline for crying at the ref, 1 to their goalie at the end of the game. If anyone on TTP is from that squad I suggest they grow up and realize they are playing Div.3 soccer. Ref started making phantom calls against them because they cried so much he got tired of their crap. It was a gong show to watch on the field

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref started making phantom calls against them because they cried so much he got tired of their crap. It was a gong show to watch on the field

Surely you aren't suggesting an FVSL ref would be anything but completely neutral and professional?

xyz

Feb 27, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chwk v. ND 91'ers: tied 2-2.

I don't think either team lived up to its potential. We had glimpses to start each half, but faded as time went on; vice-versa for ND.

We went ahead early in each half. Cheers to ND for responding each time. They got equalized the last time with about 2 minutes of stoppage to go.

We have a few guys that always get caught up in heated moments. They beefed with ND #15 & #2 specifically.

I've refereed, and remember how futile it is to please everyone. Something i'd appreciate in men's league is yellow carding people early. Warnings don't seem to carry much impact in our division. It's annoying that most of the games deteriorate to chatter & shenanigans.

We are guilty ourselves as a team. Card-happy refs for a change would make me happy :D

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to thank PMO Gunners for showing us how a good div 3 team plays. We had, by far, our worst outing of the season giving the ball away all over the pitch and losing confidence quickly. The Gunners destroyed us on corners and could of easily had four or five just off corners. I thought that a 4-0 scoreline was flattering for us with how poorly we played. That being said, I think if we played as well as we can, and have earlier in the season, we would have given them a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0