Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3&4] March 2007 - Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is my first post this season, and there can't be more to follow, but this weekend the Royals enjoyed a win finally worth talking about.

Royals vs. Cloverdale Rowdies - South Park (a rare grass field)

We started the game as usual - with 9 players. Surprisingly we had majority of posession and chances in the first half. We had a tenth man show up with about 10 to go in the first but the ref insisted we wait until half.

We picked up a goal in the second half. A quick move and a lefty curled in from the right wing, outside the penalty area. An exciting goal for our newest and least experienced player.

We held it together. Fatigue was showing near the end. We got beat on the counter attack, our keeper got chipped but a defender followed it close and cleared it from the line to secure a 1-0 win for the Royals.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Any news on this weekends games? Did Abby finally finish a game with GEU? Please tell me GEU won :)

Well youprobably already saw the score...but I'll say it anyway, we won. Abby 3 GEU 1.

Bring on the Royals. Somebody remind the ref to show this time.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won by forfeit this weekend, fcuking hate getting a call an hour before a Saturday night saying the other teams coach wants to forfeit. I'm sure we would have won anyway, but we have like 4 forfeit wins this year, which means we've played like 10 games. Yippee.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just announced, Westcoast SC Vs Whalley Strikers, Sunday 2 PM @ AHP Matthews. Looking outside though I'm pretty sure it will be cancelled and we'll go a month without playing or training.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 7 - GEU 0. They had 4 players until about 5 minutes before game time when 7 more showed up. Probably should have been a more severe beating considering we had 5 subs, but we'll take it. Looking forward to next week.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

I hope you guys are planning on bringing your 'A' game. You don't side to excited to play us. I can assure you the feeling is not mutual if that's the case. I think I speak for the rest of my teammates when i say we are looking forward to another 'good' football match. After all the forfiets and blowouts and teams showing up ten minutes after the whistle, Div 2 and next season couldn't come sooner.

By the by, anyone know why the FVSL site has us down for a loss for yesterday 'game'? Amatuerish at best:rolleyes: .

For the record Storm-lots of goals (7 I think), Miners- none.

Cheers, Storm8

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strom Div2 doesn't get much better, teams still show up right before or just after kickoff, but I don't think you'll blow as many teams out, who knows what next year brings??

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll definitely be bringing a game, hopefully it's good. We haven't trained in a while and it was ugly yesterday, we're kind of looking ahead to the May long weekend tourney and D2 next year. That being said, we never ever come to a game uninterested, especially when it's against the only team to beat us.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Strom Div2 doesn't get much better, teams still show up right before or just after kickoff, but I don't think you'll blow as many teams out, who knows what next year brings??

KH,

Fair enough. We are certainly not expecting any 14-1 wins or even 6-0 for that matter. We do expect to see better players each and every though. We'll most likely keep doing what we have been made fun of for numerous times though (eg. showing up 45mins to and hour before game time and preparing well). Routine has done us well this year.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
KH,

Fair enough. We are certainly not expecting any 14-1 wins or even 6-0 for that matter. We do expect to see better players each and every though. We'll most likely keep doing what we have been made fun of for numerous times though (eg. showing up 45mins to and hour before game time and preparing well). Routine has done us well this year.

Cheers, Storm8

I agree, nothing makes me want to run up the score more than a team that shows up 5 minutes before the game.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree witht the two of you guys, we had a couple teams show up late and or not have enough players. Lay the boots to them I say.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You kind of fell bad when they're short players, but really you should beat them bad as hopefully it will piss the guys off enough to go after their teamates to show up. One thing I miss about D1 was you never had this problem (GN not included).

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding Stallion, I do feel bad for the guys that are at the game. we played Coquitalma Ajax and they had like nine men to start the game one guy got hurt and one guy just walked off the pitch and qave up, his team amets wanted to kill him. I felt bad for the guys that played the full 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0