Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3&4] March 2007 - Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey storm8,

i think we're playing with a roster of 25+ as we always do in summer... but we still sometimes end up with only 9 to some games... good weather and people are off doing other things...

however, it does lead to shorter playing time the days that everyone shows... goal is for everyone to play equal time (days they are there) so...

hey stall... you coming to the exhibition on sunday? see you there...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey storm8,

i think we're playing with a roster of 25+ as we always do in summer... but we still sometimes end up with only 9 to some games... good weather and people are off doing other things...

however, it does lead to shorter playing time the days that everyone shows... goal is for everyone to play equal time (days they are there) so...

As much as I'd like to come to the game, me and Storm8 have some unfinished business to take care of at 6, then it's a quick dash to Cloverdale Station to finish the Canuck game and drink copius amounts of beer (win or lose), Storm8, you should get the Abby guys to come for a few. Reverend, I will be there next week though.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I'd like to come to the game, me and Storm8 have some unfinished business to take care of at 6, then it's a quick dash to Cloverdale Station to finish the Canuck game and drink copius amounts of beer (win or lose), Storm8, you should get the Abby guys to come for a few. Reverend, I will be there next week though.

Stallion,

That sounds like a mighty decent offer. I round up a few of the boys then. Where's Clover Station? No 10?

Cheers, Storm8

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey storm8,

So you saying you want me to come when you have 9 players;) ? Anyway, if you know any teams looking for a players i would like to get some game time in this summer. Please pass my contact info on profit_tc@hotmail.com

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

That sounds like a mighty decent offer. I round up a few of the boys then. Where's Clover Station? No 10?

Cheers, Storm8

It's on 176A and like 59th Ave. If you're going down 60th turn right after 7-11 and follow it all the way to the pub. I'm not sure how packed it's going to be for the game, but we're going anyway.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And for the game review, it was a very hard fought game, chances on both sides with neither team having the finish to put themselves ahead. Game ended 0-0, and on to overtime we went. First 15 was scoreless, we go down a man due to a second yellow, then with about 7 to go a handball in the box gives us a spot kick. At this time half the lights go off (on the other end) so we score the kick, cheer and go back to center. Then the rest of the lights go off. You can't see a frickin thing but we proceed to to play anyway, with no one being ablt to see what's going on. We go in to defend mode being down a man, and our keeper makes some huge saves (I think, couldn't see) and they tie it with about 3 to go. Game ends 1-1, they start to decide about shootout, and figure it's too dark. Here's my question, if they're rescheduling the shootout (which they said they were), shouldn't they start from when the lights went out? Either way, it sucks to have to keep this thing going, we're clearly very evenly matched, split the purse and move on to next year.

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is bizarre....you should have had the shootout at the Pub that night...how long can this go on. ?......i can see evryone showing up just for a shootout with coolers and jeans on except for the shooters and the keeps....i would say team with hottest girlfriends wins.....by the time FVSL reschedules this it will be Aug ....

Congrats to both teams and you guys kicked major ass in 3 C this year .

Another tie breaker would be to see which team can steal a beer off of The Reverend first...this may take awhile and result in many injuries....great scene to watch though..!

Rock On Guitarman !

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is bizarre....you should have had the shootout at the Pub that night...how long can this go on. ?......i can see evryone showing up just for a shootout with coolers and jeans on except for the shooters and the keeps....i would say team with hottest girlfriends wins.....by the time FVSL reschedules this it will be Aug ....

Congrats to both teams and you guys kicked major ass in 3 C this year .

Another tie breaker would be to see which team can steal a beer off of The Reverend first...this may take awhile and result in many injuries....great scene to watch though..!

Rock On Guitarman !

Was hoping to have drinking contests to settle it but we were drinking alone. Probably can't steal one, but may be able to drink one faster :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking from the outside in this must look like a burn. Quite the honour no doubt.:D

No doubt, it was a hard season :rolleyes:, only allowing 7 goals, can't wait for next year, we've already added another stud on D, goals against us will be very hard to come by.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me start by saying something I thought I would never hear in my life, let alone say myself, those boys from Whalley are a classy bunch. Hard fought match (all three of them!), they move the ball pretty well when they have it, they're clean tacklers, physical footballers and great defenders. They definetly made playing in Div 3 worthwhile. Full marks boys.

To my teammates, what can I say (contrary to what Girth may think) losing only 1 game in 16 in any league is an accomplishment. Great year boys!

Unfortunately, I hate to be the one to say this Stallion and Whalley, but I have heard that our coaches are putting in an appeal to have us take the title based on our Goals For record for the season. I think this is absolute shite. Both teams have had ample opportunity to put this thing in the bag. I would be embarrassed to say we won the title on a technicality. In my opinion there are only two reasonable ways to settle this things:

1. We split the pot as co-winners
2. We replay the entire match.

If we do go with option 2, I hope that the FVSL will be a little more on the ball and let the city know that a game is being played that could very well go into OT and past the time when the lights are normally turned off. Last night was absolute bullshit. Both teams fought extremely hard to win that game and someone deserved a chance to win it. If this thing gets decided by a shootout 2 weeks after the fact...Well, I won't even say it:rolleyes: .

Good luck to Whalley with whatever decision is made and best of luck in Div 2 boys. And thanks again to my Storm teammates for a great season.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me start by saying something I thought I would never hear in my life, let alone say myself, those boys from Whalley are a classy bunch. Hard fought match (all three of them!), they move the ball pretty well when they have it, they're clean tacklers, physical footballers and great defenders. They definetly made playing in Div 3 worthwhile. Full marks boys.

To my teammates, what can I say (contrary to what Girth may think) losing only 1 game in 16 in any league is an accomplishment. Great year boys!

Unfortunately, I hate to be the one to say this Stallion and Whalley, but I have heard that our coaches are putting in an appeal to have us take the title based on our Goals For record for the season. I think this is absolute shite. Both teams have had ample opportunity to put this thing in the bag. I would be embarrassed to say we won the title on a technicality. In my opinion there are only two reasonable ways to settle this things:

1. We split the pot as co-winners
2. We replay the entire match.

If we do go with option 2, I hope that the FVSL will be a little more on the ball and let the city know that a game is being played that could very well go into OT and past the time when the lights are normally turned off. Last night was absolute bullshit. Both teams fought extremely hard to win that game and someone deserved a chance to win it. If this thing gets decided by a shootout 2 weeks after the fact...Well, I won't even say it:rolleyes: .

Good luck to Whalley with whatever decision is made and best of luck in Div 2 boys. And thanks again to my Storm teammates for a great season.

Cheers, Storm8

Exactly what you said Storm8, easily the most enjoyable games this year, even with a loss, but that is BS what your coach is doing, maybe we should appeal as we only let in 7 goals? I say split the pot as co-winners, summer league starts next week I think so it's already far to late, although I definitely would like to play you guys again. Really hope we're in the same grouping next year as it's great to play against as physical a team as us without having to worry about the cheap shite. Well done to both Storm and Strikers.

bcheartsfan

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As coach of the Abbotsford Storm, it is my responsibility to represent our club and team. I agree the games between us and Whalley have been closely contested, yet nothing has been decided. After Sunday's game the league president asked me to submit other ideas because i didn't see it as reasonable for 10 players to take time off work and/or drive 30 minutes to Cloverdale to take a shot each (maybe only 5). One option was, and is, to share the Cup as suggested in this post. That has never been done before. As Aaron (Storm8) stated, one of the options was to refer to league statistics goals for (us), goals against (Whalley), and goal differential (us). The MSL, and many other leagues, refer to league season goal differential to break ties if teams are still tied after head to head. Storm8 had to leave right away and missed much of our team's discussions. Another suggestion that I submitted to the league was flipping a coin; Canada won the Gold Cup a few years back when this solution was used. Any way you look at it, it is still a league decision now. Whatever the decision both teams played (and fought) hard and that is why both teams are the best in Div3. I'm looking forward to next year's rematch (hopefully) with Whalley Strikers in Div2. Both teams step up to meet the challenges, look out Div 2 Whalley ball and the Storm are coming through!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As coach of the Abbotsford Storm, it is my responsibility to represent our club and team. I agree the games between us and Whalley have been closely contested, yet nothing has been decided. After Sunday's game the league president asked me to submit other ideas because i didn't see it as reasonable for 10 players to take time off work and/or drive 30 minutes to Cloverdale to take a shot each (maybe only 5). One option was, and is, to share the Cup as suggested in this post. That has never been done before. As Aaron (Storm8) stated, one of the options was to refer to league statistics goals for (us), goals against (Whalley), and goal differential (us). The MSL, and many other leagues, refer to league season goal differential to break ties if teams are still tied after head to head. Storm8 had to leave right away and missed much of our team's discussions. Another suggestion that I submitted to the league was flipping a coin; Canada won the Gold Cup a few years back when this solution was used. Any way you look at it, it is still a league decision now. Whatever the decision both teams played (and fought) hard and that is why both teams are the best in Div3. I'm looking forward to next year's rematch (hopefully) with Whalley Strikers in Div2. Both teams step up to meet the challenges, look out Div 2 Whalley ball and the Storm are coming through!

Makes sense, travel sucks, and it really is stupid to have this keep going on (UEFA style away goals :D). I also love that someone other than us referred to Whalleyball :D See you next year :wa:

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about him, but I certainly haven't heard anything. Nothing like a quick reply on who gets the trophy.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
After an email from my coach, the news is finally in. We share the trophy and the "prize" money. Great seaon by both teams. Good luck next year guys.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard that too, stoked about beer money for the island, can't wait to play you next year, or at least an exhibition to get some quality games in before the start of the season.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, the guys will probably be up for that. I'm not sure whether or not I will be returning next year. Might take a year off to focus on school and work. Don't know if I will be able to do it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0