Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3&4] March 2007 - Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
I was just wondering, what does first place actually mean in a Div where the top 2 teams are promoted? (Other than pride)

Stallion,
Did you really ask that question? You answered it correctly anyway.

Storm 4, Royals 1....looks like we have one more to play. Stallion, are you guys willing to play midweek? Our coach says the league has said the game must be played between Friday and Monday of next weekend. being easter weekend I wonder if you guys are willing and we are if we could convince FVSL to let us play earlier? Do we really need to drag this thing out until the weekend? Finally, i hope the league does the right thing and gives us a neutral site, preferrably grass to play this game at.

Cheers, Storm8

Based on the snow today, I'm thinking grass is probably out, and I've seen a lot of ball players on the fields so I think we're doomed for turf anyway. If possible Langley is probably the most inbetween field for both of us, although I don't know how hard to book that field is. I'm pretty sure midweek is out for us, as we can't get guys to practice midweek anymore, as they all scheduled to have their night shifts when the season was supposed to be over. I guess we'll hear soon about when the rubber match is, I'll post it here as soon as I know. Enjoy the blizzard out there in Abby :)

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the snow today, I'm thinking grass is probably out, and I've seen a lot of ball players on the fields so I think we're doomed for turf anyway. If possible Langley is probably the most inbetween field for both of us, although I don't know how hard to book that field is. I'm pretty sure midweek is out for us, as we can't get guys to practice midweek anymore, as they all scheduled to have their night shifts when the season was supposed to be over. I guess we'll hear soon about when the rubber match is, I'll post it here as soon as I know. Enjoy the blizzard out there in Abby :)

Fair enough. Yeah, what's up with this snow...is it bloody December!?:eek:
I think Langley might be a good neutral site. Langley would be great for me because that's actually where I live;) . However, if it rains (like the forecast says) they have NO drainage on that field so i think we may end up at SSAP or CAP or some place like that. Anyway, looking forward to getting it done. It's been a looooooong season.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough. Yeah, what's up with this snow...is it bloody December!?:eek:
I think Langley might be a good neutral site. Langley would be great for me because that's actually where I live;) . However, if it rains (like the forecast says) they have NO drainage on that field so i think we may end up at SSAP or CAP or some place like that. Anyway, looking forward to getting it done. It's been a looooooong season.

Cheers, Storm8

CAP would be nice too as I'm inbetween there and Langley. Plus it's a great turf field (with drainage) and change rooms. Agreed on just getting it done, I'm ready for summer league now :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley Strikers Vs. Abbotsford Storm - Sunday, April 15, 6 PM @ Cloverdale Athletic Park Turf #1

The battle for first has been scheduled. Was really stoked about it until I now realize it's the day after my stag. We're going to be in for a long night, although word on the street is your top scorer went and got himself suspended, so that helps. Thankfully the games at night so I should be done throwing up by then :)

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed on the Abby team site you have the 8th down? We were just told the 15th today :confused:

Yeah that's what we've been told (april 8). If we have to wait to the 15th to play this game I would almost rather forfiet!!! I think it is fcuking ridiculous that we are being forced to play on Easter Sunday. I am sure I'm not the only one with family plans. I don't understand why the league won't let us get this bloody game over with...Stallion talk to your coach and I'll talk to mine...we should play this things on Friday or even Saturday and get it over with. Hell, we should have played it on Sunday last week!

KH, Thanks for the invite. But until this game is played I will post in Div 3.

Finally, congrats to all the cup winners.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah that's what we've been told (april 8). If we have to wait to the 15th to play this game I would almost rather forfiet!!! I think it is fcuking ridiculous that we are being forced to play on Easter Sunday. I am sure I'm not the only one with family plans. I don't understand why the league won't let us get this bloody game over with...Stallion talk to your coach and I'll talk to mine...we should play this things on Friday or even Saturday and get it over with. Hell, we should have played it on Sunday last week!

KH, Thanks for the invite. But until this game is played I will post in Div 3.

Finally, congrats to all the cup winners.

Cheers, Storm8

I agree, especially with my stag that weekend, I want it over ASAP, although both my coaches are out of town this weekend, and yes, tons of family plans throughout the team too. Would definitely like to get it over with before next weekend, I would like more than a 2 week break before summer league starts. Could we have played last week, you guys would have went for the double header?

KH, ditto what Storm said, can't wait to post up there though, it's getting boring either posting to myself or Storm8 :D

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, especially with my stag that weekend, I want it over ASAP, although both my coaches are out of town this weekend, and yes, tons of family plans throughout the team too. Would definitely like to get it over with before next weekend, I would like more than a 2 week break before summer league starts. Could we have played last week, you guys would have went for the double header?

KH, ditto what Storm said, can't wait to post up there though, it's getting boring either posting to myself or Storm8 :D

I would have gladly played a double header! Somebody dropped the ball there me thinks:rolleyes: . I just read an email from our coach saying there is an email floating around that says we are playing on April 15...will someone please clear this up!!! Do the FVSL brass bother to read Div 3 posts? Come on guys...make a decision.

I would be more than happy to 'take the piss' more often Stallion;) . however my mouth is shut until we take the title:wa: .

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would be more than happy to 'take the piss' more often Stallion;) . however my mouth is shut until we take the title:wa: .

Cheers, Storm8

Well you guys have a much better shot if it's on the 15th, although we've beat you once being hung over so we'll try and do it again :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kind of odd question here, how come your guys (Abby) star player now has 4 yellow cards and has yet to sit a game? He's picked up 3 in the last 3 games, and had 4 for the last 2 discipline meetings but hasn't been on the suspended list yet. Does that mean he's missing the game against us?

bcheartsfan

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
he was scheduled to sit out versus Gobind. they forfeited and that counts as a game played. according to discipline chair, he was, and is, good to continue playing.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
he was scheduled to sit out versus Gobind. they forfeited and that counts as a game played. according to discipline chair, he was, and is, good to continue playing.

Should be a full squad for both teams then? Much better that way, now if I can just find a way to not play like shite for the first hour......

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stal,
I hear you are going to play with us for summer. Is that true? I guess you want a tast of what it is to play for a decent team. As long as you run back to your team for the real season I don't mind. I hope to see you in D2 so we can beat you again.

See you in a few weeks at our first game.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stal,
I hear you are going to play with us for summer. Is that true? I guess you want a tast of what it is to play for a decent team. As long as you run back to your team for the real season I don't mind. I hope to see you in D2 so we can beat you again.

See you in a few weeks at our first game.

Alas, it is true, me and a buddy are with you guys for summer. It was actually more wanting a taste of what it's like to not win every game, just in case it happens in D2 :D

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alas, it is true, me and a buddy are with you guys for summer. It was actually more wanting a taste of what it's like to not win every game, just in case it happens in D2 :D

hey Stallion,

I am looking for a team to play with this summer in the Langley/Surrey area. Is this team you are playing with looking for more guys? Let me know.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Stallion,

I am looking for a team to play with this summer in the Langley/Surrey area. Is this team you are playing with looking for more guys? Let me know.

Cheers, Storm8

I believe we have like 30 signed (what I've been told) but I haven't went to any training or anything yet, so I'm not sure. I'll definitely ask, and you could always post in the summer league threads as I'm sure some teams need some players, as I know the Langley league was looking for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0