Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and banter - Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the 4 Div 3 teams, I give only 1 a serious shot at making it past the next round. That's Abbotsford Storm, but they're up against a team that is always mid pack, but has always done well in cup round. It'll be a really tough for the other 3. My predictions:
Abbotsford Storm 2 vs North Delta Titans 1 (maybe shoot out)
Langley Krank'd 0 vs Port Moody Lions 3
Langley Chaos 0 vs Port Moody Magpies 6 (mags have improved)
North Coquitlam Utd 3 vs Westcoast SC 2 (maybe shoot out)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually give Westcoast a good shot, unless I'm confused about NCU. I remember beating them last year and unless they've added some players I can see Westcoast taking it. I also don't think Abby's going to need a shootout against the Titans. Good luck Krank'd, the Lions are fast, back line is shaky though, there mids are their game, mark them out of the game and you should be allright.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
...there mids are their game, mark them out of the game and you should be allright.

And if Johnny's on, he's a very good keeper... just don't let his kit mesmerize you..... it's a blinder ... looks like a halloween costume!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno, I know some guys want to play, but not sure if the coaches are into it, they do a lot of their work in the summer so they don't really have the time. I definitely want to play though.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked the FVSL website, Abby - Whalley tonight has been postponed. Good for me, not so good for our best player as he most likely will be missing the next time which I think is Newton next Thursday at 8.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

I just heard from our coach as well that the game tonite is cancelled. We are honestly quite pleased with this for obvious reasons. Another tough match with you guys isn't what we need before what should be our toughest test to date on Sunday. Appreciate the vote of confidence. Enjoy the concert.

Good luck to Krank'd as well this weekend. See Robj, I'm not all that bad.

Cheers, Storm8

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Boys,

does anyone know who wins the Div in result of a tie in PTs. Is it head to head or goal differential ? I hear different stories.

Thx Guitarman

PS Stallion enjoy your Vanilla Ice show tonight.....you are too soft for Wolfmother ! Ha ha

PPS have Rob J and Storm made up ? Hmmmm..

Go Leafs Go !

PPPS Cartuzzi i cant believe you said it was a good game vs Aldergrove....we sucked but luckily stole a victory.....its like when the Canucks play St Louis or Chicago .....!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too soft for Wolfmother? Then I probably should have skipped Tenacious D on Tuesday too eh? See my face, that's not soft :) It's a good thing you're retiring, I would have had to show you soft :)

Not sure about the tie thing, I would assume head-to-head first. Does it really matter as you pretty much have promotion locked as it's top 2 that move up.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
Stallion,

I just heard from our coach as well that the game tonite is cancelled. We are honestly quite pleased with this for obvious reasons. Another tough match with you guys isn't what we need before what should be our toughest test to date on Sunday. Appreciate the vote of confidence. Enjoy the concert.

Cheers, Storm8

Very pleased as well, good luck all.

VancouverRoyal

Feb 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it looks like Gobind has been tossed from the league, I can only assume that cause their remaining games are forfeited. Nice of the league to inform the opposing teams so far in advance to make other plans.
But the standings still show us with a 0-0 tie, I hope we get the win as we wanted to continue to play and would've won, it was their attack of the ref that ended the game, nothing we did! Why should the next 2 teams get a 1-0 game and not us?

Stallion: Its too bad your squad didn't get to play Gobind, your teams physical play would've put them in their place, or caused an outright brawl, I would've paid to watch that!

RDM: Sorry to hear we weren't the only team that had a problem with this team, they are a disgrace to the league!

robj: The ref was a young white guy with black hair, probably mid thirties (young by standards of what we usually get, he kept up with play, didn't stand at half and call the game from there). Nobody should've been frustrated with his calls, they should've been frustrated with their own play! But you are right they will probably return next year with a different team name.

TheRob: You must have played a different team then we did, or at least the worst offenders must have missed your game, the bad apples sure showed up to our game, i mean they could have 30 guys registered and show up with a different 11 guys to different games

Anyhow only 3 games left in the season for us against:
Golden Ears Miners, we should beat this team!
Cloverdale Rowdies, we already beat this team, will do it again!
Abbotsford Storm, i think we can make it respectable this time!

Good luck to all for the remainder of the season!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:

Cheers, Storm8

Hey I never said you were. I love competitiveness. After all this is TTP.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
VancouverRoyal said:
robj: The ref was a young white guy with black hair, probably mid thirties (young by standards of what we usually get, he kept up with play, didn't stand at half and call the game from there). Nobody should've been frustrated with his calls, they should've been frustrated with their own play! But you are right they will probably return next year with a different team name.

QUOTE]

His name should be at the bottom of the list. I am curious if I know this ref. Can you please tell us who it is?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VancouverRoyal said:
.... Nice of the league to inform the opposing teams so far in advance to make other plans.
I hope this wasn't sarcasm! The executive have lives as well, and they did this in due course. Had there been an overnight storm and the field was flooded, there would be less notice.

VancouverRoyal said:
But the standings still show us with a 0-0 tie, I hope we get the win as we wanted to continue to play and would've won, it was their attack of the ref that ended the game, nothing we did! Why should the next 2 teams get a 1-0 game and not us?
So because the game was abandoned, but enough time to call it a completed game, you figure you should get points even though you didn't win? You guys should have insured the win by putting the ball in the net...

VancouverRoyal said:
...they will probably return next year with a different team name.
Nothing wrong with that... why blame the whole team for the actions of a few. The 3 or 4 that were the ring leaders are going to BC Soccer for discipline, and likely will face a lifetime ban. I've played on teams with some loose cannons, I'd hate to be banned from playing the rest of my life at 19 or so just because of them... Cut some of these guys some slack. I'm sure the rest of them will be on file and will be disciplined more severly if anything happens with a team they're on.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm pretty sure you'll get the win, as I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a rematch. It doesn't really matter though as you guys can't be relegated and Abby and us have clinched promotion.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
What we all really want to know is how was Wolfmother?

If you really want to know, it was awesome, I can see why they hold the title of best live band. It was crazy, sounded like the CD but better. Would go every time they're here. Super talented and can't wait for them to come back. Tenacious D was great, but Wolfmother blew them out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0