Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and banter - Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Well I'm pretty sure you'll get the win, as I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a rematch. It doesn't really matter though as you guys can't be relegated and Abby and us have clinched promotion.
Possible. In abandoned games they usually add the remaining time to the next game, or if there is no next game, and the game went into the second half, then it's considered a completed game. Had it not gone this long, it would be necessary to replay it, and since they've been tossed, then you'd likely get a forfeit. But that didn't happen. The team causing the abandonment could be stripped of points, but the yellow pages says nothing of awarding points to the other team. Having said that.... it's all up to the executive.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 6/8, no game report on this weekend's game? Interested to hear about it. No idea when our rematch is, the time we've been told isn't on the website yet, and it show's you guys have a 6 pointer vs GEU, and then another game the next week. I think we'll be playing you after about a month of nothing. That sucks.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
It's the new turf field right by where the BC Lions train, one of the nicest areas in Whalley :rolleyes:
eye sea..... and that's at the corner of ? and ?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
106 Ave and City Parkway (135 Street)

I suppose you'll be coming to watch after wanting to know where it is so bad :)

Not likely.... we play there in two weeks.... on the other hand, I may just check out how yer heed is coming along after yer girl purse-whipped yer face for not taking her out on your birthday... :eek:

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

We lost 2-0. Apologies for the late report, I'm sure you've seen the score at FVSL website. Anyway, we played well but not well enough to win. I know this sounds obvious but let me explain.

We have had two or three games that I can think of this year that matched the intensity of our game against ND Titans. In only one of those games did we play a team that match up with us man for man. That was you guys (Whalley). In the end I feel like we could not match their intensity for 90 minutes.

ND came right at us right out of the gate. They move the ball well, they have a solid back four, and they kept their composure when we counterattacked. Their a good team and they deserved the win. I look forward to playing them next year. Actually, I took it as an extreme compliment when one of there guys said "see you in Div 2" after the game. Assuming of course that they thought it was a good game and they see what we bring to the table for Div 2.

Nonetheless, we were extremely disappointed not to win and felt if we had got a goal to answer their first we could have taken the game. Full marks to ND Titans. Best of luck in R4.

Our goal now is to win out the season and win Div 3. With that said, looking forward to March 25 Stallion (as I'm sure you are too;) ).

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Not likely.... we play there in two weeks.... on the other hand, I may just check out how yer heed is coming along after yer girl purse-whipped yer face for not taking her out on your birthday... :eek:

How did you know I didn't take her out? :eek:

Storm8, you're right I can't wait, I just hope our guys are prepared, as we also want to win D3. Go GEU!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
Stallion,

We lost 2-0. Apologies for the late report, I'm sure you've seen the score at FVSL website. Anyway, we played well but not well enough to win. I know this sounds obvious but let me explain.

We have had two or three games that I can think of this year that matched the intensity of our game against ND Titans. In only one of those games did we play a team that match up with us man for man. That was you guys (Whalley). In the end I feel like we could not match their intensity for 90 minutes.

ND came right at us right out of the gate. They move the ball well, they have a solid back four, and they kept their composure when we counterattacked. Their a good team and they deserved the win. I look forward to playing them next year. Actually, I took it as an extreme compliment when one of there guys said "see you in Div 2" after the game. Assuming of course that they thought it was a good game and they see what we bring to the table for Div 2.

Nonetheless, we were extremely disappointed not to win and felt if we had got a goal to answer their first we could have taken the game. Full marks to ND Titans. Best of luck in R4.

Our goal now is to win out the season and win Div 3. With that said, looking forward to March 25 Stallion (as I'm sure you are too;) ).

Cheers, Storm8

Well it if can't match there game for 90 minutes better hope you don't end up in 2a because Titans are not that good and the top teams in that side will run all over you then.

hope for 2c

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Well it if can't match there game for 90 minutes better hope you don't end up in 2a because Titans are not that good and the top teams in that side will run all over you then.

hope for 2c
Ya.... we need a team we can beat up on... I thik 2A (and I don't think I'm alone here) is the weak group this year. In the Knights cup, there's 2 from A, 2 from B and 4 from C. Which will next be 1 from B, 1 from A, and 2 from C... and the only reason it won't be more from C is due to the DFC in B. A will get to the next round because one of them HAS to, due to them playing each other, and one must go through.

Both teams got bye's in the first round, then played teams who were well below average in 3rd div. Then played good, but still Div 3 teams just to get where they are now.... tough road. Thier top team Alderditch got CRUSHED by a below average div 3 team, and the Rams lost to a group C team...

I don't think a spot in 2A will be a problem for any div 3 team... Hey, but I'm all in favor of having them in 2C, after all, we'll be keen to get that automatic 6 points ... and maybe some beer bets on the side :wa:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Damn, I knew something was up. Better hope we're not in your group next year :)
No prob.... she said she wouldn't bitch slap me like she did you :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Ya.... we need a team we can beat up on... I thik 2A (and I don't think I'm alone here) is the weak group this year. In the Knights cup, there's 2 from A, 2 from B and 4 from C. Which will next be 1 from B, 1 from A, and 2 from C... and the only reason it won't be more from C is due to the DFC in B. A will get to the next round because one of them HAS to, due to them playing each other, and one must go through.

Both teams got bye's in the first round, then played teams who were well below average in 3rd div. Then played good, but still Div 3 teams just to get where they are now.... tough road. Thier top team Alderditch got CRUSHED by a below average div 3 team, and the Rams lost to a group C team...

I don't think a spot in 2A will be a problem for any div 3 team... Hey, but I'm all in favor of having them in 2C, after all, we'll be keen to get that automatic 6 points ... and maybe some beer bets on the side :wa:

Well having played in Div2c for the last three season I feel out of the teams that I have seem in 2a its much stronger then 2c. There are three teams in Div 2c that are good and there are 4 in 2a. Yes the Rams lost to ABCDEFG (good young sqaud) but then you lost to the Nationals (a team that is HORRIABLE) I watched them play two weeks ago for a while in Delta against GEU titans and my god this team is bad.......how is it possiable you guys lost to these guys.

2A also has the past two Knight cup winners in the group (Both Delta's)

If Abby lost to the Titans 2-0 and going by his report got outplayed, I can bet that we would handle them quite easy as well as Coquitlam and Aldergrove.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Well having played in Div2c for the last three season I feel out of the teams that I have seem in 2a its much stronger then 2c.
You're judging this years 2A with years past 2C... good for you.

The Franchise said:
There are three teams in Div 2c that are good and there are 4 in 2a.
There are 4 teams in 2C that would be top 4 in 2 A this year.

The Franchise said:
Yes the Rams lost to ABCDEFG (good young sqaud) but then you lost to the Nationals (a team that is HORRIABLE) I watched them play two weeks ago for a while in Delta against GEU titans and my god this team is bad.......how is it possiable you guys lost to these guys.
No question about that... we played awful, which is typical of us in playoffs... we lost to Poco the previous year, and they were in last. Yet we won the league with only 1 loss in the first game of that season, We've also only lost once this year, and that to the top team, but lost the playoff.... no explanation other than we suck in playoff. ND Titans excell in playoff, but suck through the reg. season.

The Franchise said:
2A also has the past two Knight cup winners in the group (Both Delta's)
Yup... but suck during the season... But I agree, if that's you're objective to win the cup, then fine, but the league and promotion should be the main objective, don't you think?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:

Can guarantee we won't be an automatic 6 points, and most of the time I'm right on those (did say we'd walk through D3 this year). Definitely looking forward to it.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are 4 teams in 2C that would be top 4 in 2 A this year.

I agree with you expect for this comment, if your including the Celtic and Port Moody Lions thats a funny joke.

I will give you Arsenal but nobody else. Aldergrove is better then Celtic and I promise you the Rams would give you a run for your money as well.

North Coquitlam (second place 2a) I haven't seen play but we beat them 4-0 so I will see them in two weeks for the rematch

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

hope for 2c

What I said was we DIDN'T match their intensity because we have not been challenged week in and out like they are. Aside from myself, we are a young team with lots of potential. Be sure we will add player or two to shore up the team in the off season. We'll be fine and we will enjoy stiff competition each week. Looking forward to a game against the Rams.

Cheers, Storm8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0