Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div. 3] Results and Banter - Sept. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The_Reverend said:
actually, based on shots, i'd say 4-5x more...;) , just remember - knee over the ball to keep it below 30feet...:)

of course, i think we are already close to half our entire gf from last season - scoring touch is spread around nicely - don't have to rely on one person, esp when that guy should really be playing aussie rules fb - kick it through the uprights.... :)

of course, my percentage may be better, but i think i only had 4 shots... trying to fix that this season....

I noticed that, half way already, but I guess that's what happens when you get 14 in your first 2 games. I've also got the keeping it low thing down, now if I can master the 'don't kick it straight at the goalie' thing, watch out :) We can't seem to hit the net right now and it's everyone so that's kinda bad. That being said, if we start converting you'll be seeing us with those high scores too

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They've posted up to week 6 of the schedule, and I'm hoping all teams are going to be missing as many players as us for the long weekend. First game back from Hawaii is none other than GEU. Yippee, couldn't have gotten the Rowdies to ease back into it? :)

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far you guys are just following us through the schedule. We've softened up Gobind for ya, and now we have to do it with GEU? Damn. Well this weekend is PoCo Rangers. Hopefully we can take them out with as few injuries as possible and be in good shape for GEU in Week 5.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm6 said:
So far you guys are just following us through the schedule. We've softened up Gobind for ya, and now we have to do it with GEU? Damn. Well this weekend is PoCo Rangers. Hopefully we can take them out with as few injuries as possible and be in good shape for GEU in Week 5.

You figured that out too? I figure we'll be playing you either after you play the Rowdies or your bye week, although after GEU would be nice as it would make for an interesting end to the season, the projected top 3 all playing their head-to-heads at almost the end. It also lloks like the top 2 in each group get promoted, so if Franchise is right it will be us because GEU doesn't want to go up so they'll start throwing games :)

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just looking forward to playing some better teams. Don't get me wrong, I think the Krank'd will be a much better team once they start playing together more, but the other two we've played weren't much of a challenge. Can't wait to get some good games in.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm the way it looks from Ottawa my team has to start scoring some goals. I will miss the game against the tigers. How is gobind. That will be my debut. Any player to watch out for?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm6 said:
I'm just looking forward to playing some better teams. Don't get me wrong, I think the Krank'd will be a much better team once they start playing together more, but the other two we've played weren't much of a challenge. Can't wait to get some good games in.

I know what you mean, even thoguh the scorelines in our game don't show it. We should have had at least 7 goals a game, but no finish so I guess it's not all bad we're not playing tough competition :rolleyes: Hopefully we'll have that settled before our game against GEU and I think we'll play you 2 weeks after, those should be great games!

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 14 - PoCo Rangers 1... no comment. Two players with hat-tricks, our entire midfield scored, and one of our defenders scored from about 5 yards inside center (mind you it was a brilliant strike). The one goal should never have happened. Great game played on our part. Passing was bang on and we finished when we needed to Rangers need to start practicing.

Rob. Gobind has well... no... not really anyone to look out for. They have one play where they send their only fast guy on a run and chip the defense, and thats it. They caught us napping once but that was all. There is one guy in the middle who could be good if he wasn't so selfish with the ball, but to our good fortune... he is. So basically look out for the long ball and you guys should be fine.

As for the Rangers... if you don't win... try and keep it a secret for a while because thay are garbage.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
screamingbeauty3 said:
What team do you play for?

Currently know one as I am in Halifax for three months, although I am scouting out teams to join when I make my return after christmas but it won't be in div 3 thats for sure. Might make return to Geu div 1 if they are needing guys if not I will suck it up for the year and join someone just to get some runs in.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Currently know one as I am in Halifax for three months, although I am scouting out teams to join when I make my return after christmas but it won't be in div 3 thats for sure. Might make return to Geu div 1 if they are needing guys if not I will suck it up for the year and join someone just to get some runs in.

I see well good luck with that.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fahk is up with Saturday night games. Since when does div 3 play anytime but sundays. After my debut this week I will be absent next week due to other commitments.

It's the fahken turf fields I guess. Killing this game.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I'm not a fan of these night games, and whoever decided to put one of our biggest games of the year on the Thanksgiving Day weekend can go ***k themselves. This won't be a good showing for either team I'm sure as many players have previous commitments. Nothing like playing GEU shorthanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0