Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div. 3] Results and Banter - Sept. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy

Sep 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
a very exciting weekend of soccer i see,,,, some upsets and a lot of ties... but we all need to realize that the first few weeks of the season dont mean anything but points towards the finish... teams are starting out and may win others are losing and some just manage to get a tie... i watched two games this weekend the first being the poco pacific and peach arch game.. wow its started off to be a good game and then the poco side just crumbled and peach arch took advantage of that.. Poco has soem good players and a few players from peach arch also were very strong... the second game i saw was the langley and aldegrove game... two very good teams.. anyways its late but the above 4 teams i predict to be in the top four in the divisionl..... warning to every other team. Poco has a very fast team... as well as the GEU phoenix.. The peace arch doesnt have speed but seems to have talent up front .....

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good assesment That Guy but saying Peace Arch has no speed ...ok then......i know its early but despite our poor showing in the first half we have lots of deceptively fast guys........we started passing and didnt need to be running full out all the time as we used the ball......i will lets the boys in on our lack of speed at training Thurs .......I'll agree it should be a tight division.....

Thx Guitarman

PS dont count out Pegasus as they racked up 4 goals on weekend!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to go out on a limb here for ya guitarman, based on the outcome of the Poco game, it's not going to a tight division, you guys are probably going to run away with it like Ajax did last year. Someone will be almost pressing you in 2nd but won't really have a chance, IMO

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the plan, although Abby and GEU probably have something to say about that. I'm really hoping we don't play on the long weekend, did we last year? I don't want to miss 2 games in a row.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know we didn't play last Thanksgiving, but with the way the scheduling has been going to far, who knows about this year.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's true, it started to look like we were getting a schedule and then there's been nothing for over a week, although when you go to week 4 or whatever, it says updated Sept 19th. If we do play on the long weekend, I hope it's not you guys or GEU, a bunch of us are going to Hawaii so it wouldn't be a true showing of what I think are the top teams in the group.

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion

What did your buddy Scott do to get 5 games. ? ......also what is with the league only showing Preimer Goal Scorers.......I didnt know they paid more to play than other divisions........I guess the lesser talents don't deserve any recognition.....typical FVSL bullshit .......I guess compiling goal scorers is a tough task.....ok 1 goal plus 1 goal = 3 .......

Rock On -Guitarman

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guitarman said:
Hey Stallion

What did your buddy Scott do to get 5 games. ? ......also what is with the league only showing Preimer Goal Scorers.......I didnt know they paid more to play than other divisions........I guess the lesser talents don't deserve any recognition.....typical FVSL bullshit .......I guess compiling goal scorers is a tough task.....ok 1 goal plus 1 goal = 3 .......

Rock On -Guitarman

In an exhibition game he got hacked bad from behind and then kicked while he was down, got up into the guys face and they "bumped" heads, Scott deciding to try not to get in to trouble doesn't throw a punch but receives a couple which ends up giving him a 5 gamer. I'm pissed now that the other guy only got 3, WTF? He should have had at least as many if not more, the ref saw it all start to finish.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
That's the plan, although Abby and GEU probably have something to say about that. I'm really hoping we don't play on the long weekend, did we last year? I don't want to miss 2 games in a row.

Geu could win this div easy if the team felt like moving up....they will win stay in first most of the year then put there top scorer in goal near the end to miss promotion.

Miners have alot of skill, one guy at least that would make any premier team!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Geu could win this div easy if the team felt like moving up....they will win stay in first most of the year then put there top scorer in goal near the end to miss promotion.

Miners have alot of skill, one guy at least that would make any premier team!!

Yeah, well we have 2 guys that played Premier so there, I guess that means we'll win :D

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, i agree Miners have a good sidebut I remember a middle of the pack side playing a memorable match out on their turf on a rainy,windy night ina cup game and winning in penalties!!! Thanks Crazy Dave for notching the winning pk.That was a great win !!! I enjoyed playing those 2 games against them last season. Hard battles all over the park.They have some talent we just had their number on the night.Go Heat Go!!!!!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise that's bullshit and you know it. You can win a div every year if you want and still turn down promotion.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
Franchise that's bullshit and you know it. You can win a div every year if you want and still turn down promotion.

Well I love to say it's false because I don't agree with what they do.

Fact

1) there goalie is a bc player all of his life and with ease top 5 tender in the Fraser Valley

2) There goalie didn't play the last 10 games in goal but on the forward line

3) they had a midget playing in the pipes

4)Led the standings all season until about 10 games left then lost I believe 7 of 10.

Say what you will but I know 2/3 of the team and played with them most of my life, there team is stacked when they want to win.

BUT, I havent seen there team this year as I am not in the province, eager to see were there at come Christmas.

9-0 opening day win kinda shows there talent.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
That's funny.

Yeah, isn't there only 16 games, so they led for 6 games, that is quite the accomplishment. Wait till they at least play a team with some talent first, just as long as it's not us on the long weekend :)

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....THATGUY and Franchise are making this forum intelligent .........according to THATGUY we are slow and due to Poco's crumble we squeaked out an 8-2 win.......now Franchise is saying that the Miners are playing possum....i think we'll start throwing our last 14 games just to stay in Div 3....nothing like playing on a cold wet day and letting the opposition beat you all the while knowing the joke is on them.......this TTP gets more interesting everyday.......and Stallion ya well we have 4 Preimer guys on our team....so there!!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guitarman said:
Wow.....THATGUY and Franchise are making this forum intelligent .........according to THATGUY we are slow and due to Poco's crumble we squeaked out an 8-2 win.......now Franchise is saying that the Miners are playing possum....i think we'll start throwing our last 14 games just to stay in Div 3....nothing like playing on a cold wet day and letting the opposition beat you all the while knowing the joke is on them.......this TTP gets more interesting everyday.......and Stallion ya well we have 4 Preimer guys on our team....so there!!!!

Just stateing what I see the last two years, I don't play there but I find it funny how they have so much talent...lead the pack then shite the bed two straight years in the last third of the season.

Maybe I'm wrong maybe there not that good and they somehow sneak wins out in the year.:confused:

We will have to see!

guitarman

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey dont argue with the Franchise and he comes back with witty " you play for whalley " comments......like Utah says they can turn down promotion and what kind of guys would play on a team that would throw games....you are an embarassment to the Leaf jersey Franchise.....there are plenty of reasons they dont finish strong......poor chemistry , lack of fitness to name a few....i cant wait for your next insight of wisdom.......i think Micron UTD was holding back last year and would have cleaned up had they not put their striker on the D line.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0