Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns 2 Titans 0. It was snowball 2008 in ghetto ears with - 15 windchill factor. Brutal game with 11 guys then later 10 after a shocking straight red for disputing a call, a backup keeper, a jamaican playing on the backline who's barely seen snow. Tight game defensively, with YG holding most the posession in the first half and Titans not getting much going offensively.

Not many difficult shots in the first or second half although Titans made a push in the second. YG went up after a great solo run through about 3 defenders and a poke into the corner. The age difference seemed to show alittle but Titans were well organized. The home team had a few chances in the second half with a couple cleared off the line but YG sealed the game after a well earned free kick just outside the area that I placed off the post and in. Titans keeper made some good saves in the loss.

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we played all that great but we got stuck in which made a big difference, and considering we played with 10 guys for about 70 minutes and missing 7-8 starters its was a solid win. the first half we played well and moved the ball around, but the titans pressed pretty good and we seemed content with just the simple boot out of our zone towards the end. not the best soccer, but a good team win. with a little more luck the titans could have potted a couple.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we played all that great but we got stuck in which made a big difference, and considering we played with 10 guys for about 70 minutes and missing 7-8 starters its was a solid win. the first half we played well and moved the ball around, but the titans pressed pretty good and we seemed content with just the simple boot out of our zone towards the end. not the best soccer, but a good team win. with a little more luck the titans could have potted a couple.

I don't know what game you were in but you played 10 men for 20 minutes....plus Big Pappa Pump deserved the red for being a bone head (3 games suspension is a great Christmas gift). You didn't outplay them at all and really the game could have gone either way.

At the very least your celebrations after the game made it look to us like you won the Knights Cup:confused:

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what game you were in but you played 10 men for 20 minutes....plus Big Pappa Pump deserved the red for being a bone head (3 games suspension is a great Christmas gift). You didn't outplay them at all and really the game could have gone either way.

At the very least your celebrations after the game made it look to us like you won the Knights Cup:confused:

i dont know what game you were watching but im guessing you showed up 60 minutes into the game, or were just drunk. we played with 10 the entire first half cause someone came late + red card 25 minutes into 2nd half = 70 minutes of 10 men, need a calculator to figure that one out? first half we dominated and moved the ball around pretty well, had a couple posts a couple breakaways and they hardly touched the ball. last 20 minutes or so was completely different as i said in my post, they pressed hard and earned a few good chances and outplayed us then (after we had 10 men + 2 who could hardly walk cause of injuries) but until then we dominated.

as for the celebrations i agree they were a bit much, but considering we played with our C lineup in a physical game where a bunch of players are hurt or exhausted guys were a little pumped. i guess you'd have to win a few games to know what that feelings like.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for the celebrations i agree they were a bit much, but considering we played with our C lineup in a physical game where a bunch of players are hurt or exhausted guys were a little pumped. i guess you'd have to win a few games to know what that feelings like.

Yeah you would beat us:rolleyes:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal game with 11 guys then later 10 after a shocking straight red for disputing a call

Not much of a shock when you swear at the ref like that. It's pretty automatic, really. And very selfish. We felt we had a number of calls go against, particularly in the 1st half, and while we did moan a bit, we never lost our cool like your player did. That hurt you too. He was very dangerous all game.

I thought we came back pretty well in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to have potted a couple. The well taken free kick very late against the flow kicked us right in the nards. Oh well. :(

Ridiculously cold with the wind blowing snow in our faces. It was even colder because of the loss.:mad:

Have a good break all.

The Monkey

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully Santa brings all of us Div 3 muckers a tad of skill and maybe even a little confidence on the pitch?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Sundowner will finally be able to beat the Heat in the new year.
happy x-mas to all, and to all a merry new years.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully Santa brings all of us Div 3 muckers a tad of skill and maybe even a little confidence on the pitch?

I was fat before Christmas. I'm scared how fat I'll be after:eek: with all the food and drink this time of year:(:(:( I hope Santa brings me a personal trainer

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill speak on behalf of Sentinel when I say Merry Christmas everyone! Have a safe and happy holiday! We'll see you in the New Year!

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
kinda pissed how we are already being ruled out against Walley in the 1st round of the cup ... since when has there been a good surrey team? :p

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merry Christmas from Michigan...hope you enjoyed all the snow I sent back home to you! Have a safe one and hopefully that snow gets cleared up so we can get some games in when January hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0