Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions January 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads vs. Guilford FC - Postponed.

Someone ban grass fields from being home fields for winter soccer.

I think after october grass fields just become useless and un-playable. Any grass games this week would be like the frozen tundra at Lambeau. Sucks not playing again this week! ....We've had 3 games since the end of Nov and 2 of those were exhibition vs ACBC. Looks like PCNC aren't playing this weekend eiher so both of us will be in the same boat for our cup match next weekend.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think after october grass fields just become useless and un-playable. Any grass games this week would be like the frozen tundra at Lambeau. Sucks not playing again this week! ....We've had 3 games since the end of Nov and 2 of those were exhibition vs ACBC. Looks like PCNC aren't playing this weekend eiher so both of us will be in the same boat for our cup match next weekend.

hmm too bad we couldnt manage another friendly again hey

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads vs. Guilford FC - Postponed.

Someone ban grass fields from being home fields for winter soccer.

haha, tough for us in 3A to complain when all but 2 of the teams have turf home fields. remember the good old days before turf fields when we used to get the christmas break from mid-november til late-february.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Heat 1-0 win over Sundowners.Cold night,no snow in Cloverdale so it was game on.The score flattered the 'Downers a bit as their keeper kept them in it.Could have been 3 or 4.They are a good group to play against.Some good laughs out on the pitch!
Looks like a bye week for us, so might have a scouting assignment to check out our next cup opponent.SFC Stars 3a or Aldergrove United 2b?

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well...last night was quite fun....playin in the snow at MAP in langley with the nomads...was clear when we first started and a few mm by the end of training...gotta say that was the first time iv played in snow...damn is it ever gonna go away?!?!?!?

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well...last night was quite fun....playin in the snow at MAP in langley with the nomads...was clear when we first started and a few mm by the end of training...gotta say that was the first time iv played in snow...damn is it ever gonna go away?!?!?!?

Not to mention you nut-megged me again...twice!.....I guess watching Curtis Sanford has rubbed off on me!

Hopefully, this rain we are supposed to get clears the fields for weekend cup play. This is getting utterly ridiculous!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I know what happened....it is just a SWAG though...a Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

Surrey peg and surrey Peg Rangers are in the same club...one was getting their lunch handed to them more often than not, and the others were doing okay(ish) in their group.

They fold one team (SFC Peg) a few weeks before cup, transfer any of the decent(ish) guys to the Peg Rangers and thus start beating on poor minnows whenever possible.

note to peg rangers, take a memo, or a photocopy from ACBC's book on class...When you are up a gazzilion to none on a team that has no business being on the same park as you simply sub all your gems off the park, put on your muckers and get your keeper playing as the lone striker. Make everyone on your team play one touch and try not to score, but to play beautiful...joga;)

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the advice man. No, we haven't transfered any of the players from the other SFC team. We played with 2 subs and passed the ball as much as possible. We sat our better players in the 2nd half and when one of our players was injured, we played with ten men. I don't mind your "SWAG" but keep the advice to a minimum

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the advice man. No, we haven't transfered any of the players from the other SFC team. We played with 2 subs and passed the ball as much as possible. We sat our better players in the 2nd half and when one of our players was injured, we played with ten men. I don't mind your "SWAG" but keep the advice to a minimum

Point blank there is no reason to score 14 goals...its classless!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Captain obvious. Scoring 14 goals...I can't believe you let one in!!! For Shame!!! :D

What happened to your sister team then? Surely there were a few guys worth picking up on that Peg team that folded?

...karma is a bee-yatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0