Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if we had done it on purpose, what would the trouble be? we put our D and keeps upfront and the starters went off.. We're untouchable.

Enjoy being a big fish in a very small pond (actually its more like a creek I would say). Once the Cup rolls around we'll see just how 'untouchable' you are.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol ok, i guess we will see. Sentinel is a pretty big fish though, good luck. I mean I don't know of any other team that is coachless, no league affiliation, barely practices, And we still pull out the best plus minus.. Oh and this is our first season together.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey furious george........ are you the geu were playing this weekend or have we played you already??

I play for the geu team you guys already smashed. And, I could be mistaken, but you guys did not seem at all comfortable being in a tight game (it was 0-0 until about the 40th minute)...almost nervous.

I'll grant you the fact that you guys are clearly the best team in 3C (and probably in Div. 3), but during our game I also noticed that you have many holes in your backline. To be honest your team is lucky to have a keeper of your calibre (that diving save early on was one of the best I've seen...obvioulsy you've played higher up). You also have a left winger that could undoubtedly play premier. My point with the last post was lets see how you do with a team that can match your speed and skill (i.e. a top half of the table Div. 2 team) before your team anoints itself as 'untouchable.'

sentinelkeeps

Oct 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play for the geu team you guys already smashed. And, I could be mistaken, but you guys did not seem at all comfortable being in a tight game (it was 0-0 until about the 40th minute)...almost nervous.

I'll grant you the fact that you guys are clearly the best team in 3C (and probably in Div. 3), but during our game I also noticed that you have many holes in your backline. To be honest your team is lucky to have a keeper of your calibre (that diving save early on was one of the best I've seen...obvioulsy you've played higher up). You also have a left winger that could undoubtedly play premier. My point with the last post was lets see how you do with a team that can match your speed and skill (i.e. a top half of the table Div. 2 team) before your team anoints itself as 'untouchable.'
thanks man i think it been my best save ive ever had.....and i was just tryin to find out if your on the the same team as pete he worked at my company and ppl were just wonderin if this is his team....... we still have a long way to go...we got lucky that most of our friends are good athletes...........we just started the team this summer and a lot of old players came out from our old U-16 team we need to still gel on the field but were gettin there

sentinelkeeps

Oct 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

just throwin it out there............pre season we played the poco royals (div.2A)and won 3-0 we may be a young and new team but there is talent!!!!!! Just so we can clear that up

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya the young guns played the wolves in Div. 2A as well and tied em twice while outplaying them both times. got to say i've been surprised by the level of some of the Div3c teams

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
the top half of most div 3 teams can compete against most div 2 teams..the top 1 or 2 teams in div 2 are usually noticeably better but you cant say the same for the rest of them.

moving from div 2 to div 1 is a completely different story as the competition increases quite a bit, so although sentinel is a pretty talented squad, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done before you guys are as good as you think you are. cup time should be fun, i think both of our teams could make a decent run at it.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the top half of most div 3 teams can compete against most div 2 teams..the top 1 or 2 teams in div 2 are usually noticeably better but you cant say the same for the rest of them.

moving from div 2 to div 1 is a completely different story as the competition increases quite a bit, so although sentinel is a pretty talented squad, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done before you guys are as good as you think you are. cup time should be fun, i think both of our teams could make a decent run at it.

No they can't, look at the Langley Players:D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV 3 teams are younger as some are moving up from youth. Div 2 seemed more watered down and our team were in more of the games and able to keep up. The Tigers are very old and 80% of this team can and maybe should move up to O35's as we are tired of chasing around teenagers with an "N" on their Parents vehicles. The games won't get any easier moving up but the constant running(chasing) may slow down.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV 3 teams are younger as some are moving up from youth. Div 2 seemed more watered down and our team were in more of the games and able to keep up. The Tigers are very old and 80% of this team can and maybe should move up to O35's as we are tired of chasing around teenagers with an "N" on their Parents vehicles. The games won't get any easier moving up but the constant running(chasing) may slow down.

Hey old man, I agree that this not the same div. 3 as when the Rams won the division back in the day. Teams are younger, faster, and more willing to play a physical game. What I don't understand is why the Tigers, a team with the average footspeed of a beached whale, would want to play their home games on turf, especially knowing that they are up against quicker teams. Not exactly the most brilliant of moves considering that a grass field can be the great equalizer. This is not to say that we would necessary have more wins if we played on grass, but that we would tougher to break down for teams like sentinel and lufc. By playing on a turf field we are essentially playing to other teams' strengths

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey old man, I agree that this not the same div. 3 as when the Rams won the division back in the day. Teams are younger, faster, and more willing to play a physical game. What I don't understand is why the Tigers, a team with the average footspeed of a beached whale, would want to play their home games on turf, especially knowing that they are up against quicker teams. Not exactly the most brilliant of moves considering that a grass field can be the great equalizer. This is not to say that we would necessary have more wins if we played on grass, but that we would tougher to break down for teams like sentinel and lufc. By playing on a turf field we are essentially playing to other teams' strengths

my pops is looking for a team if you guys go masters or something

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone says sentinel won't play as well on grass, but our only game this season ON a grass field was our highest scoring.. I don't understand. BTW keeps and I talked to the team at practice at The Fox and Fiddle and we're open to any exhibition games during the week or the Christmas break. Just contact either one of us and we'll see what we can wrangle.

Sentinel

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone says sentinel won't play as well on grass, but our only game this season ON a grass field was our highest scoring.. I don't understand. BTW keeps and I talked to the team at practice at The Fox and Fiddle and we're open to any exhibition games during the week or the Christmas break. Just contact either one of us and we'll see what we can wrangle.

Sentinel

We will play u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0