Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - September '05

Who will be in first place at the end of the month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 final...

Nation carried most of the play...but we had our share of possession too...

Physical friendly.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Physical friendly.
To say the least. Elbows flying. Sickening tackles. Most of it can be blamed on the ref letting the "first one" go. It frustrated the Swiss Miss to the point where he was kicked off the pitch. Then he went home to his girl without staying for a pint. Poor fellow.

We have a bit to do before we start playing to our potential, but it will come. It was a decent result for us in that we fought hard and didn't quit when we got down one late. GEU should be a good gauge as to where we are at the moment. Obviously not the same team as last year, but it will be a good challenge to start the year off.

12 Friday nighters this year. 2 Saturday nighters, 3 Sunday day games, and 1 Sunday night. Interesting schedule.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preseason

Zaurrini said:
2-2 final...

Physical friendly.

Did Cainy break his ribs?
Because it's not a physical friendly with the Rangers until Wilkie makes it so Cainy can't beathe and Lion gets stepped into by the likes of Paul Marshall.

;)

That is a good result against quality opposition lads.
PAU I mean.

:D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the PAUvs Rangers friendly last night and was once again very unimpressed with Pau. they are definitly not the same team without Drew back their, at moments there defense was shocking. I also thought they missed keegans speed on the outside, I am not sure how long he is out but they could use him. I can't see them winning the league this year too many holes. Not saying they don't have a good squad, at moments they looked really sharp but i just can't see them winning the league. Rangers look to be a tough team to beat, not a ton of skill or speed but regardless and older smarter hard nose team.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This game was difficult to assess as it was obviously used by both coaches as an experiment. With combinations being switched up constantly positions were used mostly for evaluation. All the goals were good and there probably should have been more of them. The Surrey backline was much improved in the second half although there were some communication problems. Communication ion general for the Rangers was poor on the pitch as very few players spoke to one another. All indications of time or the lack of it were coming from the sideline. One authoritative voice on the backline and a Captain in the midfield would solve this instantly.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the quality in FV first div but I would liken the Rangers to a solid VMSL Div 1 squad which would I'm sure give them an edge where promotion is concerned and I can only see them improving.

TheRob's battered face is testament to the ref's ineptitude. It would have been laughable if it wasn't serious.

Pau did well to concentrate on Surrey's perceived weakness playing a fair bit down the left until the left footed right back was replaced mid-way through the first half. They finished their goals very nicely, Sage and Guiness I believe. I took a few photos but the light was terrible so they were binned.

Attachments

• Rob-elbowed.gif
    Rob-elbowed.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 72

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, it looks like one of the points protruding from his forehead moved down into his cheek.
He must have been rocked...

Jinky:
Did you buy Bulljive a pint then?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
again very unimpressed with Pau. there defense was shocking. I can't see them winning the league this year too many holes. Rangers look to be a tough team to beat, not a ton of skill or speed but regardless and older smarter hard nose team.
First of all, i though we played a solid match last night, for us it was a chance to get up to speed for the weekend, everyone played, and made positive contributions. i thought our speed on the wings was outstanding. Leo Wilk and Moe Mahjoub were flying down the wings I think Moe broke some ankles with the moves he was making last night. :eek:
I think Zaurrini said it best. Can't wait to see you in action personally, what team and div do you play :confused: maybe we can arrange a friendly pm me ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
I think Zaurrini said it best. Can't wait to see you in action personally, what team and div do you play :confused: maybe we can arrange a friendly pm me ;)
You already have one risque player in Saunders...last thing you need is two guys trying moves inside the 18...tell saunders thanks for the goal.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree I thought Moe, and Leo were easily the best players on the park. i realize everyone got a run I was just making an unbiast evaluation. I wasn't saying I was personally better then anyone, since when did people start listening too me anyway let alone taking what I say too heart. Peach Arch the greates team in the land I apologize :rolleyes:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:

My my cainy, a little sensitive this early in the season, aren't we? ;) Apparently "the Nation" is feeling a bit touchy this season. Oh well, having the defence of the Pak on your shoulders is enough to weigh anyone down a bit, even the mighty mighty Nation.

~Shaven :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Wow, it looks like one of the points protruding from his forehead moved down into his cheek.
He must have been rocked...

Jinky:
Did you buy Bulljive a pint then?
You have always been so jealous of my German good looks. You aren't the first. Won't be the last.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
First of all, i though we played a solid match last night, for us it was a chance to get up to speed for the weekend, everyone played, and made positive contributions. ;)
Not everyone cainy, you didn't step onto the park! :D
Agreed, you guys played solid but conditioning will be a problem as with us. Notables were defin. Leo and Sage. Un-noticables were your young kids. We put pressure on them and they did nothing, that being said they will obviously improve.
As for us bulljive, ya we looked weak at times but isn't that why you play everyone in preseason........gotta see what everyone brings to the table. Still missing some important guys, will make a diff. when they return and we obtain game conditioning. :( Jinky and RF, maybe you can become our strength and conditioning coaches. :D
1 more sleep until the season!!!! :knvb:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too sure what to expect from the GEU boys tommorrow night as everything has changed for this team. It's pretty rare to not have even one player on a team from last year. Anyways I will be running around out there with the guys if needed which at this point may do fcuk all for the team. I've heard a rumour that Simmonds is gonna run TheRob over if given the chance? Will there be any truth to this? Drop by Albion and find out.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
stepchild, Did you and cainy get together and try to translate my post. When did I say you guys looked weak at times, I said you have a solid hard nose team thats tough to beat. Are you going to sit and try to claim your teams in tip top physical form. I think the rangers will be one of the teams too beat.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
I've heard a rumour that Simmonds is gonna run TheRob over if given the chance? Will there be any truth to this? Drop by Albion and find out.
That will be difficult to run theRob over unless Simmonds plans on running at our bench. :)
Bulljive, I believe I stated that our team was not in tip top shape nor do we shop at tip top for that matter. I will say we have shapes, just not the ones that resemble soccer players....I believe I used "game conditioning."
As for the response, didn't you say our team did not have a "ton of skill or speed?" That to me translates into a weak team. As for tough to beat, ok...I will give you that considering our starting line may actually weigh more that a ton on speed....and my weight actually brings the overall total down.
Just leaving for Albion, see GEU and the boys at the park tomorrow. :mad:

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incase FVSL follows the same pattern the pattern going at the moment.....week 3 schedule could likely be

Whalley vs Poco
NDFC vs Aldergrove
Rangers vs Sporting
Sikh vs GEU
Highlanders vs PoMo

Week 4
PM vs GEU
NDFC vs Sikh
Sporting vs Aldergrove
Whalley vs Rangers
Highlanders vs Poco

Week 5
Geu vs Poco
NDFC vs PM
Sporting VS Sikh
Whalley vs Aldergrove
Highlanders vs Rangers

Week 6 could be the "break the formula week"

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
stepchild, i saw you leaving mariposa and heading into tip top with an international leathers bag in hand at guilford yesterday ;) !!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Big & Tall is the best store in Guildford by the way...

Stepchild:
You're shite and you know you are.

:D

Conditioningcoachforever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0