Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Pre-Season Banter ~ Aug. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fukc the jump youu have to earn your way up. WE came from div 4 won it then they got rid of div 4 the year after. 2 years later we won div 2. last year teams the came in third and fourth place got promoted from div 3 to div 2. Now div 2 has 30 teams with not even 10 quality ones. By quality I mean as quality as div 2 can get. I think you have to earn your way up or you should be going from u 21 to already established teams within the club. U 21 bush, we played without a coach got a bunch of friends together, had no warm up, half the team sat in lawn chairs smoking right up to kick off and we finished two points out of first. I don't care what anyone says the league is a waste of time all the quality players go from youth straight to mens anyway.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL needs to set up a better divisional alignment, plus incorporate a stricter and more defined system regarding promotion and relegation. It seems like every fu*king year they’re changing the format around, they should just stick to one set up and let it play out.

Premier, Cat, and Div. 1 should all have 10 teams like they currently do and stick with their current promotion system. But Div. 2 should have only 20 teams rather than a retarded number like 28. The bottom four should be relegated and this would enable more teams to advance through the system. Division Three should carry however many teams that are remaining, including the brand new teams and teams that are coming from U21, that would be roughly 30 teams. The 3 bottom teams of Div. 3 should then be relegated and banned to the Richmond league.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like ND Titans will remain the same as last year minus our best striker, who missed the majority of last year and will miss all of this year, our left back, who was our mvp in the cup final, a strong midfielder, and another guy. No one chose to leave the team despite some receiving invitations to teams in higher divisions for their own reasons. There is still the possibility of up to 6 coming in to the team, 5 of which I know and would really help settle down our midfield and strengthen our backline and allow for me to move into the midfield. But in all likelyhood, we will not be adding anyone, much to my displeasure. I think we will be floating somewhere around the middle of the pack again especially if our luck with injuries continue. I think we will be starting the year with at best 1/2 of our back four from last year. It looks like an uphill struggle with all these other teams attracting premier players and other skilled individuals. Hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
strengthen our backline and allow for me to move into the midfield...........
why would an absolute natural at defence, such as yourself want to play in the mid????? you should concentrate on getting your coach to play you in the center of the back line. not trying to suck your cack or anything, but thats where you belong. how does the higher K-Wality of soccer seem now???

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
It looks like ND Titans will remain the same as last year minus our best striker, who missed the majority of last year and will miss all of this year, our left back, who was our mvp in the cup final, a strong midfielder, and another guy. No one chose to leave the team despite some receiving invitations to teams in higher divisions for their own reasons. There is still the possibility of up to 6 coming in to the team, 5 of which I know and would really help settle down our midfield and strengthen our backline and allow for me to move into the midfield. But in all likelyhood, we will not be adding anyone, much to my displeasure. I think we will be floating somewhere around the middle of the pack again especially if our luck with injuries continue. I think we will be starting the year with at best 1/2 of our back four from last year. It looks like an uphill struggle with all these other teams attracting premier players and other skilled individuals. Hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves.

No offence to you guys but in my opinion the reason why some of your players will not leave is the same reason why you guys will never take the next step too becoming a really good team. Nobody is willing to be serious enough to be good. last year you guys and another team combined didn't have as many guys as we did out to practice. Losing to teams like Geu because of no bodies should never happen I just can't see your team ever changing. i think when the game is on the titans all work hard and want to win but at the end of the day most of the team rather just play for fun then get serious. If you guys took every team as serious as when you play as your record will be fine. i just think without Russ the titans defence is very suspect he holds it all together. i think after this year alot of your players will reconsider where they play next year.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the reason i would like to play in the midfield is that i played there every year before excluding the last few and i am just as good if not better there. i only ever moved to the backline to help fill a hole we had there back in u-16 and spent most of u-17 back in the mid. i see the field better from there and i can react better and move the ball to where it needs to go a lot more efficiently. as for playing in the middle of the backline, we already have two solid centre backs, there is no need to stir up any trouble there just so i can play where a small minority think i should. i appreciate the compliment and i know that you are not trying to toot my horn. as for the higher quality of soccer, it was last year and that statement was about last year. i was one of the guys asked to play at a higher level but circumstances are different this year as school and work will be taking up more of my time. im not going to make a larger committment only to show up for half of the games and the odd practice. and i may only be making home games this year. by all means, run me into the ground all you like, this is ttp so i expect it here and on the field. good luck this year.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I am going to light your team up tonight....good luck my friend!

Well Franchise what was the final score and how many did you get bud??? 6-3 Rams over the Wolfs we had a lot of new faces out trying to make the team not bad we will be the youngest team in Div2 out of the four GEU teams (insert piss take here) :D

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Well Franchise what was the final score and how many did you get bud??? 6-3 Rams over the Wolfs we had a lot of new faces out trying to make the team not bad we will be the youngest team in Div2 out of the four GEU teams (but with me on it still the heviest) :D

he he he well you said inset piss take

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluebird said:
he he he well you said inset piss take

Hey Boobird, he didn't tell you to dish out a piss take at yourself.

he he he... what kind of crap is that?

You sound like Beavis..."heh heh heh... You said Piss take... heh."

Anyhow I am saddened that I could not reply to your post as quick as dopeashell. We might even have a candidate for worst post.

But anyhow... ... . Exhib Match between LUFC A and LUFC Dynamo scheduled for August 24th. Thats the only preseason match we could arrange so far. Anyone looking for a matchup between now and the end of August? We have a field if it helps.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Hey Boobird, he didn't tell you to dish out a piss take at yourself.

he he he... what kind of crap is that?

You sound like Beavis..."heh heh heh... You said Piss take... heh."

why the hatred , why so angry, why must you lash out at those around you ........your so hurtfull i might just go into the corner and cry

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
geeeeeee........i wonder who'll be knocking at their doors.
Not ND United of course... you guys never recruit :rolleyes:. Plus, isn't there a pre-requisite that one must smoke, drink and have been in at least a couple of scraps before they can join your team?

... I guess not one Titan would be eligible then :D.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
from what I've heard Dewdney Celtic are going to be a way better team then last year they have added five Prem players from Poco, Guru's brother is one of them given he is an amazing striker but he's now in his late 30's possibly 40? these guys have all played together for years and it should make Celtic that much better.

no question that celtic will be better, but damn they are old. Tough blow for us (Poco), losing such quality classy guys. Look for Poco premier to get real young real fast, at least we can count on United to keep the average age up.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
Plus, isn't there a pre-requisite that one must smoke, drink and have been in at least a couple of scraps before they can join your team?

And that's just to be invited out to a Monday night training scrimmage!...er, I mean 'training session' :eek:

~Shaven :D

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
No offence to you guys but in my opinion the reason why some of your players will not leave is the same reason why you guys will never take the next step too becoming a really good team. Nobody is willing to be serious enough to be good. last year you guys and another team combined didn't have as many guys as we did out to practice. Losing to teams like Geu because of no bodies should never happen I just can't see your team ever changing. i think when the game is on the titans all work hard and want to win but at the end of the day most of the team rather just play for fun then get serious. If you guys took every team as serious as when you play as your record will be fine. i just think without Russ the titans defence is very suspect he holds it all together. i think after this year alot of your players will reconsider where they play next year.

i agree for the most part, we are not a very serious team when it gets down to it. personally i can say i dont have the time to commit to something as intense as your team just due to the fact that i go to school and work during the semester. i dont have a lot of free time nor a set schedule with work. without russ will definitely hurt us, there is no getting around it. its just up to the rest of us to step up and play better. i always want to win and i wish i can the time to put more energy into soccer but i dont, it just isnt possible at this point. i cant speak for the other guys, only myself. i have other responsibilities that make it difficult to make soccer a priority.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the DFC Celtic doing very well this year !
With there added additions!
Look out GEU & Poco City!!!

Cheers
Rex

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
Not ND United of course... you guys never recruit :rolleyes:. Plus, isn't there a pre-requisite that one must smoke, drink and have been in at least a couple of scraps before they can join your team?

... I guess not one Titan would be eligible then :D.

we don't recruit???? the differance is that we don't tell everyone and their dog to come out for our team cuz they'll get lots of playing time only to have them watch from the sidelines. plus, we do all our recruiting from teams who ARE NOT A PART OF OUR CLUB!!!!!!!!!
smoking is not mandatory but it helps if you've been in at least one fight, and drinking.........well come on now!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0