Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya whatever shaven you keep thinking what you want. After this weekend we'll see whos right and whos wrong. Good luck on the weekend, and dont worry about us cause i'll come on here and let you know about our victory.
shaven said:
Well done Mom...a piss-taking that uses limited profanity and is actually topical. About time buddy! Nice job staying in bounds, keep it up. :D

I'll say this for the Hurricanes though...the members on TTP keep getting it up the bum lately, but they're always up for the challenge. (Hmm, does that sound funny to anyone else?) :eek:

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that the hurricanes have some players playing in the VMSL. Do they still play with the Hurricanes in the fraser valley league?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-fence said:
I heard that the hurricanes have some players playing in the VMSL. Do they still play with the Hurricanes in the fraser valley league?
I'm not possitive, but I think the FVSL doesn't recognize any team for Club System movement of players outside the Fraser Valley. Things may be different now, but in the 80's I was with the Coq. Celtic, and we had a team in the FVSL and one in the VMSL, and we couldn't move back and forth without a transfer. Once transfered you couldn't move back to the other team for 30 days....I think it's too much of a hassle to go through.
I know the transfer is the same today (30 days), and all transfers are registered through BC Soccer, not the FVSL BC Soccer governs and oversees all transfers.

Anyone with some "facts" on this?

---------------------------------

Need to be a PM to do this. ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Anyone with some "facts" on this?

---------------------------------

Need to be a PM to do this. ;)

BC SOCCER rules on such items. No player can play in multiple BCSA registered leagues. Players can be transfered but as u mentioned there are some rules.

Such as:
(i) three transfers during a playing season within the jurisdiction of the B.C.S.A.

(ii) a player, once transferred, cannot be transferred to the team for which he was registered until a period of thirty (30) days has elapsed.

and the short version of the BCSA ruling is : No player shall be permitted to register for more than one team at any one time.. Exceptions are schools

Kind of a quick summary but anyhow.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Need to be a PM to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TheRob : Today at 12:04 PM. Reason: Advertising.
RG : You're a puke !!!! Is it advertising if I say it's free? Just tell people there's a "party"?
By the way....yer not invited now :d

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Need to be a PM to do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TheRob : Today at 12:04 PM. Reason: Advertising.
RG : You're a puke !!!! Is it advertising if I say it's free? Just tell people there's a "party"?
By the way....yer not invited now :d

Rob, don't worry you are always welcome out in Langley.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Gentlemen, please take note - the following message is very important. It has come to our attention that players are wearing metal cleats on the artificial turf fields. This is not allowed and must stop now before we lose them. Also there is to be no drinking of alcohol at these parks and they are to be vacated no later than 30 minutes after the end of the game. We will lose them if these practices are not stopped immediately. We have been warned by the city that the next letter will result in losing them. You are not allowed on these parks until your allotted time and we request that you use common sense when there are other activities before/after the games. Be respectful to other users, and if there is a problem let us know so we can deal with it. It is hard to get fields and very easy to lose them, so please follow these guidelines. Thank you"

-Message left on Fraser Valley Web Site, why is there always problems on turf fields? Tuesdays we get the turf in Poco at 9:00PM, why is it if the 8:00 team only has 8 players and is using half the field, the PARENTS of the 8 kids get pissed off if we ask to use the other half of the field a little early? And every team I have seen so far has a team beer cooler, I havn't seen anyone running naked distrubing the following game. What is with people?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I hear, the fields in question were NAP and Cloverdale. There are VMSL games at Cloverdale so it may not be all FVSL types. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Use discretion.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
From what I hear, the fields in question were NAP and Cloverdale. There are VMSL games at Cloverdale so it may not be all FVSL types. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Use discretion.
USE DISCRETION it's easy green garbage bag for beer cans(so no one see's them) dont leave empty cases of beer in sight.everyone on you team should have a beer cooler to put the cans in while drinking remember out of sight out of mind .therfore we will have the use of the parks for a long time

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
who got relegated last season from div. 2 to div. 3? i know bradner redshirts did, who else?

The Slurrey Royals quit this year so Bradner was the only one going down and 14 div 3 teams coming up to water down the div 2 league some more. :rolleyes:

Next year they should not have a div 3 league and have a 40 team div 2.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's raining this weekend so that sweet dirt bike oval out in Eagle Ridge must be in prime shape for Eagle Ridge Unitied!!

Gum boots and Captain Highliner jackets on sale now at Soccer Cities in selected locations :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

Royalty

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
The Slurrey Royals quit this year so Bradner was the only one going down and 14 div 3 teams coming up to water down the div 2 league some more. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked the 3 teams that were promoted to div 2 are at or near the top of the tables. Go figure eh! Next time do your homework buddy.

:bronco: :knvb: :wa:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

Hmm... IF the Division Two groups were tougher instead of "watered down" Wouldn't your squad be suiting up for relegation instead of hanging in there at 8th?

Also, if you check the standings, in each group: 2A, 2B and 2C there are 5 or more teams within 6 points of 1st, thats seems pretty balanced to me.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't the north delta titans move up from div 3 too?

hey dumbass, my teammate is correct, 2 of the at least 3 teams that moved up from div 3 are sitting in top spot, so i don't know where the hell you get this BS about div 3 teams moving up 'watering down' div 2's playing level. you just insulted yourself dumbass. have a nice day.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i have to give credit to the bearcats, because they're good young squad that runs a lot and put up a valiant effort this weekend. But we came out on top 3-1 and played one hell of a game. You could ask the bearcats yourself, we worked the ball around effortlessy and dominated the game. The hurricanes are right back on track going into the showdown against the clones. They are at the top of our division and ive heard that they play hard and dont get scored on much, so it should be quite the matchup. I personally think that when we play like we did this weekend theres not anybody in this league that can beat us. But the clones are on top so its going to be a tough hard fought game.
08 STAR LIVES TO TALK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
curious said:
hurricanes? 0-4-8 star or h.power how did you fair against the bearcats

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-4-8 the clones are a lowly second place team if you check the standings so the game next sat. should be much easier for you

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
didn't the north delta titans move up from div 3 too?

hey dumbass, my teammate is correct, 2 of the at least 3 teams that moved up from div 3 are sitting in top spot, so i don't know where the hell you get this BS about div 3 teams moving up 'watering down' div 2's playing level. you just insulted yourself dumbass. have a nice day.

Hey dumbass......hey halfwit I know that more then 3 teams moved up from div 3.....congrats on the top 3 teams in every division.....

Yippie!!!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as we are concerned, the Clones are the team to beat in our division right now. We played Columbia and they are a really good young team and deserve a lot of credit for the way the play. They were a lot of fun to play against in a very entertaining free flowing game. We've played Poco and I'll be honest, if we didn't get the 4 red cards early in the 2nd half and weren't missing 6 starters to injury to begin with, we would have beaten Poco and we will prove that the next time we play them.

The Clones have been at or near the top of Div 2 for back to back seasons now at least, and they deserve credit for that. They are a consistent team that plays the same way week in and week out. As far as we are concerned, they are the measuring stick of Div 2B and we are pumped about the game. Should be a great one next week as we look to tighten the race for 1st place some more...Our track record in must win games is pretty good and we'll be looking to improve on that next week. Next Saturday can't come soon enough...

curious said:
0-4-8 the clones are a lowly second place team if you check the standings so the game next sat. should be much easier for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0