Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
clones. I think the home turf field for both those games will be a huge advantage for the hurricanes because they move the ball around well. .

Clones have had a couple years now on the turf, I don't think its exactly "foreign" to them. They have to move the ball around well because I know they certainly don't like running around after it... it gets tough after 30... or after 50 (Hi George!).

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see you still have confidence in us Bulljive! We are in tough though as we haven't quite found our form yet. Like you said earliar, we gotta find a way to sort out our defense so we can move CJ back into the midfield. He has 6 goals in 2 games when playin in the middle and just 2 goals in 2 games when playin on the backline. Problem is without Gary, he is our best sweeper. This weekend's game against Columbia will be a big test for us as we need the win, and we will be trying to do it without CJ as he is out for this weekend's game...Hurricanes historically do respond well with their backs to the wall so let's see what happens.

bulljive said:
hurricanes will beat both the bearcats and the clones. I think the home turf field for both those games will be a huge advantage for the hurricanes because they move the ball around well. although they may have some players missing this weekend due to the fact that its the night before halloween and I heard, but this may just be a rumour, that some of there younger players still need to buy there costumes.

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
although they may have some players missing this weekend due to the fact that its the night before halloween and I heard, but this may just be a rumour, that some of there younger players still need to buy there costumes.
just be glad its not a sunday night game or they would all be out trick or treating as well.....good luck with the candy search 'canes!!!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
although they may have some players missing this weekend due to the fact that its the night before halloween and I heard, but this may just be a rumour, that some of there younger players still need to buy there costumes.

Piiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...now that's a piss-take we can all stand back and admire. Well said lad. :D :D :D

I thought when you're that young Mom's still MADE costumes?? Hmm, food for thought... :eek: :eek: :eek:

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a bit confused here, before teams play us, they make fun of us saying, oh we're just a bunch of grade 11 and 12's, and then after they lose they then complain about how we use grade 11 and 12's. Can someone explain this concept for me?

shaven said:
Piiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...now that's a piss-take we can all stand back and admire. Well said lad. :D :D :D

I thought when you're that young Mom's still MADE costumes?? Hmm, food for thought... :eek: :eek: :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Problem is without Gary,

Just a question...Anyone else on here tired of hearing about how the Hurricanes are having problems without Gary? :rolleyes: Hands up....! Ya, I thought there'd be a few. Let it go, Hurricanes (that means you too, 08star, whack...the lot of ya)...Gary is not on your team, so quit using that as an excuse/reason for why your team does not perform this way or that on the field. Move on past the woulda, shoulda and coulda's. Besides, after losing to the Bearcats this weekend you'll have lots of other excuses to offer up I'm sure, though 08star will not be posting any of them as he'll be sitting at centre at Strawberry Hill Elementary crying into a divot about what could have been..."...if only Gary was sweeping for us..."

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
What happened to Your keeps?, he seemed like a really nice guy....

Great guy, couldn't stand the bullshit that goes on in this league.....he was tired of getting runned and ref doing nothing. I guess with the fight this weekend and the bullshit that went along with the game he has decided to move on to over 35's.

Wolfman what is your take on the move?

Something needs to happen with this team pretty fast or drastic changes need to be made!!!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Your on a div 3 team that is playing in a div 2 level.......

would you like to rephase that?

shaven said:
Royals vs. Rippers: This match out on the much maligned pitch in sunny Tsawwassen between the top two in the table. Shaping up to be the tale of two matches; two teams heading in opposite directions of late, which could mean a stomping by the Royals, or a resurrection by the Rippers providing a statement game by them. Likely the latter, with the Rippers back on form and showing that the table is not conceeded to the Royals just yet. Prediction: Rippers 4-2 :D

i expect this to be a close match. appearently surrey is gonna be a missing a key forward? that's tough, we've had 3 games this season where we've been missing our top scorer and still managed to pull out the win. deal with it. i expect a close match, however this past sunday against GEU we had 4 different goal scorers, which we needed with 4 starters missing. i know we can beat the rippers, i know we can beat any team in 2A, it's just a matter of showing up for the game. i guess i should say it's been shown that any team can show up another team regardless of standings. you were wrong about Tsaw. vs. NDFC shaven, i'll be happy to aid my team in proving you wrong again, as this match is pivotal for a number of teams in terms of points. Good luck to the rippers this weekend, you're gonna need some. My best wishes to WRU, GEU, and Abby this weekend aswell ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
would you like to rephase that?

Your a div three player playing in a div two league...better.......I know any team can win on any level.....it true.....

I will be the first to admit that my play has been god awful this season....coming from the Knights and playing with them for most of my career was great and I got use to the players I played with and there style.....this year has been a challenge to play with great players and some players that are not at that level. I haven't been able to adjust yet!!!

I had my best game against Langley but their keep had my number all game maybe this weekend I'll try putting on the new cleats and see if thats the problem :rolleyes:

Soccer is just not as fun unless your winning and granted we should not be near bottom but we also don't deserve to be at the top. Moody was the only team that controlled us and I know we can beat any team in our side.....it just showing up...hopefully things will change this weekend.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's just a fact Shaven, we are victims of our own success last year. We had VMSL Premier teams recruiting 3 of our guys from last year and Gary got his scholarship up to SFU. It's lookin like though as the season goes on, all of these guys will be back before the transfer deadline. Once you go Hurricane, it's tough to go anywhere else for long! We'll see what happens against the Bearcats and Clones. I do know this, I can't remember the last time we lost a must-win game. We'll find a way towin this weekend and we'll find away against the Clones. That's just the way it is...

shaven said:
Just a question...Anyone else on here tired of hearing about how the Hurricanes are having problems without Gary? :rolleyes: Hands up....! Ya, I thought there'd be a few. Let it go, Hurricanes (that means you too, 08star, whack...the lot of ya)...Gary is not on your team, so quit using that as an excuse/reason for why your team does not perform this way or that on the field. Move on past the woulda, shoulda and coulda's. Besides, after losing to the Bearcats this weekend you'll have lots of other excuses to offer up I'm sure, though 08star will not be posting any of them as he'll be sitting at centre at Strawberry Hill Elementary crying into a divot about what could have been..."...if only Gary was sweeping for us..."

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom...I suppose a 'Welcome Back' is in order. Hopefully your forced sabbatical gave you some time to reflect, and this go 'round you'll be able to post for more than a week without earning another involuntary extended vacation. :rolleyes: Best of luck to you this weekend as well, thought I hope that luck only brings you a draw. ;)

~ from your friendly neighbourhood Shaven man :D

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont really recall ever mentioning garys name myself but i guess with old age you just stop making sense. Your old and you suck and i know its hard but its time for you to get off our backs buddy. We beat you twice last year, heck we even knocked you out of the cup so i dont know HOW you can sit there and bash us. Your teams old and slow and the only thing you guys have to look foward to is a good pension plan. So just sit back and watch us take care of bearcats this weekend.
shaven said:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saint jr find a way to get to the game this weekend so you guys can take some points off the royals. they are alittle over confident for me and its time to put them in there place. I just don't think the rippers can beat good teams without you not to say you guys don't have a good team or some other good players but from what I have watched alot of the play goes through you and nobody else seems to create chances. I expect your beer for me to be at the game in two weeks whether or not you are that is if you have the confidence in your team that you claim. As for the hurricanes I don't think it will matter if you guys get the players back if you don't win your next 2 games

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
I'm a bit confused here, before teams play us, they make fun of us saying, oh we're just a bunch of grade 11 and 12's, and then after they lose they then complain about how we use grade 11 and 12's. Can someone explain this concept for me?

Really you won what 2 games so i don't think it's really been that much of
a problem. Remember to look both ways before you cross the street on
Sunday night. :bronco:

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Saint jr find a way to get to the game this weekend so you guys can take some points off the royals. they are alittle over confident for me and its time to put them in there place.

overconfident? put in our place?
We're in our place. FIRST. and by a decent margin (I know we've yet to sit through our bye, but we can still hold our place nonetheless). And in terms of seeming overconfident, confidence is a luxury that comes with holding top spot, confidence is a necessity to win. Overconfidence is a crutch that makes top spot unatainable. We don't play with this crutch.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
We beat you twice last year, heck we even knocked you out of the cup so i dont know HOW you can sit there and bash us. Your teams old and slow and the only....
Just a little FYI...the team I play for this season is not the one I played for last season...for the record, that team actually went 1-1 against you then. I have been on a team that beat you, 08star, so I do have something to base my bashing upon. Besides, with boasts like yours I feel like partaking in a little Punch-A-Mole with you from time to time. Deal with it. :D

Incidentally...I may be older than you (thankfully :cool: ), but am far from slow...ask bulljive and Soccer Mom, they'll tell ya.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star your time may be up this weekend with a big game against the Cats, a team that will match your youth and fitness, going to be a tough test for the Canes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0