Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - September 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hurricanes vs United

hey, how many goals did you and the black knights score against us in the cup semi finals? The other teams that have beaten us and have scored a lot of goals on us can talk smack all they want, but when you come out and talk, it's just BS.

The Franchise said:
Are you the same pylon that let 19 goals enter your net at provincials and then start the year of with a bang and let a cool 10+ good on ya!!!

Good luck this week :D

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You must be from the ND Titans. You guys do lose alot to us so it must bother you a lot. Last winter it was 2-0 and 2-1 as we went on to win our mutual division. In the summer time it was 6-0 and 4-3 on shootouts in the regular season and 6-1 in the Championship game. If you are from the Titans, and you must be, I don't blame you for being bitter and tryin to dis us. Like you said, what you or I think about the incident doesn't really matter. We'll deal with the league as need be. I am confident that our track record is known to the league and it will be a strong character reference in our favour. Enough said about this subject.

Shaven said:
I feel I need to weigh in on this...Hurricane, I've played your squad multiple times in the past season or so, and have to contradict your claim that the Hurricanes are one of the easiest teams to ref. I have known your squad to be rude, obscene in language, and disrespectful to the game and those involved in it. If the response to the alleged incident (whatever the true version is) on this forum is any indication, I'd say that I'm not alone in believing that your squad is less than credible in any assertion that you and/or you fans are above such tactics. Having been on the field of play with your fans on the sidelines, I have to believe that there is something to the allegation that your fans were involved in misconduct towards the referee. I'm not saying that they are guilty of whatever is being asserted here, but there must be something relatively close to the truth here. Put this issue to rest, wait for the outcome of the discipline hearings, and take your lumps for whatever you're found guilty of. Oh, your team's allegations towards the referee's integrity don't appear to have much support amongst your fellow league members represented on TTP, so that must tell you all how much weight those claims don't carry.
On a better vein, predictions for the weekend? Here's one....WRU 3 - Abby SC 1

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No point gettin into specifics here but that definition is quite subjective and could have been applied to both teams during the melee and not just us. It's the ref's discretion and we'll have to deal with things as they come.

blindman said:
Blindman would love to comment on particulars but won't. However, for educational purposes, I've copied a definition of serious foul play and violent conduct from a US referee's website for those who are interested in knowing the difference. Basically, in order for a send off to be classified as serious foul play, it must have occured during a challenge for the ball.

2. It is serious foul play when a player uses violence (excessive force; formerly defined as "disproportionate and unnecessary strength") when challenging for the ball on the field against an opponent. There can be no serious foul play against a teammate, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc. The use of violence or excessive force against an opponent under any other conditions must be punished as violent conduct. It is violent conduct when a player (or substitute) is guilty of aggression towards an opponent (when they are not contesting for the ball) or towards any other person (one of his teammates, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc.). The ball can be in or out of play. The aggression can occur either on or off the field of play. (ATR 12.33 and 12.34)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

whack said:
hey, how many goals did you and the black knights score against us in the cup semi finals? The other teams that have beaten us and have scored a lot of goals on us can talk smack all they want, but when you come out and talk, it's just BS.

Set-up a game then.....you go to provincials thats great...but to go there and get embarassed every game is pointless.. i know your routine goalie was getting married we were missing our best player the young sweeper....great the point of this is that to come on here and praise how good you are then get shell shocked every week seems point-less and waste of post space.

Our team needs some work.....serious work right now but I don't come on here and complain about injuries guys missing or how the ref screwed us. Every team can lose on a given day and no doubt you guys have or had skill at one time....I think you just thought it was going to be a cake walk back to the provincials and it's turning out that the only way your going to go is if you win the playoffs.

On side note....any team from the division can win provincials there wasn't any team that we saw last year that was great...the team that won it the knights beat 4-1.

Hey Bulljive do you guys have the same team you had at provincials last year??

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You sound confident there, so why dont you put your money where your mouth is. Lets arrange a exhibition, between our two teams and make a side wager of $200 and see who wins?
You should win the bet easily especially with your goal scoring touch and all. If you actually touch the ball in the game you could do some serious damage. Oh wait, to touch the ball you actually have to be on the pitch, i forgot your nothing but a bench warmer/water boy. So if you want to set up an exhibition im sure our team would come together to shut your ugly ass up!

The Franchise said:
Set-up a game then.....you go to provincials thats great...but to go there and get embarassed every game is pointless.. i know your routine goalie was getting married we were missing our best player the young sweeper....great the point of this is that to come on here and praise how good you are then get shell shocked every week seems point-less and waste of post space.

Our team needs some work.....serious work right now but I don't come on here and complain about injuries guys missing or how the ref screwed us. Every team can lose on a given day and no doubt you guys have or had skill at one time....I think you just thought it was going to be a cake walk back to the provincials and it's turning out that the only way your going to go is if you win the playoffs.

On side note....any team from the division can win provincials there wasn't any team that we saw last year that was great...the team that won it the knights beat 4-1.

Hey Bulljive do you guys have the same team you had at provincials last year??

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
can anyone tell me about the poco athletics? Is this the same team that was in div 1 last year? they beat eagle ridge hades 5-2(good strikers or bad defence). Does any one even care about div2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0