Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - September 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like two teams that came up from div 3 are in second place, royals and hades. i'll let our play do the talking.

maybe i need glasses, but do i see Delta Metro in last? :wa:

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey, congrats on the 3 points, but if you honestly think you can shut us down, that is a joke. We are a team that does not have much depth right now, and have only 12 players coming out to games as is. So consider your team fortunate and lucky to be able to play us at this point in the season. However by the next time we play our full squad should be intact, and i can also back hurricane powers statement that we will win by 3 goals. Also im sure that NDFC and the two teams that got promoted into div 1 last year, the Geu knights and ND players can also verify that when we have a full squad we are a tough team to beat. Now i am not saying we will dominate div 2, but we will contend for promotion, along side NDFC, and the ageless Clones team.

redwoods said:
We watched a different game out there but if it makes you feel better to think that you had chance after chance well alright then. I agreed the ref was a little tough on you and maybe the red cards were a bit much but we would have still run off with the game. We were up at the time and only pressing for more! To say that you will beat us by 3 or more next time is a joke...I would be surprised to see you guys get 3 goals against us in a 5 game series. Your backline is shocking and the only member of your team with any skill was your keeper who made about 10 more saves that may have resulted in the game being 7 or 8 to one. Maybe you guys should relax on the sidelines yelling death threats to the ref and other team and concentrate on playing.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
hey, congrats on the 3 points, but if you honestly think you can shut us down, that is a joke. We are a team that does not have much depth right now, and have only 12 players coming out to games as is. So consider your team fortunate and lucky to be able to play us at this point in the season. However by the next time we play our full squad should be intact, and i can also back hurricane powers statement that we will win by 3 goals. Also im sure that NDFC and the two teams that got promoted into div 1 last year, the Geu knights and ND players can also verify that when we have a full squad we are a tough team to beat. Now i am not saying we will dominate div 2, but we will contend for promotion, along side NDFC, and the ageless Clones team.

You know this is a pointless conversation...I know you think you could beat us and that is fine, I hope you would think that. The fact of the matter is we won 4-1, the reffing aside we still would have won and you know it. The ref was fine in the first half and it wasn't until you guys starting to break down and become tired did the ref become an issue. I'm sure the next time we play it will be a hard fought game and maybe you will have a full squad but until then I say one thing"SCOREBOARD"

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes vs United

OK. So I'll throw in my two cents on the cards and the game.

Cards first... The Hurricanes forward took down our defender from behind with a sliding whack to the ankles. Our player, pissed off, got up, turned around and gave him a shove. Your player shoved him back. A number of players converged, our keeper came in and shoved your player, blah, blah, blah. Yellows to all three for the shoves... Unfortunately, your player already had a yellow...so you know what that means. As for the second red, that was given to your player (who I watched run from a fair distance (maybe 15 yards or so)) who jumped in with his knee up and two handed our player in the side of the head -- not a punch, but a pretty strong palm shot/shove. I'd consider it to be red cardable but I've seen it go both ways in the past. Obviously the ref thought he had to do something to get things under control and the red to your player was what he issued. Its a shame it happened at the same time as the second yellow to the other guy.

Where it fell apart was your guys response to the incident. Taking runs at guys from behind, whacking them needlessly, and the insults/threats and racial comments from your sideline only served to worsen your lot with the ref. Your players should know by now that when it gets to that point, the last thing you should do is swear at the ref, no matter what it is in reference to. I only hope for the last guy's sake, he doesn't get too many games for continuing to argue with the ref after he received his card.

The incident with your two "coaches" (?) after the game was understandable from my perspective. The ref was verbally threatened and abused from your sideline. I'm sure he wasn't certain what their intentions were. There is a referee's performance report that each team is supposed to submit after each game and you don't need to know the ref's name; the league will know that from their records. Just submit your report and they'll deal with it. The important thing to remember is that you need to do it each week. If you only submit for the games you're pissed off at, the league won't take your submission as seriously as if you post reports regularly.

BTW - The coaches yelling from the sidelines to go for our guys' legs didn't show a lot of class :confused: . Let's try to remember that going out to hurt guys shouldn't be on anyone's agenda. We all need to play hard and take what comes our way.

I was told it was a total of 4 reds for Hurricanes, but can only recall three. Either way, that's going to hurt you guys for at least one game and possibly more given the way the league has cracked down on red card offences the last couple years. Last year we received some heavy suspensions (3-4 games) for things that would have only been a game previous years :rolleyes: . Good luck.

I will admit that "domination" is a pretty strong word. We did well and had a number of good movements and opportunities in the first half. So did you. You got burned on the one non-PK call when Redwoods basically undressed your player from behind near the top of the box (Was it in the box? I couldn't tell from my vantage point, but nonetheless it was close and there was no call). The other PK claim(?)... I don't recall anything warranting it, but I'm old and my memory is short (no comments from you STD...! :p ).

I look forward to playing you guys with your full team. Not sure on the 3 goal difference, but I know it will be closely played. You've got some good skill; I just think you need to keep the composure together on the field :eek: - although we've all played in games like that one and been on both sides of the fence. Good luck and we'll catch you on the pitch later this season...

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
columbia bearcat's can anyone tell me anything about them where did they come from ? (besides their mom) poco has played them 2-1 poco ?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hurricanes vs United

Three cheers for "bitter cabbage"...the most insightful, diplomatic and reasoned post thus far this young season. Obviously, I wasn't at the game in question, but feel that both teams should agree that this is a fairly even and fair assessment of the situation. Regs, Rob??...kudos out to "cabbage for this one.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shaven said:
Three cheers for "bitter cabbage"...the most insightful, diplomatic and reasoned post thus far this young season. Obviously, I wasn't at the game in question, but feel that both teams should agree that this is a fairly even and fair assessment of the situation. Regs, Rob??...kudos out to "cabbage for this one.

don't encourage him!!! I'll never hear the end of it at practice.

But he is right, good post cabbage.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitter such long winded dribble like that is in need of a response but I don't have time for that now but stay tuned.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I am hearing the hurricanes could be dealt some heavy fines and heavy suspensions. last year oe of our players came on to the field after a cheap tackle by a player by the sideline and pushed him. he was dealt 8 games and our team 500 dollars. Also, verbal abuse is huge if the ref was chased off the field in his eyes don't be surprised if the league heavily considers kicking you guys out of the league or you guys are dealt out heavy suspension. WE were almost kicked out of the league for our incident. there is zero tolerance with regards to abuse of the officials so be ready for an extremely over the top exaggerated ref report. four players on suspension will leave the hurricanes hurting next week and another loss or two will take them completely out of the race.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
columbia bearcat's can anyone tell me anything about them where did they come from ? (besides their mom) poco has played them 2-1 poco ?

They told me they've been playing in the beer league for a few years... Not sure they're old enough to have been able to buy the beer during those seasons, but...

Young team, run a lot, but need to learn the game some more. Could show something later this season. They've got a blond striker with a ripper shot and a very strong, solid centre back. Their home park is tiny and reminds me of a couple of the summer league fields for poor quality.

Not much else to report.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
From what I am hearing the hurricanes could be dealt some heavy fines and heavy suspensions. last year oe of our players came on to the field after a cheap tackle by a player by the sideline and pushed him. he was dealt 8 games and our team 500 dollars. Also, verbal abuse is huge if the ref was chased off the field in his eyes don't be surprised if the league heavily considers kicking you guys out of the league or you guys are dealt out heavy suspension. WE were almost kicked out of the league for our incident. there is zero tolerance with regards to abuse of the officials so be ready for an extremely over the top exaggerated ref report. four players on suspension will leave the hurricanes hurting next week and another loss or two will take them completely out of the race.
Good frame of reference bulljive. No one has ever doubted the Hurricanes talent, but many have questioned their on an off pitch behaviour. I witnessed these last season in playing against them, and agree that heavy penalties will, and further should, be levied against this team for whatever they are found guilty of. There should be no whining from the Hurricanes about whatever they receive, as they have brought it upon themselves. I had hoped this season would bring more decorum from this team. I am disappointed to see it appears decorum is not forthcoming. Good luck Hurricanes, you're going to need it. :eek:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bitter_cabbage said:
OK. So I'll throw in my two cents on the cards and the game.

(Don't over value your opinion)

The Hurricanes forward took down our defender from behind with a sliding whack to the ankles.

(Gee a tackle from behind and a wack at the ankles you wouldn't happen to know a dirty red headed German player who would do that would you.)

As for the second red, that was given to your player (who I watched run from a fair distance (maybe 15 yards or so))

(I know 15 yards seems like a marathon for you but its really not that far)

Where it fell apart was your guys response to the incident. Taking runs at guys from behind, whacking them needlessly,

(Again I think they took a page out of your play book)

You got burned on the one non-PK call when Redwoods basically undressed your player from behind

(I could never knock a man for his sexuall preference)

The other PK claim(?)... I don't recall anything warranting it, but I'm old and my memory is short (no comments from you STD...! :p ).

(I could have gone with the easy one and say your memory is not the only thing that is short but you told me not to comment and that comment would be beneath me.)

Next time you are going to write a novel let me know when it is going to come out in paper back so I can keep next to my bed for when I have trouble sleeping.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

STD...

Gee, I can't believe it took you that long to come up with that! You're slowing in your old age...

PS. You're the only guy I'd whack...on purpose...and that was in practice sessions in order to ensure we didn't feel obligated to play you. :)

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was the one who got the 2nd red card for coming in with my elbow up after your goalie got involved with our player who was already involved with someone. I don't disagree that it could have gone either way b/w yellow and red. Some refs will give a yellow for that and others will give a red. But if I was gonna get a red for gettin involved, so should have your goalie. Just my two cents. As for the 2 guys that approached the ref, they were not coaches, they were fans. I am the player/coach on this team. Unfortunately, I was not near the sideline this happened to control it cuz I had the red card and was supposed to stay away. I'm not sure which racial comments you refer to. Nothing came from our players. There was the 3 of us with red cards plus one sub on the sideline and we never made any remarks towards any of your players. The fans were down the sideline from us and I'm not sure what they said although I would hope they didn't say anything racial.

We did only get 3 reds not 4. Hopefully the suspensions won't be long. We only had 1 red all of last year along with 4 yellows so our track record is good. Personally, that was my first red in over 6 years in the league.

Like I said, congrats on the win and we look forward to playing you the next time. We know you'll be in contention and by that time, we expect that we will also be in contention for the division title.[

QUOTE=bitter_cabbage]OK. So I'll throw in my two cents on the cards and the game.

Cards first... The Hurricanes forward took down our defender from behind with a sliding whack to the ankles. Our player, pissed off, got up, turned around and gave him a shove. Your player shoved him back. A number of players converged, our keeper came in and shoved your player, blah, blah, blah. Yellows to all three for the shoves... Unfortunately, your player already had a yellow...so you know what that means. As for the second red, that was given to your player (who I watched run from a fair distance (maybe 15 yards or so)) who jumped in with his knee up and two handed our player in the side of the head -- not a punch, but a pretty strong palm shot/shove. I'd consider it to be red cardable but I've seen it go both ways in the past. Obviously the ref thought he had to do something to get things under control and the red to your player was what he issued. Its a shame it happened at the same time as the second yellow to the other guy.

Where it fell apart was your guys response to the incident. Taking runs at guys from behind, whacking them needlessly, and the insults/threats and racial comments from your sideline only served to worsen your lot with the ref. Your players should know by now that when it gets to that point, the last thing you should do is swear at the ref, no matter what it is in reference to. I only hope for the last guy's sake, he doesn't get too many games for continuing to argue with the ref after he received his card.

The incident with your two "coaches" (?) after the game was understandable from my perspective. The ref was verbally threatened and abused from your sideline. I'm sure he wasn't certain what their intentions were. There is a referee's performance report that each team is supposed to submit after each game and you don't need to know the ref's name; the league will know that from their records. Just submit your report and they'll deal with it. The important thing to remember is that you need to do it each week. If you only submit for the games you're pissed off at, the league won't take your submission as seriously as if you post reports regularly.

BTW - The coaches yelling from the sidelines to go for our guys' legs didn't show a lot of class :confused: . Let's try to remember that going out to hurt guys shouldn't be on anyone's agenda. We all need to play hard and take what comes our way.

I was told it was a total of 4 reds for Hurricanes, but can only recall three. Either way, that's going to hurt you guys for at least one game and possibly more given the way the league has cracked down on red card offences the last couple years. Last year we received some heavy suspensions (3-4 games) for things that would have only been a game previous years :rolleyes: . Good luck.

I will admit that "domination" is a pretty strong word. We did well and had a number of good movements and opportunities in the first half. So did you. You got burned on the one non-PK call when Redwoods basically undressed your player from behind near the top of the box (Was it in the box? I couldn't tell from my vantage point, but nonetheless it was close and there was no call). The other PK claim(?)... I don't recall anything warranting it, but I'm old and my memory is short (no comments from you STD...! :p ).

I look forward to playing you guys with your full team. Not sure on the 3 goal difference, but I know it will be closely played. You've got some good skill; I just think you need to keep the composure together on the field :eek: - although we've all played in games like that one and been on both sides of the fence. Good luck and we'll catch you on the pitch later this season...[/QUOTE]

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitter I guess I will have to get myself up to the speed and witt of your div. 2 forum. Yes you are div 2 remember. Say it with really fast and it won't hurt so much. I am div.2, I am div. 2, I am div 2,. Feel better now.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Bitter I guess I will have to get myself up to the speed and witt of your div. 2 forum. Yes you are div 2 remember. Say it with really fast and it won't hurt so much. I am div.2, I am div. 2, I am div 2,. Feel better now.

Nope! :mad: :(

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV 2?? I thought i was playing in front of thousands of adoring fans, getting paid huge cash.... hey, I think the same thing when I'm having sex, living in a fantasy world is fine as long as the medication keeps on coming!!!

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricane Power said:
I was the one who got the 2nd red card for coming in with my elbow up after your goalie got involved with our player who was already involved with someone. I don't disagree that it could have gone either way b/w yellow and red. Some refs will give a yellow for that and others will give a red. But if I was gonna get a red for gettin involved, so should have your goalie. Just my two cents.

Hurricane -- Let's hope for your sake that the ref has included the two kiss of death words in his report: "Violent Conduct". I was told last year by the head of the discipline committee that if it is reported as such, the suspension starts at 3 games and goes up from there. That explains the rash of long term suspensions last year.

Hurricane Power said:
I'm not sure which racial comments you refer to. Nothing came from our players. There was the 3 of us with red cards plus one sub on the sideline and we never made any remarks towards any of your players. The fans were down the sideline from us and I'm not sure what they said although I would hope they didn't say anything racial.

Personally, I didn't hear it, but I was told so by the guys playing on that side of the field. They could be full of crap, but I can't be sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0