Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - September 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hurricanes vs United

I don't think he would have put violent conduct in the report as there was no punches or anything of that sort thrown. All I did was run in and try to shove the goalie after he was third man in in the original altercation. Somebody tried to push me out of the way and I got my elbow up in his chest area. If the ref wants to call that violent conduct, I'll deal with it at the discipline hearing. We've signed a couple of new guys so hopefully that'll make up for the loss of 3 guys next week.

bitter_cabbage said:
Hurricane -- Let's hope for your sake that the ref has included the two kiss of death words in his report: "Violent Conduct". I was told last year by the head of the discipline committee that if it is reported as such, the suspension starts at 3 games and goes up from there. That explains the rash of long term suspensions last year.

Personally, I didn't hear it, but I was told so by the guys playing on that side of the field. They could be full of crap, but I can't be sure...

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well i personally think that 2 of our cards were justifiable. But the one i got for just talking was stupid. i didnt even directly swear at the ref. The most i should have gotten was a yellow. That was the worst reffing i have ever seen in my life, its just seemed so onesided to me. But you guys played a solid game, the next time we meet it'll be a battle.

bitter_cabbage said:
OK. So I'll throw in my two cents on the cards and the game.
Cards first... The Hurricanes forward took down our defender from behind with a sliding whack to the ankles. Our player, pissed off, got up, turned around and gave him a shove. Your player shoved him back. A number of players converged, our keeper came in and shoved your player, blah, blah, blah. Yellows to all three for the shoves... Unfortunately, your player already had a yellow...so you know what that means. As for the second red, that was given to your player (who I watched run from a fair distance (maybe 15 yards or so)) who jumped in with his knee up and two handed our player in the side of the head -- not a punch, but a pretty strong palm shot/shove. I'd consider it to be red cardable but I've seen it go both ways in the past. Obviously the ref thought he had to do something to get things under control and the red to your player was what he issued. Its a shame it happened at the same time as the second yellow to the other guy.

Where it fell apart was your guys response to the incident. Taking runs at guys from behind, whacking them needlessly, and the insults/threats and racial comments from your sideline only served to worsen your lot with the ref. Your players should know by now that when it gets to that point, the last thing you should do is swear at the ref, no matter what it is in reference to. I only hope for the last guy's sake, he doesn't get too many games for continuing to argue with the ref after he received his card.

The incident with your two "coaches" (?) after the game was understandable from my perspective. The ref was verbally threatened and abused from your sideline. I'm sure he wasn't certain what their intentions were. There is a referee's performance report that each team is supposed to submit after each game and you don't need to know the ref's name; the league will know that from their records. Just submit your report and they'll deal with it. The important thing to remember is that you need to do it each week. If you only submit for the games you're pissed off at, the league won't take your submission as seriously as if you post reports regularly.

BTW - The coaches yelling from the sidelines to go for our guys' legs didn't show a lot of class :confused: . Let's try to remember that going out to hurt guys shouldn't be on anyone's agenda. We all need to play hard and take what comes our way.

I was told it was a total of 4 reds for Hurricanes, but can only recall three. Either way, that's going to hurt you guys for at least one game and possibly more given the way the league has cracked down on red card offences the last couple years. Last year we received some heavy suspensions (3-4 games) for things that would have only been a game previous years :rolleyes: . Good luck.

I will admit that "domination" is a pretty strong word. We did well and had a number of good movements and opportunities in the first half. So did you. You got burned on the one non-PK call when Redwoods basically undressed your player from behind near the top of the box (Was it in the box? I couldn't tell from my vantage point, but nonetheless it was close and there was no call). The other PK claim(?)... I don't recall anything warranting it, but I'm old and my memory is short (no comments from you STD...! :p ).

I look forward to playing you guys with your full team. Not sure on the 3 goal difference, but I know it will be closely played. You've got some good skill; I just think you need to keep the composure together on the field :eek: - although we've all played in games like that one and been on both sides of the fence. Good luck and we'll catch you on the pitch later this season...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have an idea why doesn't one more person take the longest, most boring post and do a full quote once again.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bitter_cabbage said:
Hurricane -- Let's hope for your sake that the ref has included the two kiss of death words in his report: "Violent Conduct". I was told last year by the head of the discipline committee that if it is reported as such, the suspension starts at 3 games and goes up from there. That explains the rash of long term suspensions last year.

Personally, I didn't hear it, but I was told so by the guys playing on that side of the field. They could be full of crap, but I can't be sure...

Just to let you know that the ref does check the site and Mr. Blindman is a great ref had many times last season.

No doubt the hurricanes are good but fans of your team are your reponsiablity and there actions will fall back on you....you will get a heavy fine....this same thing happen last year to the ref when he got spit on and the player hasn't seen the pitch yet and a had a huge fine.....blindman doesn't put up with unclassy shite directed at him and I am pretty sure you would get of there two in a team of 20 players and two guys were chasing you........

Good luck next week....i think you'll need it

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricane Power said:
I don't think he would have put violent conduct in the report as there was no punches or anything of that sort thrown. All I did was run in and try to shove the goalie after he was third man in in the original altercation. Somebody tried to push me out of the way and I got my elbow up in his chest area. If the ref wants to call that violent conduct, I'll deal with it at the discipline hearing. We've signed a couple of new guys so hopefully that'll make up for the loss of 3 guys next week.

What would you call it then :confused:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:
Just to let you know that the ref does check the site and Mr. Blindman is a great ref had many times last season.

No doubt the hurricanes are good but fans of your team are your reponsiablity and there actions will fall back on you....you will get a heavy fine....this same thing happen last year to the ref when he got spit on and the player hasn't seen the pitch yet and a had a huge fine.....blindman doesn't put up with unclassy shite directed at him and I am pretty sure you would get of there two in a team of 20 players and two guys were chasing you........

Good luck next week....i think you'll need it

Meant to say pretty sure you would get out of there too, if a team of 20 guys and 2 fans were chasing you!!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't know where you get this chasin stuff from. Our team was on our sideline (opposite side from where ref was). The 2 fans went over and demanded to talk to the ref. He did what a ref is supposed to do and removed himself from the situation. He has no responsibility to talk to the fans. The fans never chased him though as they stayed on the sideline whereas he left to the parking lot and his car. We'll see what happens, but the league knows our track record and if you talk to any ref who has had us multiple times, they will tell you we are one of the easiest teams to ref. I've had many refs come up to me and tell me that.

I guess you are tryin to stir up shite in this forum but then that's what the forum is all about.

The Franchise said:
Meant to say pretty sure you would get out of there too, if a team of 20 guys and 2 fans were chasing you!!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricane Power said:
Don't know where you get this chasin stuff from. Our team was on our sideline (opposite side from where ref was). The 2 fans went over and demanded to talk to the ref. He did what a ref is supposed to do and removed himself from the situation. He has no responsibility to talk to the fans. The fans never chased him though as they stayed on the sideline whereas he left to the parking lot and his car. We'll see what happens, but the league knows our track record and if you talk to any ref who has had us multiple times, they will tell you we are one of the easiest teams to ref. I've had many refs come up to me and tell me that.

I guess you are tryin to stir up shite in this forum but then that's what the forum is all about.
I feel I need to weigh in on this...Hurricane, I've played your squad multiple times in the past season or so, and have to contradict your claim that the Hurricanes are one of the easiest teams to ref. I have known your squad to be rude, obscene in language, and disrespectful to the game and those involved in it. If the response to the alleged incident (whatever the true version is) on this forum is any indication, I'd say that I'm not alone in believing that your squad is less than credible in any assertion that you and/or you fans are above such tactics. Having been on the field of play with your fans on the sidelines, I have to believe that there is something to the allegation that your fans were involved in misconduct towards the referee. I'm not saying that they are guilty of whatever is being asserted here, but there must be something relatively close to the truth here. Put this issue to rest, wait for the outcome of the discipline hearings, and take your lumps for whatever you're found guilty of. Oh, your team's allegations towards the referee's integrity don't appear to have much support amongst your fellow league members represented on TTP, so that must tell you all how much weight those claims don't carry.
On a better vein, predictions for the weekend? Here's one....WRU 3 - Abby SC 1

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the rest of my predictions for 2A:

ERU 1 - NDFC 2
GEU 2- NDTitans 2
Royals 3 - Aldergrove 2

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blindman would love to comment on particulars but won't. However, for educational purposes, I've copied a definition of serious foul play and violent conduct from a US referee's website for those who are interested in knowing the difference. Basically, in order for a send off to be classified as serious foul play, it must have occured during a challenge for the ball.

2. It is serious foul play when a player uses violence (excessive force; formerly defined as "disproportionate and unnecessary strength") when challenging for the ball on the field against an opponent. There can be no serious foul play against a teammate, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc. The use of violence or excessive force against an opponent under any other conditions must be punished as violent conduct. It is violent conduct when a player (or substitute) is guilty of aggression towards an opponent (when they are not contesting for the ball) or towards any other person (one of his teammates, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc.). The ball can be in or out of play. The aggression can occur either on or off the field of play. (ATR 12.33 and 12.34)

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricane Power said:
You never been involved in a pushin and shovin match????

a pushin match........hahahah....i was in grade three then i learned how to throw a punch and there was never any pushing going on again......if your mad enough to push and shove someone...might as well do 'em in......thats why lacrosse is such a great sport...sad to see that a 28years old can only push and shove.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

watched rippers game on sat and they played alot better than their opponents (aldergrove?????not sure) the score was 3-1 or something what im trying to figure out is how the other team scored..i never saw their goal but the rippers had the ball forever in aldergrove??'s 18...shot after shot after shot....saint jr had a good game (if saint jr number 4 which i think he is) well done......but good on ya, keep up with the winning and then hopefully when we meet it'll be for top spot in the division..and thats how it should be...two best teams in div battle it out should be fun....good luck on sun...
dopeashell....out

ps...pushing match hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Arent you the same pylon we walked around enroute to the knights league cup final win? Thought so, so shut the **** up.
dopeashell said:
a pushin match........hahahah....i was in grade three then i learned how to throw a punch and there was never any pushing going on again......if your mad enough to push and shove someone...might as well do 'em in......thats why lacrosse is such a great sport...sad to see that a 28years old can only push and shove.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

watched rippers game on sat and they played alot better than their opponents (aldergrove?????not sure) the score was 3-1 or something what im trying to figure out is how the other team scored..i never saw their goal but the rippers had the ball forever in aldergrove??'s 18...shot after shot after shot....saint jr had a good game (if saint jr number 4 which i think he is) well done......but good on ya, keep up with the winning and then hopefully when we meet it'll be for top spot in the division..and thats how it should be...two best teams in div battle it out should be fun....good luck on sun...
dopeashell....out

ps...pushing match hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sheep
whats going on with tigers, another slow start this year?
thought you guys would be fast out of the gate considering your seconf half
last year.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
Here's the rest of my predictions for 2A:

ERU 1 - NDFC 2
GEU 2- NDTitans 2
Royals 3 - Aldergrove 2

much respect for that shaven, but we'll be missing our top scorer this weekend as some ass from our game last weekend (eagleridge united) tackled him from behind (it was in the box, we got the pk) and as it turns out he got a pretty bad ankle injury from that. so it'll be a tight game for sure, soccer mom is gonna have to step up and bring those oranges.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

blindman said:
Blindman would love to comment on particulars but won't. However, for educational purposes, I've copied a definition of serious foul play and violent conduct from a US referee's website for those who are interested in knowing the difference. Basically, in order for a send off to be classified as serious foul play, it must have occured during a challenge for the ball.

2. It is serious foul play when a player uses violence (excessive force; formerly defined as "disproportionate and unnecessary strength") when challenging for the ball on the field against an opponent. There can be no serious foul play against a teammate, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc. The use of violence or excessive force against an opponent under any other conditions must be punished as violent conduct. It is violent conduct when a player (or substitute) is guilty of aggression towards an opponent (when they are not contesting for the ball) or towards any other person (one of his teammates, the referee, an assistant referee, a spectator, etc.). The ball can be in or out of play. The aggression can occur either on or off the field of play. (ATR 12.33 and 12.34)

Well there's your answer hurricane...doesn't that wrap up your whole game in a short paragraph!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

08star said:
Arent you the same pylon we walked around enroute to the knights league cup final win? Thought so, so shut the **** up.

Are you the same pylon that let 19 goals enter your net at provincials and then start the year of with a bang and let a cool 10+ good on ya!!!

Good luck this week :D

saint jr

Oct 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive and dopey, what's going on here. giving the rippers credit really is a good piss take. it's going to be a good little game on the 6th of november, my beer of choice is stella so keep it chilled for me thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0