Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDU great bunch of lads. It was great to see some former Mucker teamates. I have to say as upsetting as it was to have a penno called against us with 3 minutes left. The ref made a gutsy but correct call on the penno.

Nice win Delta, win it all so we can at least say the champions beat us. As far as the federales this is what sucks about FVSL is the pitches don't have dressing rooms or areas to allow us to hold after game functions.

Proud of my teamates good year for a first year team that had many struggles and frustrating losses.

Cheers to Acid Tongue and his boys! Best Cooler in the league and a class act of guys!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That rounds out the quarters leaving:

Delta
Poco
Mission
NDA

All expected to win with the AllBlacks almost pulling off the upset and the Lords of Langley making it close vs NDA.

It doesn't matter who draws who at this time as all 4 teams are very good and capable of winning the cup.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDU great bunch of lads. It was great to see some former Mucker teamates. I have to say as upsetting as it was to have a penno called against us with 3 minutes left. The ref made a gutsy but correct call on the penno.

Nice win Delta, win it all so we can at least say the champions beat us. As far as the federales this is what sucks about FVSL is the pitches don't have dressing rooms or areas to allow us to hold after game functions.

Proud of my teamates good year for a first year team that had many struggles and frustrating losses.

Cheers to Acid Tongue and his boys! Best Cooler in the league and a class act of guys!

I'll echo this.

NDUA definitely had a possession edge 1st half. We didn't help ourselves w/ giveaway after giveaway. Going in, we decided to commit to a tight defensive system, which unfortunately is ugly to watch and play...but NDUA will likely agree the chances (both ways) in the 1st were pretty slim. Their goal in the 1st was scrambly. 2nd half was more even as we started releasing from our marks to push the pace. Our goal was equally scrambly.

The call in the end was one of those discretionary calls. Some refs would choose not to call that (ball to hand), but- by the book- it was the correct call. Ref was right there and on top of it. That's the way things go sometimes. Whadayagonnado?

Great feast after, and good times! in the wings, it was my truck (since it was the one where all the bar-b-q stuff was going on at) they asked about, and subsequently, my license they were checking into. In the end, I suppose they could have got me for having an open bottle of booze in a public place, and parking in a handicapped spot, but the hot babe cop just said it would be in my best interest to get a ride home w/ someone sober. I did, and we all cleared out w/ no incident or tickets. Bummer ending to the feats, but could have been far worse if one was in a shitty mood.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah we won 2-1, that is great.

Good effort by both teams, not the best game ever played.For a lot of us though on both teams it really is good enough at forty something to just get out for a game with your buddies on a beautiful night, have the kids out watching their broken down old dads run around and hopefully not embarrass themselves to much.

Enough about the game......Langley well done boys! Ranger Forever you proved again what a class act you are. The spread you guys put on and treated us too last night well, It can't be topped.Us NDU boys try to do it right after our games as most of the teams can attest too that have been to Delsom ,but not even close to last night.You boys raised the bar.

Here is the set up.

BBQ (to much to list)
Deep fryer (Chicken)
Stove (Pasta)
Appy's
And to top it all off a portable propane fire pit,Nice!!!!!!!!!!

R.F. picks up the tab too and wouldn't take a dime. At least he let us buy him a few cool ones.

We will take care of you guys at our next home game at Delsom!

Fraser, Rob J and the rest of the Lords of Langley Thank you and Cheers!

PS Hey Dude I hope that safe ride was in the back seat of the cop car with the handcuffs and the hot cop!Who got the ride though?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish Acid! The closest I got to her was in my hangover horney dreams this morning.

No, Tupper, who had (or claimed to have had) only one drove my truck, and RF followed to my place...where we in turned finished 1/2 a bottle of Grand Marnier, and a couple of cold ones. Actually, RF did most of the finishing. It was was leftover from Turducken '09, supplied by RF himself.

It was a fun night...wish we could do it every game...and RobJ makes a great point...it'd be nice to have facilities where we don't have to worry about the cops. Maybe it was the proximity to houses...who knows.

So...yes, deffinitely...huge thanks to RF for coming up w/ the idea of hosting you boys. It was a lot of fun.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi finals set:

ND v Mission 7pm
POCO v Delta 9m

Both games at Willoughby west.

Looking forwards to it!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi finals set:

ND v Mission 7pm
POCO v Delta 9m

Both games at Willoughby west.

Looking forwards to it!

Fackin' 9pm. Us old farts will be half asleep by then. Surely there is a time earlier than that. This is Delta's regular time - all sounds a bit fishy to me. Advantage Delta before we even show up.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fackin' 9pm. Us old farts will be half asleep by then. Surely there is a time earlier than that. This is Delta's regular time - all sounds a bit fishy to me. Advantage Delta before we even show up.

JTL

I guess that means we will be short players, that is unfortunate.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You meant to say you will only be playing with all your short players? :D

You guys are alwayslooking for an edge!

HJ

Unfortunately Handjob we are struggling to field a full team as it is as we are riddled with injuries and the 9pm slot hurts us as 3 or 4 guys work shift work and start at 10pm.

JTL

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Handjob we are struggling to field a full team as it is as we are riddled with injuries and the 9pm slot hurts us as 3 or 4 guys work shift work and start at 10pm.

JTL

Join the club Jack Me Off.....its the same for everyone. You guys have managed well this year. I am sure you could have the same conversation with every team.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL

Some things just don't change do they? :D

Congrats to PoCo, Delta, NDUA and Mission moving on.

Well done AllBlacks on making it oh so close!

Saturday night was tough for me to urge my team on to kick the hell out of my mates from North Delta.
But I settled in quite nicley after about a minute. :D

Seriously though, I had a good chuckle to myself after thinking about how I've played so much fitba with so many guys on that squad for God knows how long.
Whether it be in Youth, Winter, Summer, or the Scotland Ethnic team, I've been friends with you guys longer than I'd like to admit.
Very cool.

Acid Tongue:
You forgot about the deep fried roast and yam fries. :wa:

I can't thank my team enough for stepping up and chipping in to make the social an unbelievable time.
And, I thought they played a hell of a game - As much as we were snowed under in the 1st half I sincerely feel we made a match of it the 2nd.
I couldn't see the PK as Timmy's back was in front of me but trust that as much as it was a tough call, it was the right call.
I went one way - Jordy went the other.
Fcuk...:eek:

The one good yap I heard in the match, and I believe it came from Utah, was 'Someone pick up on Burt Reynolds!' off a throw in or free kick. :D
Sorry Scotty - Gotta love that firefighter stache though! ;)

Lastly, it was cool to play in front of a decent crowd.
There were my buddies from SU and other folk and friends there that made the atmosphere awesome.
Thanks for that for those that came out.

I won't be there for the semis unfortunately as I've got another 'engagement' that night booked months ago but will see if I can get out of it.
Pissed that it's in my fcuking back yard and I'm likely going to miss it.
The first game anyway. :mad:

Cheers and again best of luck to everyone still in it,
RF

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well thats it for another year...mixed bag for the Ballsacks...struggled in the first half with far to many ties but with a few pickups made a respectable run in the second. Looks like both Langley teams tightened up at the end.
Mission are a tough bunch and altho they may have had a bit more of the ball, we aquitted ourselves much better than the last time we met and I thought we deserved the tie to go to penos. First 4 shots went in on Millsy and myself with both of us saving the 5th...the game was decided on the 6th shot when we put one off the bar and me going the wrong way for the Mission win...good fun hard game for everyone involved.
Altho dissapointed not to reach the first tier for next year I am hopeful the competition will be good and we may have a chance at moving up again! Look forward to the fierce Langley Derby in Div 1 next year!:eek:
Good friends, good beer, and good times make up for everything after the game. :wa:
Good Luck to all who went thru!

Death Or Glory!
TLF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF...thank you for your touching sentiments. Everyone is so happy for you!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaaPTUbaH_s"]YouTube- Oprah Winfrey Acceptance Speech - 1998[/ame]

Hopefully you can free yourself up for the next match, you big beacon of light...

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done RF,wish i could have stayed longer,i was just warming up! Thanks again 'Lords of Langley'.....Lookin' forward to Mission.I missed you last time Millsy but i'll be there for the semi's.Be generous.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy is always generous. For facks sakes RF, you and these Alumni (Ranger wannabes) need to get together, bend each other over and be done with this love fest. Getting tiresome.

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0