Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL MASTERS DIV 2

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, I attach a link to our field to help you get there on time SouthSurreyAthleticPark

thanks for the map but we are already sorted. team flew into N'Djamena yesterday morning, we had a quick training session in the afternoon to get acclimatized and had a great night's sleep. we've been hanging out at the beach on the Chari River, people are really nice, in fact we have a few coming out tonight to cheer us on !

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the map but we are already sorted
Good to hear you made it - you might want to apply the sun screen during training.
The ref has been informed of the field change and is preparing his flip flops accordingly....that'll probably be an improvement on keeping up with play after the guy that was out at Gates!

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh oh, am i hearing excuses for the 2 - 1 drubbing we laid on you guys back in November ?
...I did actually mean the ref effect on both sides.
However, if you're talking excuses, I do have a couple of books full of them - I can let you borrow them after tonight's game if you want? I doubt I'll need them.

Xanthophii

Oct 20, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

i - Record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied
ii - goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied
iii - a playoff between the team or teams"

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

i - Record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied
ii - goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied
iii - a playoff between the team or teams"

Is this the only league that has head to head record as the first tie breaker!!?? doesn't every top league in the world go GD as the first tie breaker...guess Coastal must have lost too many titles on GD over the years!!

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the Stars reaction to the ref after losing tonight i'd be surprised if the FVSL would want them back in the league next season...felt sorry for the ref...tough game when the stars are rolling all over the place when not even touched...finish your chances then there is no need to get on the ref's back...thought he did well tonight considering some of the play acting!!

Go play VMSL like you said if the whole FVSL is against you like you say...we don't need the drama since we have enough with some of the refs we have!!

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, surprised at the Bullets 2 - 1 Stars result, makes that tie against Coastal Rangers really hurt now :( A win against Temple next week would tie us in points but the first tie breaker is results against each other, the Stars beat us both times.

Congrats to the Stars for a well-deserved league title ! Regardless what other TTPers think of your team, IMO you were the best in our division.

Congrats to our guys as well, a first year team, we have locked up 2nd place and promotion to 1st Div. If we can beat Temple next weekend we will tie in points for 1st place and end up with the most goals scored and if we keep a clean sheet, which has been hard to do for us lately, we will have conceded the least amount of goals.

Looking forward to our last league game next weekend and then to, hopefully, a long cup run !

St James

Oct 23, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, surprised at the Bullets 2 - 1 Stars result, makes that tie against Coastal Rangers really hurt now :( A win against Temple next week would tie us in points but the first tie breaker is results against each other, the Stars beat us both times.

Congrats to the Stars for a well-deserved league title ! Regardless what other TTPers think of your team, IMO you were the best in our division.

Congrats to our guys as well, a first year team, we have locked up 2nd place and promotion to 1st Div. If we can beat Temple next weekend we will tie in points for 1st place and end up with the most goals scored and if we keep a clean sheet, which has been hard to do for us lately, we will have conceded the least amount of goals.

Looking forward to our last league game next weekend and then to, hopefully, a long cup run !

No question we lost to bullet, stars did the playing and bullet did the scoring. However it is very interesting that the two new teams in div 2 are going to division 1, I personally enjoyed playing with some classy discipline players from poco, cfc rangers, caps and vintage. Cheers! congratulation to poco I will say they were the most consistent team in this division.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
However it is very interesting that the two new teams in div 2 are going to division 1

Firstly, well done to the Stars for winning the Division title (although as said by Sniffer earlier, winning on record against rather than goal difference is a a bit of a tough one for the Poco lads to put up with - if they beat Temple;))....and to continue to burst Poco's bubble, I think it's only the Stars that will be moving up. This came out to the teams earlier in the season and is up on the FVSL website:

Masters Div 1 - 1st Place team wins Masters Div 1 Trophy
  • Promoted to Premier - 1st
  • Last Place team relegated to Masters Div 2
Masters Div 2 - 1st PLace team wins Masters Div 2 Trophy

• Promoted to Div 1 - 1st
Anyway, that was good first run at a Masters Div 2 and really not much in it for the top five teams. The Stars will find the calibre of soccer much the same in Div 1 as we played most of those teams last year and again it's really only the top few that are a bit better.

On to the cup in a couple of weeks
Cheers all

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firstly, well done to the Stars for winning the Division title (although as said by Sniffer earlier, winning on record against rather than goal difference is a a bit of a tough one for the Poco lads to put up with - if they beat Temple;))....and to continue to burst Poco's bubble, I think it's only the Stars that will be moving up. This came out to the teams earlier in the season and is up on the FVSL website:

Masters Div 1 - 1st Place team wins Masters Div 1 Trophy

• Promoted to Premier - 1st
  • Last Place team relegated to Masters Div 2
Masters Div 2 - 1st PLace team wins Masters Div 2 Trophy

• Promoted to Div 1 - 1st
Anyway, that was good first run at a Masters Div 2 and really not much in it for the top five teams. The Stars will find the calibre of soccer much the same in Div 1 as we played most of those teams last year and again it's really only the top few that are a bit better.

On to the cup in a couple of weeks
Cheers all
so 7 teams in prem again.
congrats to all div 2 chumpys

CASTROYCHE

Oct 25, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck to all the Teams in their respective teams, well hard fought games this season for the most part. and of course the TPP Banter. Much respect to the NSR, Coastal, Vintage, Temple, Caps, Bullets, Heat, White Rock ( What happened with you guys?) and the core handfull of players from NDU for your quality and class on the field its the ones that batlle and show up to the ugly games these guys give a good name to the sport that we all love. Cheers guys. This is My First and Last happy mail on TTP On to Div ! Thanks for the recognition I am sure there be many more battles !

olosepoh

Sep 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know the FVSL had a div! ... Must be a new division that allows you to play in two leagues at the same time

Rikitikitavi

Nov 3, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also any report from the Poco vs Temple game - Mackers/Redwoods?

Temple 0 - 1 NSR. We scored on a penalty with about 20 mins left. Corner wasn't dealt with, ball came back in from opposite side to unmarked player in six yard box who turned it in; their guy on the post raised his elbow and blocked the shot with it; he got sent off and we scored the penalty. After that the game was pretty tame. They played much better than last time (they had subs this time!) but we could/should have potted 2-3 in the first half...

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSR 1 - 0 Temple

Thought we had most of the play all night and should have had more than just the 1 goal, but kudos to the Temple lads for playing hard.

Looking forward to the cup starting next week.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0