Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 2, Poco 0.

Aldergrove work hard but have little skill. We just crapped all over the bed again.

Solid opening half hour followed by 15 terrible minutes in which they scored twice. Then we take over the game in terms of possession, but just can't score. We did have a 2-1 goal called back on a dodgy offside that could have changed things, but we just weren't sharp enough in the final third today.

Can somebody tell Aldergrove's city workers that they need the goats out chewing the pitch down a bit more? That was some long grass we were playing in today.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think its a good rule. I think it comes into question when one player plays for more than one team in the same division - that doesn't make much sense to me. But if you can take advantage of the loop hole then why wouldn't you.

It will be very interesting to see if Warren allows Kusch to play this week with PAU vs Castilians. Kusch has taken a card in every game he has ever played against us as the battles between him and the Gray brothers particularly Jarret are epic. As far as the standings go, PAU and PAD are also tied for top spot right now and the Castilians are in the middle of the pack. A win for the Castilians next week would actually do PAD a favour. So the dilemma is does Warren do the club a favour or does he do his team a favour. PAD and PAU also play each other the following week - Kuschy takes a card against the Castilians when he's playing for PAU and then can't play against them (PAU) the following week for his own team (PAD).

Hopefully we get enough bodies out next week vs the top team in the league. Two injuries last week vs Delta will hurt us. Blakeway and Heald also absent coaching academy teams and our captain, RP likely still suspended - it could be a long night for us.

JTL

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 2, Poco 0.

Aldergrove work hard but have little skill. We just crapped all over the bed again.

Solid opening half hour followed by 15 terrible minutes in which they scored twice. Then we take over the game in terms of possession, but just can't score. We did have a 2-1 goal called back on a dodgy offside that could have changed things, but we just weren't sharp enough in the final third today.

Can somebody tell Aldergrove's city workers that they need the goats out chewing the pitch down a bit more? That was some long grass we were playing in today.

It was a frustrating game...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
its so good players are eligable to help any team in the club. Jelous? Join a club so you can do it too. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I thought that playing up was used to have lower division (and skilled) players fill in the top teams to fill out rosters when injuries etc were a problem. Not have top players sign down to play on every team. I could be wrong though. It's happened once before. ;)

Not hating the player or the game. Good on you for having guys that are willing to do that, or have the time to do that. Feel sorry for the Div 2 and 1 teams that have to play against Kusch tho.
Or does he just play Premier and Masters? And if so, who sign where he did?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has that changed as a rule K? Didn't CJ play with all the Masters teams in past years?

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It may be reasonable until the PA teams actually use this flexibility against their own teams...seems a bit fckd to me in the case when a "skilled" player signed to a Div 2 team (with no intention of playing there) is then used by one PA team against another.
Yeah I know, just sour grapes coz we lost....but in Master Div 1....when you've already got a 25 man roster....and playing as the home team?!?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in the FVSL a player can CAT with other Masters teams in his own club, am I correct?

You are correct and it's a ****ing joke. Craig Edwards and Kusch will play for both PAU premier teams this year and will also play for PAU Alumni trying to get them promoted.

Last year the dragons lost their keeper to a four game suspension. They actually upgraded when Edwards played in net for them for the four games. He was actually double dipping in weekends plating two premier games. This all because he "signed" with the div 1 masters team.

Should be interesting to see where both guys transfer too in early January when players are tied to their teams....

How the fvsl brass allow shite like this to happen is beyond me

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MASTERS PREMIER

Week 5 results:

Delta United 0
- Poco Castilians FC 2
South Delta FC 1