Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: the Delta Derby

Not much to add from what has been said. Delta United came out hard and fast and dominated much of the first half. Their first goal was a gift, courtesy of a bad pass by our sweeper. The second goal came off a scramble after a free kick. The ball popped out of a pack to Jolly who slotted it from six yards. Second half was uneventful, neither team created much.

Will say that the grass field was great to play on, hope it holds up over the winter. The refs/linesmen were pretty good. Now we just have to remember not to play long ball when Halsey isn't there and we can do a bit more on offense.
Up next is the Champs, who return to Winskill to try to avenge their only blemish in two years of league play. Hopefully we will be all healed up by then so that we can give them a good run.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I think it was 6-2 and the Dragons stalled the ref for 15 mins so they started with 11.

Scoreline says it all really. Dragons Wine-O-Meter (particularly the big lad up front) 18.9 and are heavy favourites for that award. The big lad went on a tirade for about 2 mins straight at one point. Embarrassing really.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons started with 11, not sure they scored 3.
Poco wasn't great but we expect to improve.

Kusch sounds a lot like Douche, coincidence? I don't think so.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nfs razorbacks 2--- north delta united 1

Wow what a good team the ndu especially # 22

Sid

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pisstaking at an all time high today near the bike racks, beside the tether pole at recess

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nfs razorbacks 2--- north delta united 1

Wow what a good team the ndu especially # 22

Sid

We should have pounded NDU last night, they started with 12 and lost one guy to a seperated shoulder just before half. We went up 2 and then the ref who was completely one sided for NDU calls a weak pk for them to allow them to have 1 and make the game closer. The basic strategy of NDU is to go down at any sign of contact and get the call for a set piece....awful, add to that the straight red not given to their keep for being last man back for taking out one of our strikers on a clean break.
As Sid said #22 was very good and they had good overall team skill but we missed our chances and have only ourselves to blame for that. Looking forward to kicking the crap out of South Surrey next week.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To bad Badknees he's right!!!!Your own team thought the penalty shot was just a little suspect!!!You guys had an extra player on the THE REF!Very biased referee.Every player on your team was on a first name basis with the ref!Just saying!!!!!!what we saw

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else seeing a theme here?

Wine-O-Meter (particularly the big lad up front) 18.9
Anyway, the Wine-O-meter scores Delta a 3.4 and SD a solid 4.0.
I will however give them a 8.2 on HeavyD's Whine-O-Meter
Their Whine-o-meter was set at 8.6!

Can't see why refs hate taking Masters Premier games. :rolleyes:

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the Temple vs Langley game after it was already 3-0 Temple, it finished 5-2 Temple. Heard one of Temple's players was taken away in an ambulance. Also, heard the outcome of that incident, cut under the nose, blood on the shirt, scrap was to the side of the face. Would like to hear some explanation of what happened?

Arsenal14

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 5, Langley 2

We dominated from start to finish. Too bad Langley got frustrated and started throwing elbows and hitting us from behind. One of our guys was sent to the hospital with a bad concussion. They have guys that can play, but could do without some of them that are just out there to let out frustration. Refereeing was terrible (what else is new) andpart of the problem.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full story. To the douche on Langley who knew what happened. You should seek help.
One of our guys went down about 15 mins into the game. No one saw what happened. We all assumed he had a seizure collapsed. Ambulance and fire arrived. We began family and finding out if he had a history of seizure or collapse. Ambulance was taking his blood sugar and performing a variety of tests on the spot assuming he had collapsed. At no point during this time did the douche bag own up to what he did. Our guy was out and didn't know where he was.
I went to the hospital with our guy. He finally came too and kept telling me he was elbowed. I just thought he was still out of it. There was no way someone would have elbowed him and not pipe up when the ambulance and fire were treating him for a collapse. I was wrong. Doctor confirmed he was knocked out by elbow below the nose. He was out before he fell. Thus he did not break his fall and was seriously injured.

So thanks to the douche on Langley for not owning up to the paramedics for what you did when they kept asking what happened. Those first few minutes are vital and for you not to tell them what happened just shows your values.

Thanks to the rest of the lufc guys who helped out and were patient.
And smashed his face in thetu

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just spoke to him.....elbow to the face. This was confirmed by the EMS personnel.
.....and it continues. I seem to recall a brawl last year after an elbow or something to the head as well and the game was subsequently called. How about that brutal tackle in the 2nd half? I couldn't believe the guy had the nerve to protest his red. The crap I have seen from a few of the Langley guys is what frightens me from playing FVSL Masters in a few years once I'm eligible. Definitely agreed, the FVSL seems to lack quality refs.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality well thought out comeback...how was the drive home last night? long way to come for 0 points
You do realize that you play NDU again. Your right about the fouls, kicking a guy from behind after they gets by you should not be a foul. If the league had award for the best kick it far and chase it team you guys would win it fore sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0