Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Sept '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was gonna quote dude but then people would have to re-read that nonsense again. But seriously I remember in youth soccer some guy form Langley foul'd me, i don't keep reminding him of that do I , do I, do I, do I?

I an not at all upset about the hair comment, it is just time for a haircut. In fact I take nothing personally about that game last night or the comments on here. I quite enjoyed the game, I don't have any issue with the tackles I faced or did. I think the ref could have awarded a card for pro foul against me late in the game. Not a horrible tackle but it was going to be me and the goalie if it wasn't taken.

Other than that we will take the (3) points, move 6 points ahead of Langley which is likely as close as we will be all season.

Who do we have next weekend and will they play soccer or piss and moan and bodycheck?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez, good thing i got a haircut before the game!

Dude, i think your bleeding ears must cause you to block out your teams voices. Please don't sell the line that "you guys don't whine about it". On the contrary. I took 2 fouls, 1 from #7 who proceeded to wine that it wasn't a foul. I kept my mouth shut. And a second from 23 who hip checked me into next week at the end of the game, quietly played on as he whined about the call.

The smaller guy that played upfront, complained about each call made against his players, including the carded ones, and even proceeded to say that they didn't happen.

However, i did speak out to you about the linesman you guys had on the flag. Yikes!

But i digress. I think we've beaten a dead Athletic Horse. Time to move on.

Probably a good thing we didnt' come over for weenies postgame. :)

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez, good thing i got a haircut before the game!

Dude, i think your bleeding ears must cause you to block out your teams voices. Please don't sell the line that "you guys don't whine about it". On the contrary. I took 2 fouls, 1 from #7 who proceeded to wine that it wasn't a foul. I kept my mouth shut. And a second from 23 who hip checked me into next week at the end of the game, quietly played on as he whined about the call.

The smaller guy that played upfront, complained about each call made against his players, including the carded ones, and even proceeded to say that they didn't happen.

However, i did speak out to you about the linesman you guys had on the flag. Yikes!

But i digress. I think we've beaten a dead Athletic Horse. Time to move on.

Probably a good thing we didnt' come over for weenies postgame. :)

Here's to hoping you guys draw each other in the Masters Cup!!!
:cool:
HJ

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every year, same thing. Only difference is that you guys finally actually beat us. Pat yourselves on the back, for such a thoroughly dominating performance. You said all the same things the past 4 years or so, just this time you actually won. Wow.

Funny how JTL has the same accusations to say, week-in, week-out about getting beat up on. The yellow on your #8, do you forget that it was a retaliation for an equally dirty cheap shot? No mention there, eh?

I find it funny that when one of you idiots hacks us, we don’t cry and whine to the ref for 30 minutes post match. And yes- you guys are just as guilty, but the difference is that we just don’t cry about it so much.

hurts me to agree with Dude.

Our team whines, we know we do.....but the only team I have ever thought to be a bigger group of biatches was..........waite for it.............yup.......POCO/GEU of old. Langley is not far off, but that is not my point.
Then you (POCO)come on here and try to convince everyone that your team is sooo hard done by while you played your perfect mannered game. It old, let your wins do the talking for fkc sakes

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored, I forgot to mention...I enjoyed the game too, as much as the piss-taking. As I always do. At the end of the day, this is just fun. Since you boys didn't show up for pasta night (w/ hot italian sausages), it gave us too much time to think about what to write on TTP.

Good times!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Dude, Dude.

Yes both teams committed fouls. Both teams complained, whined to the ref. Nobody has said much about fouls other than the blatant attempt to injure. Of course it was no where near the spitting and crotch kicking we received last time we played you but none the less what's the point of it.

One thing I can't help but think is how do you feel about your playing time (25 minutes) when two premier players that I am sure are not regular fixtures on your team, both play 90 minutes. However, it was a good strategy as Mission ran the score up on you guys and I am sure you were trying to prevent a reoccurrence and it worked. Chuck did a good job on us at the back.

George, it is always a pleasure and if you find that piece of my lip from two years ago lying around in an old boot bag, please give it back. Until next year lads - I am sure it will be another battle as always. One more question, is #18 hard to be around after the game, drinking pints and what not - he seems so annoying, never shuts up really does he?

JTL

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
George, it is always a pleasure and if you find that piece of my lip from two years ago lying around in an old boot bag, please give it back. Until next year lads - I am sure it will be another battle as always. One more question, is #18 hard to be around after the game, drinking pints and what not - he seems so annoying, never shuts up really does he?

JTL, scraped that chunk of lip off my boot and fed it to the dog.#18 is not a quiet guy and yes at the cooler he keeps going and is full of laughs.It has to be a lot easir than hanging around the cooler with stinkbomb on your team.Enjoyed the match up myself except for the bogus yellow card I recieved as you could tell by the look on my face.Even more crap when the resulting free kick goes off my shoulder into the net.Looking forward to the rematch whenever it happens

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
25? Does a 15 minute break at the start of the 2nd half = 25 total? This is why you aren't a real Doctor.

BTW, enjoyed the game very much, just not the result. Yoda...you guys not coming by for a pint and a bowl of pasta just gave us ample time to think of things so write on TTP. Smelly Jay, Bored the Beetle, JTL the acting salesman. It's all good.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, as a testiment to the post match drinks, we somehow made a correlation between J-Mac and the Littlest Hobo.

Don't ask me how...it was funny at the time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw"]YouTube - The Littlest Hobo[/ame]

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, because that Littlest Hobo was one smart dog- probably the smartest ever. He'd just keep moving on.

That idiot Lassie would though. Loyal, but stupid.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's to hoping you guys draw each other in the Masters Cup!!!
:cool:
HJ

I can't see Langley qualifying for that, unless everyone makes it. If only say the top 10 teams in the valley make it then they won't get another shot at us until next year. Also if they seed the teams and say the top half make up premier and the bottom half make us Div 1 then Langley will likely be one of the stronger Div 1 Masters teams next year.

Splitting the league is a good idea as then everyone gets (2) shots against each other.

Really if this happens this may be the last game ever between Langley and Poco - boy it was fun while it lasted.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
25? Does a 15 minute break at the start of the 2nd half = 25 total? QUOTE]

Very sorry, I thought you were on the sidelines but you were actually on the field? Maybe you should get involved in the play a little bit more.

In all honesty we knew it was going to be a tough game and it was. I don't know how you felt your team played but I thought we were average at best. The premier guys did help you quite a bit - especially Chuck at the back so hopefully he will be available for you more often so you can stop the bleeding.

Anyways, best of luck.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought for sure you noticed me at about the 35 minute mark, 1st half.

All pisstaking asside, my analysis way back a page was accurate from my standpoint: I thought we had an edge through the middle, and mostly did what we wanted to do w/ your strikers: shut you down. Mostly. But, 1st half error = goal. 2nd half free-kick as a result of giving you too much space = goal. You were average in the middle...I guess you could say that was our goal...take away time and space, which should make you look average.

I thought that our final 1/4 was brutal...simply not good enough. We knew we were short on strikers going in (one away, one on short term DL), thus the 4-5-1 formation. Karl had his work cut out, so while we knew we had to shut down the middle and contain you two seasoned poachers, we also knew in order to win, we'd need a shut-out performance, and sneak in a goal. Well, we sneeked one in (too little, too late), but the two others from your side told the tale.

In the end, as I said, enjoyed the game, hated the result. It is always fun, with a lot of hard tackles both ways. And, we will get a chance to play again- either this year or next.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that is a fair analysis. I thought I was very average, perhaps a little fatigued from playing for the premier team Tues and Friday night. This old body can't handle 3 fast paced games in 5 days. Bored ran a lot but we didn't create nearly as many chances as usual until the last 20 but every dog has his day. I think you'll finish 5-8 spot if you can produce a team like that every week and will likely take points from some other top teams.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest: 2 fast paced games, and one niceley medium paced game...which is why Masters is perfect, thanks very much. In watching the Langley / Pomo game ahead of ours, that pace was just painfull to watch.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read a post that describes that 1st goal: Langley imitating a Chinese fire drill on that one, as a result of said error.

A helluva finish, too. Emphatic, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0