Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetruth

Nov 19, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
18 year olds coming on a forum to complain about the other team scoring 13 goals against them while calling grown men out to come say shite to their faces ahahahaha what a time to be alive

#OnLyInThEvAlLeY

Honestly so disappointed with the fvsl came from vmsl prem and had heard good things. fcuk this guy posts weekly reports every month instead of
13-1.

In the worse beat downs ever in my entire life playing I don’t think I was involved in one that lopsided. That’s how rare and how bad a beat down it was. I’m talking youth teams, summer beer league where you may get 7 guys out....13-1.

Oh, and it happened at the FVSL Premier Division.

I tried to be open minded and give the benefit of the doubt to you early but my God, I am 100% positive 1/2 the div 2 squads could do better with 10 men. That’s how bad this result and performance was....and if they are that average, what does it say about how bad your team is?

i told you that was a terrible take, the guy is a bum. he thinks a bunch of ufv red shirts and bench players are going to make a difference after losing 13-1. The only true thing he has said is no one is getting paid. The B team doesn't get paid trust me lol the A team we all did except the guys who were loyal and playing for the club for years. but the fvsl b team is a bunch of college rejects and gagan who didnt want to play to play for the A team and ride the pine for free. You guys had my respect but now your the new vancouver united time to turn the notifications off and try and pay mills not to send you to div 2 next year #fvsldiv2champipns2022

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On vacation, much like CCB’s back line, but 5 pages later only @LION has pointed out the real issue this weekend, how the fcuk did they get one?

PS. FVSL haters, your selective memory is awesome, don’t forget Solsma got 14 on his own last year in a 17-1 VMSL Premier game and they had a full side, so maybe pump the breaks a bit.

Last edited:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PPS. While I’m throwing all my stuffies from the pram, it should be noted only 5 of 12 VMSL prem teams have a better than .500 record. It’s the bloody NFC East when it comes to provincial cup spots. 3 with a losing record could make the cup draw.

#noonecares

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love Mexico...

What Billy lots of drinks was trying to say is there is poor teams in every league. Look at Watford (and United.) There are punching bags every year, whether you have 20 or 8 in your league. I’m sure poor Starhiem are crew had a terrible time scoring 5 and 13 goals the weekend before Christmas. I do hope they can regroup. (Rolleyes emoji)

Ronaldo is certainly special in a Olympic sort of way, but you’re a bigger bell end if you relate him and his posts to the FVSL standard.

I’ll be at the pool if you need me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an image. You sitting there by the pool, pina colada by your side, fishing hat on, tuning red by the second and adding 2000 more freckles by the minute, getting wound up. Your reminder about Soolsma is not wrong, and if I remember correctly, didn't they light up their opponent for similar reasons, sort of showing up short manned and delaying start? I remember something to that nature but can't be fcuked to look it up.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know the league is absolute crap when the top team has 54 goals after 12 games and the VMSLs top scoring team has 40 after 15 games. Too many non competitive matches, might be time for the top teams to look elsewhere for competitive local football. There is no reason with players at their peak age and big clubs that the top 4-5 clubs in the valley wouldn’t compete for a provincial spot year in year out while having stiff competition every single week instead of once every month if they are lucky. Time to look in the mirror big man.

Create 1 league. Scrap VMSL and FVSL and combine them 1 top tier, two div 1 (east and west), 4 div 2 also regional etc etc. Top tier should probably only be 8 teams. Div 1 should be 10, div 2 should be 12 etc etc.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know the league is absolute crap when the top team has 54 goals after 12 games and the VMSLs top scoring team has 40 after 15 games. Too many non competitive matches, might be time for the top teams to look elsewhere for competitive local football. There is no reason with players at their peak age and big clubs that the top 4-5 clubs in the valley wouldn’t compete for a provincial spot year in year out while having stiff competition every single week instead of once every month if they are lucky. Time to look in the mirror big man.

FVSL should be stronger with population migrating away from the Burnaby-Vancouver corridor. But Surrey and Tri-Cities best players play VMSL not FVSL, and I imagine the same is said for Langley's best players.

No reason for guys to play FVSL when VMSL has teams in those communities. No reason to be two leagues when the only communities not in both leagues are Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and Mission. Maple Ridge have VMSL? Just combine. Pool resources. Even Chilliwack's top players drive to VMSL teams, or western FVSL teams in areas which VMSL has clubs. No reason not to combine the leagues.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. It’s men’s soccer.
2. It’s premier, and Coastal want the best goal difference possible.
3. You guys showed up with 9, and wasted their Saturday.
4. it’s men’s soccer

in fact it's a waste of everyone's time on both teams - this is beer league after all.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL should be stronger with population migrating away from the Burnaby-Vancouver corridor. But Surrey and Tri-Cities best players play VMSL not FVSL, and I imagine the same is said for Langley's best players.

No reason for guys to play FVSL when VMSL has teams in those communities. No reason to be two leagues when the only communities not in both leagues are Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and Mission. Maple Ridge have VMSL? Just combine. Pool resources. Even Chilliwack's top players drive to VMSL teams, or western FVSL teams in areas which VMSL has clubs. No reason not to combine the leagues.

Why are you going and talking sense?

Go to the BC Tier 3 league thread, exactly what I suggested, too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, seriously, in recent years top FVSL Squads have proven they can step up when Provincials come. Aldy was not out of their league three years back in their run, Langley certainly not in their run to the finals. That being said, a lot of things need to go right, including getting good prep for that run. It's harder and harder as the Premier division keeps dropping in quality. Top league wide competition is needed. This year there is still some very good talent in the league, but they need good opposition week-in, week-out if possible, aside from the odd sitter against a relegation squad. I thought when Surrey United moved back, so too would they be able to retain players and build a Top team. It seems that hasn't quite happened, and the talent drain continues.

I'd like to see the top 4 or 5 clubs move into a Tier 3 league, combined w/ the top VMSL clubs. Note, I said "Clubs".

The FVSL would still serve a purpose, but the Premier division would effectively be dead. If the Powers That Be could get over petty differences, there is no reason why something like this couldn't happen.

Last edited:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be good to have one super league but why would the VMSL want to change things up? They’ve just won back to back national championships, and they probably look at it as though it would just be an all VMSL league anyways, even if they joined them together.

If they wanted to go to an 8 team league they could just do it with what they already have.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They wouldn't, nor would the FVSL, TBH.

The tail doesn't wag the dog, and in this case, the tail is / are the leagues, the dog is / are the clubs.

BCSA is a couple of years behind their RFQ / mandate to get a proper Tier III league going, something that would sit under the CPL. The motivating factor here is to actually be in line to compete for the the Voyageurs Cup and Canada's berth in the CONCACAF Champions League.

One thing all players have in common is they want to compete at as high a level as they can. Currently, BC players outside the CPL Clubs and Whitecaps are NOT eligible for the Voyageurs Cup. The Tier III teams in Ontario are, and I think Quebec (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I've just been saying this: the top clubs should broker a deal w/ BCSA to form said Tier III league and pull out of the Premier Divisions. Simple as that. Force the hands of those that should have found a way years ago to make the combined league happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is an easy read...can any league in BC actually claim the same? Neither the FVSL or VMSL can, although by de-facto they sort of are, but it's really more like where you put the lame horse out to pasture, except you have a bunch of randy young horses in there with them dying to run, but with no track or race to go to.

"League1 Ontario serves as a stepping stone between the high-performance youth level and elite amateur and professional levels of the game."

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The point is if guys want to play the highest level it's going to be Div 2 not Tier 3.

dude out of the loop as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0