Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming in from left field here, but here's the deal. If everything is falling to two people and you still aren't fielding a team, you are not a team. And, for that matter, you are not a club. No club would let that happen.

And, while I am at it, for the others that were on that team, you suck lizard farts. Stand up, take some responsibility and go get some of your peers to come over and play for your team. This isn't juvenile ball where someone's mother brings the oranges. Get fikin on it and be a part of the team. I am so tired of hearing about the youth that need to be told 4 times when the game is, and begged to come out. Play, don't play, but grow up. Everyone I know and still play with did it, so wean off the teet and be a man.

That's it.

Freddy, you better watch your glass house while you're slinging those stones around.

Scenario:

1. A couple key premier guys leave
2. The other premier players see them leaving and instead of helping fill the void start looking at other options
3. The "club" stands idly by while one or two individuals step up to try and save the spot
4. Attempt fails and club is demoted

Sounds like a re-run of Westside circa 2005-2006.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they will not being fielding a team tonite or if so it will be 7 call-ups and by next week they will have more bodies. Could be a gong show tonite if the 7 decide to show up

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, you better watch your glass house while you're slinging those stones around.

Scenario:

1. A couple key premier guys leave
2. The other premier players see them leaving and instead of helping fill the void start looking at other options
3. The "club" stands idly by while one or two individuals step up to try and save the spot
4. Attempt fails and club is demoted

Sounds like a re-run of Westside circa 2005-2006.

Ain't no glass house here. We all have challenges. Hmm, but what did Westside do? We rallied and got right back up. Westside is faced with being in Div 1 again. We are rallying again. The point is - don't depend on just 2 people, and others get bloodywell involved.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get how Abby is scrambling. I caught wind that the Crockers were done last year and have known they were playing PAU for a couple months. Has everyone been standing around with their thumbs up their ass? The club had had months to rebuild and for all these premier quality players that have been overlooked for "friends" to step in. Doesn't Abby have a great youth set up with the mariners/ a PDL team and a University team? How can you not put a premier team/ a very strong premier team together? Sounds like the Crockers fault.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe if we move the season start till Jan, all the college players can play and will be finished their seasons.....a bc premier league would be bad ass too! thoughts?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Temple UTD will most likely be in a relegation fight this year so these 3 points may be big for them if Magnuson Ford does forfeit or only show with 7 players.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
in a relegation fight with whom? the MFC Utd D2 team and players that might ultimately step up to play in their stead?...

I think MFC Utd is a mortal lock at this point for 10th place without even having kicked a ball yet.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
the club at abbotsford has not done enough to support the premier team over the last couple of years, and have basically let crock run the entire thing - player coach manager like jackie moon. when i was playing there in 2010-11 and even 09-10 we would have maybe one practice a week, with about 7-8 guys there and just didnt have any sort of relationship with the rest of the club. no youth players coming out and playing with the men makes it tough to have them all come play for you when they are out of the youth soccer system. crockers held the team together there is no doubt about that in my mind. there is only so much a guy can do. and as for this other abby guy crying about no chances for his players because of the guys from school coming and taking the spots, what would you have liked? half your team to sign premier for the first 8 games and then sit out the rest of the year? you have guys coming in from ufv to play winter ball and whether you agree or not, these players are most likely better than guys playing in div 3. are they supposed to just take the winter off because they have a 2 month season? its a bad situation and has been for abby for years because of the university players being the core part of the team. not making excuses for anybody but this has lasted longer than i expected, interested to see on how the league deals with it

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yeah.... i got tired of the busy div 1 threads, so i had to make my way up here with the top of the fvsl dogs :p
my 2 cents

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you weren't kidding.

West Coast 5 North Delta 1

Some unreal half chance volly's from 30 yards out to open the scoring. One of the post and in and the second from Criag I believe was first class. GEU simply wanted it more. All over the pitch.
We played a better second half but the game was already over. 1-1 second half. Geez.

Westcoast are big and strong, and looks like they can finish anything in the final third. Or was it just some lucky strikes. I think three of their goals were from 25 plus yards out.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like Bullshit and Lion need a keeper!!!

Keeper is fine we just need a new starting 10 in front of him. What can you say we got out worked, out classed, fukc out everything. They look to be a strong team and very organized, with I would say 6 different starters from last season. They essentially scored on their first 3 attempts, a miss communication which led to a chip into the open cage. We were a little shell shocked and they came at us and scored 2 scorchers from 25 yards out. At that point you have one team brimming with confidence and one team scared to get on the ball and looking for the nearest exit. Not how we wanted to start the season and another tough game next week.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Temple UTD will most likely be in a relegation fight this year so these 3 points may be big for them if Magnuson Ford does forfeit or only show with 7 players.

Temple apparently are relying on youth with their first real shot at men's soccer. Will be interesting to see how quickly they adjust to the more physical game.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if MFC will be fielding a team this week? I heard they were but it may screw up the lower divisons if they bump up a team within their "club."

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVRD 2-2 Coastal

Leave reports to other guys.

The first half was horrible. Worse than the "turf" it was played on. Some poor bugger on the FVRD got his foot caught as he went into a heavy challenge and I'm sure his leg is broken or his knee is done. Jag, send me an update, would you? Best wishes to him from CFC.

CFC BLEW a bunch of sitters, and had a chance to be up 2 or 3 in the first 20 but only got 1. (Crocker) Now Abby can blame him for something else. FVRD loves them some long balls, but when they do actually decide to play have some pretty good players and knocked 2 by us in a blink just before half. I'm going to call the first a rusty defensive mistake the second wasn't a bad goal but to be fair we were standing around, thumbs inserted, watching.

The second half was end to end. FVRD had numerous dead ball/set pieces chances, they also got a bunch of long ball half chances too. Pretty dangerous with their pace on any break downs or turn overs that's for sure. CFC had a couple of half chances of their own but none really note worthy here. Taki ripped a 35+ yard BOMB that almost took the keepers ear off as it dipped just under the bar. I'd like to say he should have had it, but I've been on the receiving end of some of those blast from him and can tell you it's not as simple as putting your hands up.

FVRD are young, fast and have some talent. Watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0