Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gametime,

You must have misunderstood my post. Relegating 3 bad teams would mean 60 or so players looking for somewhere to play. They would just join other teams throughout the league or in some cases quit. The league won't get better. The best team in the FVSL premier league would be bottom 3 in the VMSL. I never said they should give their top players away, the top players aren't in the VMSL be they aren't good enough. If they were they would be there.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've talked to lots of people playing and working with the league and they have all said the same thing. The Premier division is shite. I've seen it with my own eyes. The difference between the two leagues is night and day. No comparison. I had a team for 3 years in the FVSL and the league is run well and they offer a lot but they need to get better teams. Maybe a little incentive can get a few of those VMSL premier teams based in the valley to switch. Peg? CCB? I know the latter has teams in the Fvsl

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I absolutely agree that there needs to be more quality in this league. I'm not oblivious to the quality difference between the two leagues, but I think the part that is hurting the fvsl is the range in quality. There are a few teams here that are not on a totally different level as some of the vmsl teams in my opinion as i have watched vmsl games also. However, coming out of half of the games being blowouts makes it tough to develop the grit and character needed to make an impact in provincials (which seems to always be the point made to discredit the valley teams). Playing only a handful of tougher games throughout the season and getting thrown into a provincial game against a better team can be a bit of a shock and the bad habits get exposed.
I play for the abby team and the average age here is somewhere around 21, with most of these players playing together most of the year. Some of these players could play in the vmsl no doubt in my mind but have been with this club and teammates for years and don't want to jump ship when we feel this team is a good bunch.
So how does this league get any stronger? I think that removing a bit of excess dead weight is a step in the right direction, change doesn't happen overnight. hopefully the league will get a bit more competitive and we can build from there.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reducing prem to 8 is certainly a step in the right direction. As there are fewer chances at promotion you may start to see some of the stronger Div 1 players going and trying to latch on to one of the 8 prem teams instead of trying for promotion in div 1....maybe? Which would increase the standard. You may see Div 1 teams taking training and development more seriously so as to be able to compete should they get promoted? Div 2-4 will surely remain the same. Although those 3 divisions are rec (no disrespect - my team plays to win at those levels too!) the standard of teams allowed to those leagues also needs to be addressed. Or maybe take the u21 division and blend it with Div 2 and make it a u23 league instead.....? I dunno! Throwing out a very NOT thought-out idea.

Or FVSL links with Fraser Valley FC, Coastal FC, Surrey United, and Coquitlam Metro-Ford BCSPL teams and creates very clear links for permit purposes.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
abby 4-1 westcoast in sc cup tonight
not sure about coastal vs langley game (tonight at 915) but i think with our goal differential it puts us in first for our side?
sets up the two semi finals as abby vs delta on one side and langley vs moody on the other.
lots of big games coming up. looking forward to it

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's going on with the league website not showing any cards in the moody/Abby game? There was a couple of yellows given out and moody picked up a red late on.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
moody 4-2 abby div 1 in pak cup quarter final
yes a red was given to moody start of second half when score was 2-0. second yellow.

other quarter final was stolo 2-2 abby prem. game could have gone either way with both teams having missed opportunities. replay being done on tuesday. as you can probably tell, not too happy about it. have to give stolo credit, they went down 1-0 fairly early but kept fighting and equalized five mins from half, then got a og 1 min later but came out hard and tied it back up in the second half. hope we can bring a better effort on tuesday away in chilliwack

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC semifinal- Abby 2-1(OT) NDSC

Tough loss last night to a good young Abby team. We played them Tuesday in the league tied 1-1 and then lost to them in OT 3 days later. Hard to swallow as I really feel we are the better side, certainly play better soccer and definitely outplayed them last night but at the end of the day we have had 3 shots at them in the last month and come out with zero wins. Can't really say we are the better side as they are more efficient in the final third and find ways to win. Hopefully once we get our team together year round and actually have a chance to grow and develop chemistry we can get over that hump and win the big games like Abby has been doing the last few years. Until then I can only take the positives that we are playing good soccer and moving in the right direction.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC semifinal- Abby 2-1(OT) NDSC

Tough loss last night to a good young Abby team. We played them Tuesday in the league tied 1-1 and then lost to them in OT 3 days later. Hard to swallow as I really feel we are the better side, certainly play better soccer and definitely outplayed them last night but at the end of the day we have had 3 shots at them in the last month and come out with zero wins. Can't really say we are the better side as they are more efficient in the final third and find ways to win. Hopefully once we get our team together year round and actually have a chance to grow and develop chemistry we can get over that hump and win the big games like Abby has been doing the last few years. Until then I can only take the positives that we are playing good soccer and moving in the right direction.
Bet you're hoping they win the league on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0