Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
chilli 4 - 3 geu

full credit to geu. they seemed much more determined than us. fortunately the hazer/slane combo was on fire and provided enough offence to secure the win. a rare off-night for our d who struggled throughout.

we all knew it wasn't going to be another 6-0 game. congrats on calling that correctly though :rolleyes:

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LANGLEY 1 DMU 0
Who the hell said the it would be 2-0 DMU.. what a joke! I'm mean... i did predict a 2-0 win for us.. but it just didn't work out that way... DMU had lots of energy...but didn't direct it towards anything but meaningless possession in the middle of the park.. Langley had a quality match and took it to DMU for most of the match. Moi scored a cracker from 18 yrds out to take the match with 15 mins left. DMU will be a good squad in a couple years.. They have loads of young talent. Ref was also great (Andy) Scary collision with 10 mins left with a player with each team involved, hope the best for both of them. Never like to see that happen! But good three points for Langley! On to GN next week!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 4-1 Dwedney

Decent game for us, thought we played better against GEU, but we found the net tonight, and honestly could have been 8-1 if anyone other than our forwards could score

Nice to get a win again.... onto the derby next sat at mackie

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man if DMU was ever to rid the Langley jinx, tonight was it. Very lean line-up but the kids came through in spades. Delta did not seem to want it all that much and was a shell of the team we went out to see a few weeks ago in the Wack.
Looking forward to waking up to Crafty's rant.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BSLU said:
Moi scored a cracker from 18 yrds out to take the match with 15 mins left.

Toot Toot......

That's the sound of you, on your own horn fella. Not the sound of LFC2 dropping the dutch oven on his mussus in bed last night. :D

Seriously, why don't you tell us all about how you took the entire team on your shoulders last night. We are all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear you talk more about how good you are.

~S

P.S. I wouldn't hold your breath to hear Crafty's rant. He's posted ONCE this entire season. Disappointing to say the least.

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No tootin here...i definately wasn't the best player on the park last night. my comment should have read: WE took the game with 15 mins left. young guy in the back was the best player on the park for us last night! He Shut down their 'talented' forward who didn't realize the other ten players wearing the same jersey as him were his team-mates. Lots of potential for that team though!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
standings after nine games:

chilli......27 +26
lang......20 +5
nd........16 +6
*pau.....15 +6
geu......15 +3
dmu.....14 +4
*poco....7 -12
*gn.......5 -6
dew.......4 -17
*whal....0 -13

* denotes only eight games played

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
P.S. I wouldn't hold your breath to hear Crafty's rant. He's posted ONCE this entire season. Disappointing to say the least.

Skip,

Sorry to disappoint mate, but nothing really worth posting. Everybody else on here has us pegged, I guess we have become very predictable. :rolleyes:

We played well enough to beat Chilliwack,Langley,PAU and GN and didn't.

We shouldn't of beaten GEU but we did.

We were well beaten by the Lions.

We were lucky to come back and take all the points from Dewdney.

The wins against Poco and Whalley were decent performances.

4 2 3 record says it all. :(

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to disappoint, nothing really worth posting

Crafty my friend, anything you say is worth posting. Let me give you THIS to ponder.....

Would you rather hear what Marc Crawford has to say about the Canucks when they're winning every game, or when they've been struggling??

Now.....be a good interview, and give us some tidbits on occassion, will ya? :D

~S

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 10:

friday november 11

geu vs dewdney rotary turf 7:30
while both teams have improved since their first meeting where geu took it 1-0, i don't see geu walking away with anything less than 3 points.

chilli vs pau exhibition stadium 8:00
pau always comes to the ex fired up and ready to play. chilli does so as well. should be a good'un.

saturday november 12

langley vs gn map oval 7:00
langley with an easy 3 points out of this one against an individually talented gn side who struggles to play together.

nd vs dmu mackie turf 9:00
i think that these two teams don't really care for each other. dmu is probably still bitter from week one when they let nd get away with all 3 points. i like dmu in this one.

sunday november 13

whalley vs poco ahp mattews 2:15
practically a must win for whalley and actually one that they could very well take. poco has struggled to get results so far and may be whalley's first victims.

hosebag

Nov 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am usually just a lerker, But I thought this site was Called "Take the Piss". I used to come home from work enjoy catching up on the recent rants and piss takes to avoid the missus for another half hour.Latly all there is on here is the weekly stats and and play by play comments with nothing but back patting of the other team. (Hard luck, they played well but just fell short.) Come on guys where is the cockyness that used to be there. This site is BORING. Lions- shite team with a few lucky wins and ties under there belt. Dewdny is the worst team ever in this league. Chilli are doing well but will fall apart in the new year especially when Slaney flakes out after Cristmas. Geu are underachievers. GN never can get there shite together for a full season. Gotta cut thiss short. Have to go to work. But PAU is the worst of thek all. They second to none for under achieving. They could be on top but just dont have the grit to get it done and cant keep the ball out of there net.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am usually just a lerker, But I thought this site was Called "Take the Piss". I used to come home from work enjoy catching up on the recent rants and piss takes to avoid the missus for another half hour.

Maybe if more people chose to add to the environment here instead of simply expecting others to provide it for them, there might be more excitement to read. Too many lurkers, and not enough yappers. :D

As far as PAU underachieving. That might be a bit strong. I agree, we've let too many goals in this year, and that is the main reason why we have dropped points IMO. However, PAU have one loss to their record this year. In the past 4 years, we've achieved the following:

• League Runner-up
  • League Champions
  • Pakenham Cup Champions
  • Provincial Cup Semi-finalists (losing in OT)
  • Provincial Cup Quarter-finalists (losing in OT)

No team in the FVSL (within the last 5 years) can boast a more impressive list of accomplishments. So, in short.......FACK OFF!!

~Skip

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody from the Wack know if the field will be open tomorrow? Do they decide tonight, or do they wait till tomorrow to let you know? Just need to know whether to book my flight or not :)

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
However, PAU have one loss to their record this year. In the past 4 years, we've achieved the following:

• League Runner-up
  • League Champions
  • Pakenham Cup Champions
  • Provincial Cup Semi-finalists (losing in OT)
  • Provincial Cup Quarter-finalists (losing in OT)

but what have you done for us lately? :D

chilli 4 - 1 pau
pau went up one early in the first but chilli pulled even before the half. chilli with three unanswered in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0