Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame, bit of a rant eh. It's one thing to let a piss take slide, but I feel I need to answer a pretty damning accusation. Given I was watching the game, 15 yards or so from the incident, no bevies in me yet, I had a pretty decent read on what was going on. What happened was a collision between POCO kid and our keeper. POCO down 1-0, so full marks to the kid for going after a ball that was going to run off the park for a goal kick. Happens our keep was heading for it to make sure the ball was going to run. Neither player let up, which is how most collisions end up with no injury. From there it was unfortunate. It was Kirby who started at the ref about the collision. I simply let Kirby know he was one to speak, as he had already picked up a yellow for running over our keeper in a very vulnerable position, stupid challenge when he had no chance on the ball. Our keeper also had been bumped 2-3 other times, nothing major, just guys playing hard. Why should he let up, he needs to protect himself as well? It was a collision, not a tackle and definately nothing malicious. Linesman was less than 10 yards from it, referee looking right at it, no foul, and somewhat ironically we got the free kick for a foul on the same kid on the last defender as he was heading for the ball. Once we as a team had realized that the kid was in trouble, not a word was said. Just as many Langley guys as POCO guys were on their knees trying to help him. Never like to see that, but by all accounts he was ok in the end and that is all that really matters.

So a stupid accustion Osame. Get your facts right, especially the timeline. You know me, have the nuts to come say something to me if you felt I or my team was that out of line. I do not coach a dirty side nor encourage it.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, The Wack 10-0-1, Langley 8-1-2, yet you rip both for being unimpressive? Rebuilding year for POCO, and lots of young kids? How many players you recognize on our side. Half the side from last year, especially less on Friday as we had some injuries? 5 of 14 first year out of U-18. We are all rebuilding constantly, just can't impress the old guard all the time.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BSLU said:
And of course I couldn't lace his boots because by the sounds of it; with his age he probaby uses Velcro: he should be just fine. And I will have it known that always stay after to have a pint with the boys. I've done my history checks of what happened before my time; and apparently it was a glorious league. With superstars like you on everyteam, who would be constantly turning down offers from teams like mine to come play for them. I guess times are changing, but you don't worry bout me, cause i'm a never will be.
Lets see, LFC2 and Nukes, dare i say the Gaffer and his right hand, have posted since i called you out. Both of them didn't say a word in your defense. Very telling. Of course now that i have questioned their loyalty, i'm sure they will come on and do the usual, and cover their asses. Times are a changin indeed but i still have a few mates around and from what i hear from your camp even your teamates think your a wanker.
As far as doing your history checks, why don't you give me your version of the 5 best players ever to play for your club?

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
God damn it BSLU, see what you've done! You've gone and made Cainy pull out the scrap book again :D Here come the singlet stories...

To get back on topic (where is a moderator when you need one?), what happened in the GEU-DMU game? I didn't see a write-up (or did I just miss it?). It was 4-3 so must have been exciting? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU were up 3-0 25 minuets into play. We made some bad defensive errors that cost us & the same player took advantage all 3 times. We managed to pull one back 15 minuets before half & basically dominated the game from that point on. We scored again not long after half to make the score 3-2. The ref decides he hadn’t made much of an impact yet so he calls a shocking penalty that puts the score line at 4-2. 10 minuets later a similar incident occurs in our favor the only difference is our play was actually pulled down backwards in the box, NO CALL. Outkast scored a cracker just before the whistle to make it 4-3 but no luck in the end for GEU. Final score DMU 4 GEU 3.

Longest run of play due to needles whistles - 2.4min
Advantages played for both teams all game - 1
Quality of refereeing excluding lines men - -5

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
Lets see, LFC2 and Nukes, dare i say the Gaffer and his right hand, have posted since i called you out. Both of them didn't say a word in your defense. Very telling. Of course now that i have questioned their loyalty, i'm sure they will come on and do the usual, and cover their asses. Times are a changin indeed but i still have a few mates around and from what i hear from your camp even your teamates think your a wanker.
As far as doing your history checks, why don't you give me your version of the 5 best players ever to play for your club?
Oooh you have a couple of 'mates' and they tell you secrets... let us all in on this compelling story; we are all dying to hear what they have to say. I hope it doesn't make our camp sad and collapse in the second half of the season. Cause we wouldn't want your team to embarrass yourselves in the first round of the provincials.
I don't need people to 'help' me out, or say anything in my defense on an online pisstake. Everyone is tough behind a screen.
As for the Best 5 Players IMO:
in no particular order : Nigel Bowket, Karl Williamson, Roxy, Scooter & Ted

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard man behind screen wishes to offer opinion

Do the names Rob Keam or Murray Howes ring a bell to anyone?

Best players ever to pull on a Langley jersey.

Lace those boots,

RF

Honourable mention: Utah. :p

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best 5 Players IMO in no particular order : Nigel Bowket, Karl Williamson, Roxy, Scooter & Ted

Wow, looks like you went waaaaay back into the archives to get these ones. I think the question was: "5 best players ever". This would mean you could look past the last couple years, before the time when YOU started being da man. :D

I'm thinking the years with Alan Goad (sp?) at the helm, and some good battles with Surrey United for league Championships might have produced a few candidates. One coming to mind would be Murray Howes. There must be others.

On topic:

Looks like it's gonna be a fog-bowl at the Langley oval this weekend. I hope the resulting moisture doesn't cause a problem with the drainage on the turf. :p

~S

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about the Dormers? They played for Langley back in "the day". And Hoss. And Hilly (before he got all skinny :D ).

They used to have a cracker squad.

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never seen em play or heard of em...And those were my picks IMO. And just like in every sport, the younger players coming up are typically better that the older players were at their age. (ex-crosby, Lebron, owen, ronaldinho)
Even the 12 year olds now playing soccer are way better than I ever was at that age. The older generation are passing down the skills and coaching at younger ages, therefore the better players in the future will be younger. Just the way it is. So you go on and name your dinosaurs; but the fact is the best players in the future will be and are younger ones.

As for the fog bowl... last nights practice was a little challenging; Couldn't see the other side of the field. Hopefully it will clear up a bit before the match. If not, maybe they will try the two referee system..

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok...so let me get this right...

Crosby is better than Gretz at the same age...

Lebron is better than...Jordan at the same age...

Owen is better than...Pele at the same age...

BSLU scored a goal...and is better than all the older players that ever played in the FVSL? Wow!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez, BigStinkinLeprosyUnit, if you keep talking out your ass, even your teammates are going to be coming on here and slamming you. You're clearly a moron with no reason to speak.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to pinch in a bit here, Murray Howes would still be one of the best strikers in the FVSL Prem right fcuking now. He'd show up many a young kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0