Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2005

week 9: wrap up of the first go around

friday november 4

chilliwack vs golden ears 8:00 exhibition stadium
hard to take an objective stance on this one so i'll skip it.

saturday november 5

langley vs delta metro 7:00 map turf
langley stumbled at dewdney which is very uncharacteristic of this club. delta handed whalley their eighth straight loss but will be hard pressed at langley to come away with a similar result.
i pick langley

north delta vs dewdney 9:00 mackie turf
after an almost perfect first five games, nd has dropped three straight and saw three teams overtake them in the standings this weekend. dewdney is going in the other direction as they are riding a two game unbeaten streak after playing the defending league champs to a draw. will the confident dewds shock us once again?
i pick dewdney

sunday november 6

whalley vs gn sporting 2:15 ahp matthews
what to say about whalley? eight straight losses sums it up i guess. if there ever will be a weekend for them to right their losing ways, this is it. despite all the preseason hype, gn has once again under-achieved to start this season.
i pick whalley

peace arch vs poco 12:30 south surrey athletic #1
if i recall correctly this is a rematch of the pak cup final of last season. it should be good on that level. poco seem to have lost some players from last year though and do not seem to be playing very well together with only one point in their last three matches.
i pick pau

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack vs GEU
- All I can predict is this wont be 6-0 Chilliwack.

Langley vs Delta Metro
- Langley off a tough result to div. twodney (or so we thought) DMU is a scrappy team that seems to score in bunches, i got this one at 2-2.

Dewdney vs ND Lions
- ND didnt look all that bad last weekend, but lacked finishing. I cant see them dropping 4 straight. 2-1 ND Lions.

Poco vs PAU
- Should be a tough hard nose game. Poco can definately play hard, but smart is another story. PAU 3-1.

GN Sporting vs Whalley
- If Whalley dont wanna see div.1 again this is almost as must win as it gets. With dewdney getting a few points they have to close the gap in the relagation battle. I see Whalley pulling this out. 2-0 Whalley.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Step closer to the field boys, had the Pre MRI Eye & Skull x ray last night to check if I had any metal in my eyes as I work in the steel trades. Just as I thought, no metal in my eyes, what a fcucking waste of time. see u at training Wed for some light running.

E-er

Oct 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What studs really means is.......

Wack over Geu

Langley over DM

ND over Dewdney

PAU over Poco

GN over Whalley

Oh and we are all happy that you have no metal in your eyes! :wa:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack vs GEU
- Upset of the week...GEU will win 2-1.

Langley vs Delta Metro
- Langley with a surprise shatting of the bed last week, very uncharacteristic. I think they will be in tough against a good Delta team. I pick a tie.

Dewdney vs ND Lions
- Lions win this one... Dewdney have run out of lucky charms.

Poco vs PAU
- Will be a spirited affair as usual. I pick us though :D

GN Sporting vs Whalley
- GN are a better team than their record shows...they've got some really skilled guys on that team. I think they will beat Whalley.

Sage out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the Lions still talking tough?

Premier # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Chilliwack Rapids 8 8 0 0 31 6 24
2 LUFC United 8 5 2 1 13 9 17
3 Peace Arch United 8 4 3 1 22 16 15
4 Golden Ears United 8 5 0 3 18 14 15
5 Delta Metro United 8 4 2 2 24 19 14
6 North Delta Lions 8 4 1 3 14 14 13
7 Poco City Dominion 8 2 1 5 8 19 7
8 GN Sporting Club 8 1 2 5 14 20 5
9 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 8 1 1 6 9 23 4
10 Whalley Storm 8 0 0 8 8 21 0

GEU 2-1 (I too like to live dangerously) :eek:
Langley/DMU = 1-1 (unspirited affair really)
Lions 3-2 (#22 with neither)
PAU 5-4 (all O for the Nation these days) ;)
Whalley 3-2 (Sandro with a hatty)

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wack
Langley
Tie (Dewds continue their trip on the steep learning curve that is Premier, but showing signs of finally learning what it takes)
Peach Arch
Whalley (by a squeeker)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont know much about the other teams but ,I dont think dfc will manage to earn another point all year :eek: unless you put REX aka edgar davids in the middle of the park :eek:

sid :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big hole in the back with Mario moving on, but I believe that Sandro is now back for his third game, and they get Wagstaff back this week too. I see a tie in the cards here, but I think Whalley will need November to get these guys into form, and predict they'll come out strong over the second half.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
friday november 4

chilliwack vs golden ears
No Prediction

saturday november 5

langley vs delta metro 7:00 map turf
Langley beat us but I didn’t think much of them as a team, that & they could be on a bit of a slide after the Dewdney match.
Delta Metro 2 – 0

north delta vs dewdney 9:00 mackie turf
Its nothing personal but I don’t rate Dewdney much as a Premier team.
North Delta 3 – 1 (Maybe they’ll prove me wrong)

sunday november 6

whalley vs gn sporting 2:15 ahp matthews
I think its about time Whalley picked up a W…
Whalley 2 - 1

peace arch vs poco 12:30 south surrey athletic #1
So far this season Peace Arch impressed me most; they took the piss out of us! I thought POCO would have been sitting stronger in the standings by now & haven’t really shown much to this point.
Peace Arch 4 – POCO 1 (sorry big bag {sorry about the mid week result} [ouch])

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock.. thinks langley will be shutout!!!! To a team that has given up close to the most goal in the league.. thats bold. I predict the exact same result.. but langley on the winning end

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
At least we got here as a team and didn't need to split up in order to make it.

Which team was split? There was a try out & the best players were chosen! 4 players from the Knights (more have since made the leap) & the rest played prem the season before. Coaches were also replaced & Pav (former Knights coach) was given the prem spot. I’m not saying these changes made were for the best, never the less change is good & Dewdney should think about making some. Look at any team in the GEU men’s program, lots have changed since last season & I’m sure more change will come.

Back on Topic,

BSLU said:
Jock.. thinks langley will be shutout!!!! To a team that has given up close to the most goal in the league.. thats bold. I predict the exact same result.. but langley on the winning end

When we played Langley we didn’t have a full squad, who knows Langley may have been hurting for players but as I said I wasn’t impressed. My prediction is guess based on last week’s game, & Delta Metro is better than Dewdney so it will be harder to get a result. Hence my prediction! Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying I think Langley is a bad team, I just expected them to be better than the score line showed considering the players we were missing. THAT’S ALL!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock said:
Delta Metro is better than Dewdney
On the day they were. But look for a different result next time. We had 9 guys play a full 90 in the CAT game, then a full 90 in the premier game. We were very short of guys on the day. We were up 2-0 with about 30 left and ran out of gas and gave up 4 because we couldn't keep up the pace anymore. I can't fault my guys for not trying in that game.

Langley is good. They faltered against us, but I don't see them dropping points to DMU.

Good luck against Chilli Jock. They are tough to play against. Especially on that huge field. I think Chilli will take it by 1 or 2, but GEU will put up a good fight. They always do.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone from the Wack clan tell us what kind of shape exhibition is in from all this rain. Usually it is pretty good but there has been quite a bit of rain in our neck of the woods, how much in the wack ????

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ex hasn't been used since sunday and was closed all week so i imagine it's looking as good as ever.
there is still a chance the city closes the field on us but it hasn't rained here yet today so i think we're good to go.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by: trapper
Great point, want a fcuking medal!?!?!? :rolleyes:
Originally posted by:the same muppet
We had 9 guys play a full 90 in the CAT game, then a full 90 in the premier game.
So what you're saying is you deserve a hug for making it all the way up on your own as a team, but will get a kiss goodbye when this season in premier is over???

Nice plan tin cup!!!

Guinnessmiserableonthispissingday. ;)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
but as a team you should use the club system,two thirds of your team are not close to the premier level,ship sunk,nitty nite,sleep tight watch your back around rex tonight :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0