Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider said:
HUh?? River not all of us speak country slang what the hell does this thing say?
Mackie turf is the most beautiful fake pitch out there. :rolleyes:

That's not true we had atleast 7 shots on net. Compared to your 63 that missed the net I'd say shots on goal were about even. :p
Don't worry boys we got some upset plans under or sleeves, pints whatever you wanna call em...
Okay...let me CITYFY the post for you:

Rapids team
Beats on visiting team, under lights of Rapids home Grandstand
Visiting team wants to cry

Visiting team invited to Rapids alcohol sponsor and sponsor of team van, "Duke's Pub".
"Duke's Pub" also location where Rapids Alumni and existing members go to for weekly Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
Tables where Rapids sitting at usually identified by the vast number of Beer filled jugs, spilling into beer filled glasses, sprawled on the table(s).
Much laughter at tables.
Visiting team Guests of Rapids being fed beer
Visiting team not wanting to cry anymore
Visiting team pissed and laughing

Couple of Rapids jump up onto table (A.A. intro's must occur to begin the meetings)
Victorious Rapids usually drunk.
Drunk Rapids usually fall off table, attempting to become surfboards, as theme from "Hawaii Five-O" plays in the background.

Pause for surfing.

Beer swilling continues into the night.
Everyone has great time.

Rapids win on field AND at Alcohol sponsor bar "Duke's Pub".

:)

Phew...that was hard talkin' all CITY-LIKE an all! I'm goin' back to the country ways..."Hey bartender...pass me a beer!"

hahahahaha

Coventry

Oct 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet Raiguys coming back huh...wicked i cant wait to touch him again..ooh i mean see him again!!

These last two blow out loses by GN...you know the ones where we let in 10 goals in two games and scored nil of our own..ya those games...ummm i hear through the grapevine that our keeper was day dreaming about Mcdonalds new health menu and forgot to move to make the save!!?? Just a rumour i heard through the grapevine ...i didnt actually make those games to witness it but thats what i hear.

And man oh man does that JOMA jack have a huge mouth. I swear half the shite he said was just so he could start some drama cuz a surrey jack cant live life without alittle drama over nothing. Like Kokanee said...know ur shite first and then talk. Good advice i must admit. They walked off cuz one guy didnt start...shizzle!! Hope they fair better on SUFC and dont take that attitude with them.
See ya'll friday night with a can in my hand and a gleam in my eye...in other words on the bench with my blanket and mittens.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry boys it was just a quick question as to who was coaching the Squad?

Coops and Cainy will be a fine tandum.

The only thing i see missing for the Nation is a few more big men.

PAU dance is coming quicker than Sages hippy hippy shake!!!!!

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Hey Rivermouth the way you finish your posts you remind me of the drunk on Mike Tyson's Punchout, Soda Popinski!!

hahahahahahaha
*talking like Carl Spakler, head greenskeeper from Caddyshack* That's surprising, and a bit coincidental, since I've BEEN punched out by Mike Tyson! Fortunately for me, it was AFTER he was beat down by Lennox Lewis, so I was only in a coma for about...2 years, instead of...dead. So I've got that going for me. Which is good.

Goonie d' goo goo, goonie goo goo, gooniegoogoo.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sixfyv

Originally poste by Sixfyv
I must have misplaced my invitation to this monumental event...

You didn't get the memo??? :eek: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rivermouth
"Duke's Pub" also location where Rapids Alumni and existing members go to for weekly Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

Wow, your team has been around for about 3 years and you have alumni??? I guess all of the Townsend Park Rangers were run out of town??? ;)

Originally posted by LFC2
Seriously Skip, have the boys over, pour them a pop, and run them through a tutorial on quoting. If I am going to be quoted, I want it to be up in lights!

I haven't been allowed on the computer in half a year and you're getting that sinical??? Take yer 190 posts and shove them up yer arse!!! :p

GuinnesslookingforwardtotheChilliwacktripinacoupleofweeks!!!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
I must have misplaced my invitation to this monumental event...

:D

You know you are always welcome Sixfyv... but don't count on winning the "Best Costume" prize... I got that one all locked up :wa:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
The only thing i see missing for the Nation is a few more big men.

PAU dance is coming quicker than Sages hippy hippy shake!!!!!

Hey Coach, size doesn't matter it's how well you use what you got ;)

Does this mean you're coming to the Dance?? If so, the first shot of Fireball is on me :wa:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sage

Just cause your missus is out of town, doesn't give you the right to keep inviting more lads!!!
Sausagefest is reserved for LFC2's Halloween Shaker (wish I didn't have to miss that one)... :rolleyes: :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoops......sorry......I must be in the wrong place.

I thought this was the FVSL Premier thread, where we talk about soccer and stuff. My bad. :rolleyes:

Skiphatesbeingthebadguy.....buthe'lldoitnonetheless

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 1- PAU 2

Good game today, had a real good pace to it, PAU scored about 25 into the first half on a freekick, we then tied it up with no time left in the first half. PAU scored 10 mins into second half and that was that. we had one shot off the crossbar and one off the post, both teams had their chances, looking forward to the re-match.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2 ND Lions 1

Tough game for GEU as they had only 6 starters and the rest were CAT players, and 1 sub on the sidelines. Then lost a center mid to injury. GEU scored about 20min in with a great cross to a wide open player in the 18.
ND then tied it up with a free kick header the the keeper got a piece of but not enough. Half way through the second GEU got the winner with a cracker of a shot from the left back.
ND pressed and definately could have had a tie tonight, or even a win, but couldn't seem to ripple the mesh. Always a little wide of the net.

We'll take the win none the less.

On to the CAT on sunday to give them their first loss.
:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage said:
You know you are always welcome Sixfyv... but don't count on winning the "Best Costume" prize... I got that one all locked up :wa:
If I could actually make it, i would come as an over-stressed, under-rested, junk-goaltending new father.

wouldn't need a costume...

Cheers

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Thanks for the in depth game report.

:rolleyes:

;)
Sorry, but my head hurt bad. Five hour nap later and things are starting to stabilize.

No piss take here, but Sikh is not a premier side, let alone a Div 1 squad. Their effort carries them a little ways and being so disorganized, it makes them tough to play. This is one team, unlike the Lions, who I could not imagine dropping points to even on our worst day. It could be argued that we were the same two years ago, but we did what we had to to remain in premier and we continued building. You don't get on the pitch until game time at NAP so you have to warm up on the grass which we did. They did not step on until 6PM and ran across the pitch a couple of times and then lined up. It showed boys, and I have a hard time believing you will survive this year, nor do I think you care. Just my opinion.

As far as the game goes, nothing really to report. We did what we had to, they threatened a couple of times, but no huge panic. We got our second goal after countless chances in the 60th minute, and that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0