Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL vs VMSL - the traditional comparison volume #3

FVSL or VMSL... Is the balance shifting???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Fraser Valley has always produced excellent soccer players - I dont think that has ever been argued - However, you have to differentiate the FVSL from "valley developed players". There is a difference: For example, where do these players play thier senior soccer? The majority of the top players originating from the valley have always played in the VMSL and they still do.

Half of your examples play in the VMSL!
SU (technically still in the Valley) pay Tony Waiters and Derek Posse to direct their youth... The Abbotsford club have had Colin Miller their for a few years now... Randy Samual has done a great job with Delta Metro...PAU have the Ajit Briach soccer Acadamy, the list goes on...

SU: VMSL
Delta Metro: VMSL (Blaze)
Abbotsford: Do they even have a senior team? A lot of their players have gone on to SFU and Trinity....and a lot of those players are committed to VMSL teams
PAU: Doesn't matter - they're shocking;)

As time goes on the VMSL will only improve. Somehow and someway the Premier League will narrow its division to 10 teams - THIS WILL HAPPEN. As a result, it will not only improve the Premier Division, but it will have a filtering effect on the rest of the league. Tony Waiters, Derek Posse, Randy Sameul and others:rolleyes: can continue to develop young players, but the best ones are still going to play where the soccer is the best - and that is in the VMSL.

Cost of housing and travel time - sorry I dont buy it - Currently there a plenty of players living in the valley who choose to play in the VMSL.

Sandman

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't realize T.T.P. stood for "Totally Thorough Paragraphs"....

Consider your audience - we're stupid people looking for a quick read and a piss-take.

Any chance of getting back to the old T.T.P.?...I'll start....

Langley, you guys are shite, thanks for your two year contribution to the league - good luck against G.N in the relegation battle.

Note - you better find a way to stay up, as we know you stuggle against the all mighty Div. 1 teams....Rangers ring a bell.

Zarinni - I want a gerger....now!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
or players that live in Vancouver and decide to play in the valley.
for whatever reason. you can count myself and 5 others off peace arch in there.

LION

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION... why on God's green earth would you live in vancouver and "decide" to play in the Valley? Do you like the hour long commutes to training? Do you enjoy the treks on friday nights to Chiliwack? Do you have a strong affinity towards midgets? ;)

Being someone who just switched over... i have to say it is fantastic knowing that my home games are 5 mins from my house in Ladner... and any away game is within 30 minutes from home (except for the ONE game we had to go to North Van).

Gone are the treks to albion... and chiliwack... and poco.

Pretty nice for an old fart with kids.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Being someone who just switched over... i have to say it is fantastic knowing that my home games are 5 mins from my house.

Well I guess the polls are in!! Obviously the "dismise of the VMSL" is on its way.

Honestly, if 6-five is actually getting playing time in the "almighty" VMSL (even if it's Div. 1) then obviously the league is on a downward spiral.

I mean, hear's a guy who was chipped more than a tree in the late 1800's and this was all while playing in the "lowly" FVSL.

Aside: what's wrong with a midget once in a while?

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I guess the polls are in!! Obviously the "dismise of the VMSL" is on its way.

Honestly, if 6-five is actually getting playing time in the "almighty" VMSL (even if it's Div. 1) then obviously the league is on a downward spiral.

I mean, here's a guy who was chipped more than a tree in the late 1800's and this was all while playing in the "lowly" FVSL.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:

I mean, here's a guy who was chipped more than a tree in the late 1800's and this was all while playing in the "lowly" FVSL.

4 shutouts in 7 matches... they haven't figured it out yet... keep my secret quiet!!!! ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really is a lot of bullshit, isn't it?

City FC, AKA: Delta Metro A, formerly of the FVSL Premier, is walking away with Div. 1 B.

http://www.vmslsoccer.com/home_frame.htm

For all those idiots out there that have always contended that the VMSL Div. 1 is as good or better than the FVSL premier, time to give your head a shake. This was a team last season that missed Provincials, finished mid pack, and was average in a weak FVSL Premier league. Now, they are running away with the VMSL Div. 1, on their way to promotion.

The FVSL is a second tier Premier league, but certainly not so much lower that they are equivalent to VMSL div. 1.

:rolleyes:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:

City FC, AKA: Delta Metro A, formerly of the FVSL Premier, is walking away with Div. 1 B.

For all those idiots out there that have always contended that the VMSL Div. 1 is as good or better than the FVSL premier, time to give your head a shake. This was a team last season that missed Provincials, finished mid pack, and was average in a weak FVSL Premier league. Now, they are running away with the VMSL Div. 1, on their way to promotion.

The FVSL is a second tier Premier league, but certainly not so much lower that they are equivalent to VMSL div. 1.

:rolleyes:

Hey six-5 where's that Hawaii footage of Dude on Wailea - we need to bring that out again.......Dude aka Happy Gilmore:D

Dude - our "young" guys experienced men's soccer for the first time last year - a year later these "kids" have put on a few lbs and are accustomed to transition from youth to men's......this has made a world of difference. If we were playing in the valley premier league I would expect us to be fighting for top spot.

The best VMSL Div 1 teams can go toe-to-toe with the best valley premier......the difference is there is a drop-off when you get to the bottom 1/3

In addition a couple new pieces to the mix who weren't part of the squad and we're having some success - the season is still young and we've got big games coming up over the next 3 weeks.....at this time we're running away with nothing.

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:

Hey KU - no need to worry about 6-5......he's got his game figured.......4 goals against in 7 games kinda speaks for itself.;)

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, but after 7 games the two teams that came from Div 1 last year have a combined 4 points and are well on their way back down. FYI, they ran away with Div 1. Taxi…

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next year will be a different story, so we'll have to see how it plays out. BUT, we often hear a lot of the Muppets over there spouting off about how "VMSL div. 1 is higher caliber than FVSL Premier". Had to listen to somebody tell me on Friday night that the VMSL 1st div CAT was higher caliber. Well, an average FVSL Premier team is running away with the 1st division, which is arguably better than Cat- so the argument doesn't wash.

Again, it really is a bunch of BS at the end of the day, with guys like KNVB patting themselves on the back with very long, monkey like arms. The only clear and concise, indisputable argument right now is that the VMSL premier division is a higher caliber than the FVSL Premier division.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think that only players of delta metro would be able to give an accurate statement as to quality comparisons.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, it really is a bunch of BS at the end of the day, with guys like KNVB patting themselves on the back with very long, monkey like arms.
Fcuk off.... I will state for the record, again, Gurps started all of this I just added a bit of relevant information. My current opinion, not the one I used 6 years ago to wind people up is, the top teams in the FVSL are most certainly comparable to the tops teams in the VMSL Div 1, which are comparable to the bottom half and some middle third of the VMSL Premier. Add a seasoned player here and there and they could be upper middle add a couple more perhaps the top.

Had to listen to somebody tell me on Friday night that the VMSL 1st div CAT was higher caliber.
CAT is crap pretty much right across the board. Whoever told you that was talking out of his ass and perhaps if you didn't have your head in it you would have know that.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here we go again. Dude spouting his usual rhetoric, making arbitrary statements and posting them as fact when are they really nothing more than his opinion. He uses the case of Delta Metro United, aka Blaze, to "substantiate" his opinion by claiming that they are running away with VMSL division 1 when they've played, what, six or seven games of an eighteen game season. He totally ignores the fact that 4STGMP, someone associated with DMU themselves, has posted only a short while before he did, that not only are they "at this time running away with nothing" but that they have a "couple new pieces to the mix who weren't part of the squad last year" and (best of all!) that the "best VMSL Div 1 teams can go toe-to-toe with the best valley premier". Add these to the fact that they are two groups within VMSL Division 1, and that DMU will not play any teams from the other group 'lest they meet in the cup, and it is quite easy to see that Dude is full of self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, self-promotion. Jesus, little insecure about the league you're playing in Dude or what?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0