Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL vs VMSL - the traditional comparison volume #3

FVSL or VMSL... Is the balance shifting???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone think that if we made players who lived in the Fraser Valley play in the Fraser Valley and not leave to go to VMSL, would the two leagues be more equal?

I'm not saying this should be done, because it ridiculous, i'm just curious if the VMSL would really be hurt if all those mentioned Fraser Valley players played in the FVSL instead.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude is full of self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, self-promotion

Are you going to come up with something we don't already know?

Just stating the fact that GURPS constant over valuing of the VMSL over the FVSL is just a pile of BS.

That’s all Blondie. Don’t hate the player…

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The blonde bombshell (AKA Dapotayto) plays Div. 6 in the VMSL... In my opinion the Fact is, he's probably a 90 minute allstar FVSL Div.1 player!!! I think???:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I've known you a long time, in fact I've known you longer than my wife and chances are if I took the time and did the math I've seen you naked more too. I've also seen you in every imaginable state know to man and few I think you've invented, but I digress... My point being, Guninness, and listen to me carefully here sunshine.... get back on the pints, ASAP. You're a fcuking bore when you're sober.

Anything to help,

KNVB

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
listen to you guys. I don't care if you play for the Wolves in VMSL or the Surrey Pylons in Div 3 FVSL. None of us make money at this game, we play for fun, period. If the highest calibre of soccer you are going to play is Men's Premier you are still a rec player.

OK I just noticed a more embarassing team name, theres a fcuking Surrey Decepticons in FVSL Div 3. DECEPTICONS! I guess Megatron is in net, and Starcream and Soundwave play up front? Jesus Christ OK I admit the FVSL is bush, the Decepticons, I can't take it.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I would think that only players of delta metro would be able to give an accurate statement as to quality comparisons.
Note to self... Rekindle this conversation once the season is done and we actually know how well we fared.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
OK I just noticed a more embarassing team name, theres a fcuking Surrey Decepticons in FVSL Div 3. DECEPTICONS! I guess Megatron is in net, and Starcream and Soundwave play up front? Jesus Christ OK I admit the FVSL is bush, the Decepticons, I can't take it.

Not half as embarassing as the fact that you know 3 of the Decepticon names.

But back on topic,
VMSL and FVSL and both equally as good, just different styles of soccer.
No?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i don't think they are different styles.
quicker/smarter/fitter/players (daft punk style to;(harder,better,faster,stronger) anyone?

If you wanna have a starting spot on a top VMSL side,, you have to take soccer seriously-er then most.

So really i am going detailed, but you could almost split up the quality of local football on many levels.

Local Pro/ VMSL top 3-5 teams.
This is the top local football in our land,, 86ers, whitecaps, top 3 vmsl prem players. Many VMSLers have had local Pro stints. pretty much the best soccer in the province or in the west. If this were a country with money in soccer, then all the VMSL prem. would be getting paid/taken care of. Have you ever thought what it could have been if you played hockey?

Then midde of the pack to bottom VMSL prem. / Top Div.1 VMSL and Top FVSL teams.
We just don't have the skill, speed, power, time, commitment or fathers pushing us as the above. This would be kind of like a seria b of local soccer.

then the rest.. but I dont' think they were involved in this thread. (I think the difference is when they lose they "play for fun".)

totheloveofthegame/thisweedisgood

LION

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
We just don't have the skill, speed, power, time, commitment or fathers pushing us as the above. This would be kind of like a seria b of local soccer.
LION

Enough TTP !

Now, get back in the kitchen Lion and prepare some PPP.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
The blonde bombshell (AKA Dapotayto) plays Div. 6 in the VMSL... In my opinion the Fact is, he's probably a 90 minute allstar FVSL Div.1 player!!! I think???:rolleyes:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. It could be a pisstake, it could be a compliment. It could be a backhanded compliment or a fronthanded pisstake. It might even be a backwards front somersault with a half twist and a squirt of lemon but fcuk if I know. I do know that you and Dude representing the FVSL is the equivalent of Sigfried and Roy defending defending heterosexual magicians the world over. You do more damage than good really. If only there was a hungry tiger you two could use in your show.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure who I represent, other than Dude Inc., which BTW is fcuking busy right now, and I don't have the time to deal with yours and KNVB's nonsense.

As far as Lion goes, I really do think he's over analyzed the whole thing. The VMSL Prem has always been that step better, and thus, the quality has endured. They only way the FVSL Prem will be of equal caliber immediately is with the merger in a sort of super league, to give the teams the tougher competition and higher bar.

This way, Muppets like KNVB, who love nothing better than taking pot shots, could come back to the FVSL and play without fear of a good clattering.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps the question should read: What would be the quickest way to dramatically increase the quality of the FVSL and reduce the quality of the VMSL?

There are two possible answers to this question. One, a merger to form a Super League (The LMSDL, which is the Lower Mainland Super Duper League). The other manner in which this above riddle could be solved is to simply have Dude and Guinness switch leagues. This is the easier but less preferred option. Less preferred for obvious reasons, of course.

P.s. Just tell them you're in an important meeting, Dude. They'll understand.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are two possible answers to this question. One, a merger to form a Super League (The LMSDL, which is the Lower Mainland Super Duper League). The other manner in which this above riddle could be solved is to simply have Dude and Guinness switch leagues. This is the easier but less preferred option. Less preferred for obvious reasons, of course.

This may be true, but we know one thing: the day I move over is the day the great hair mean gets a boost. Right now, the league is sorely lacking in these types of selfless heros.

That said, they day Guinness returns, it all goes back to hell.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0