Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gangster arrests

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
An insightful and intelligent comment KJohn. Thank you for getting us all to focus at a time when we tend to lose track of what is especially important to us and our families.

Sir M.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good comment Oranje. As someone who meets with the police/firefighters on a regular basis discussing youth and their activities I am impressed by their dedication and commitment in making things better for everyone. Obviously, Kjohn lives in another world....

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

Like anybody who deals with other people during the course of being at work, there are good days and there are bad days. My personal experiences with police have been both positive and negative. Sometimes you get to meet somebody who's having a good day, or goes out of their way to do something for you, and they're a credit to their department. On a bad day, there weren't enough donuts in a Timmy's warehouse to get a break (no, not my fault either). There were a few instances where I felt like Kjohn too, but wasn't such a knob about it.

I have friends on the Vancouver force. They are good people; they live here too. They have families and kids too, and are involved in their community.

Kjohn, think about it this way: before you go to work, do you have to think that you might not come home because somebody put a bullet or a knife in you while you were just doing your job? Possibly, but probably not. Think about what that would do to your work-induced stress level...

The point is this: for every instance you hear about where a thug tasers somebody lying on the ground, there are a lot more you don't hear about where a lost two year old gets picked up and returned home and gets to play with the lights (personal experience - my two year old). Do you even remember Gerry Proctor diving into the Fraser to save a person out of a truck? It wasn't that long ago.

Trece

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want to be a dick because I respect what the police do and I understand they put there life on the line everyday but how dangerous is it really to be a lowermainland cop. I am not trying to downplay what they do but I am honestly just wondering because it may be that I don't hear about them but how often are cops really getting stabbed, shot or run over? I would argue that agriculture and forestry industry, mining, construction, warehouse work and many more probably have a much higher fatality rate and I have just as much respect for these guys trying to put food on the plate of their families.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say thanks to these guys anyday of the week. As well as to our firemen.

For those that have an extreme case of foot-in-mouth disease, let me remind you that the TTP community is pretty far-reaching and you should be mindful that there are many here you are insulting on a personal level. There is TTPing and then there is being plain fcuking stupid.

Vancouver is changing, it's not Bumblefcuk Saskatchewan.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder who these guy's would call if they got robbed, or shot, or there kid got kidnaped... not the cop's! because they get paid to eat donuts, right?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact remains there are 1 or 2 douchbag cops in every area that probably ruin it for a great group of people that deserve and should be afforded our admiration and respect.

Like someone above mentioned...everyone has their good and bad days.

I have had many run ins and pullovers and other experiences with la policia and I have only had 2 or 3 bad experiences, all inside nightclubs where I was working, where the cops were there, on a mission, to get the thugs and "known" out of the club... A high stress environment.

Cops and other public figures have a tough job. When they do their job they don't get any media spotlight, when they screw up the media and public scream for inquiries and for people to lose their jobs etc.

The Djekanski and other charades aside, I think Cops do a pretty good job and for that I am grateful.

I am more inclined to think that rent-a-cops, commissionaires, and border guards are the biggest brats in the public service. The failed Cops, hasbeen cops and "never were" cops that were picked on when they were young...those are the ones to look out for! ;)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope my doughnut comment didn't offend:D I would happily buy any cop a doughnut. Seriously - good bunch of guys usually. A few power trippers, but most are reasonable guys assuming you give them proper respect.

And, I would have to say hats off to the locals for a lot of good work on gang work - some very good results. Now, over to the legal system to see if they can do anything to keep them off the streets. Maybe a TTP-Bookie event for how many years these guys get (or don't) . . .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't there just new legislation passed?

If the judges in this country have no choice BUT to jail these guys, we take the law out of their hands and they have to just simply decide the case, or guide a jury...

The fact is, for a long long time, the cops would go around enforcing the law and making arrests, but the cops and the public, have no control or voice with the judges in this country, and they are (were) the ones playing God.

If the laws are cut and dried and black and white they cannot err.

hopefully these scumbags go in to the slam and get butt raped.

The creeps pushing drugs and pimping ho's and shooting up neighborhoods to settle bets need to get theirs...and hopefully they will.

The whole "snitches get stitches" thing has to get crippled if this little war is to be stopped. Either that or punt them all onto an island and let them waste themselves where no innocents or children can be hurt.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada cop keeps $1m find - Dec 21/99

A Vancouver city police officer has become a millionaire after a judge ruled he could keep a bag of money he found in a city park.

Police Constable Mel Millas, 34, was off duty and walking his dog, Gus, in April when the dog began barking at a rubbish bin. Mr Millas looked inside and found a backpack stuffed with more than one million Canadian dollars.

He called police, who seized the cash and backpack. But when they failed to identify who the money belonged to, Mr Millas filed a claim to keep it.

BBC News | AMERICAS | Canada cop keeps $1m find

Ps ,,he got to keep it.

It is amazing how a bag that was left in Stanley Park with a note in it saying "that this money is for a the kids to make a playground." found it's way to a dumpster. Does everyone walk there dog in the back alleys of vancouver or do they go walk there dogs at a park!

PS - Shame on the cop! makes the rest of the great guys blue look bad!

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bag was found at Clinton Park.

Hey Larsson you know where that park is...Now if you find a bag with a million dollars what would you do?...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0