Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA in General

I think this year will be a very exciting year. MJ back in the mix. Lakers still looking strong and other teams such as Toronto and Philadelphia look like they can make a run for the title this year. I gotta say the lakers are still the team to beat until Kobe and Shaq are separated.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite

I have to agree with coppertone! Who can stop the Lakers?

knvbissicktohisstomachhehadtoagreewithcoppertone:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Why has this thread been started out here?

~TBwhoisgrowingwearyoftheasylum...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unload

Robert sounds as though he needs to vent on some poor unwilling bastard. This may help with his stress level.

Go get em Regs-

knvbhopestohellitsnothimwhotakesthebigbeating:eek:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

I tryed to set it up in the NBA thread but in came up in here. So, why don't you move it.

KNVBregsisintimidatedbymysizesoIwillnothavenoproblemswithhim

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Done

OK, I moved it for you.

And yes, I am intimidated. Frankly, anyone slightly taller than Buckfast frightens me.

~TB.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand basketball

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Charlotte Hornets waived forward Chris Porter on Friday, one day after acquiring him in the three-team, eight-player trade that sent Derrick Coleman to Philadelphia.
So, why would a team do this? Is it a salary cap thing? Or a refusal to move to Charlotte?:confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salary Cap thing. Porter actually has a big contract for an unproven player, therefore, cutting him allows Charlotte to free up money. Methinks they'll go after one of the few remaining free agents with the extra cash.

-Sensei.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Sensei

Why would Charlotte acquire him in the first place? So is that why the team who traded him away did so? Is this a way for teams to get rid of players that can't justify their salaries? Couldn't the team (GS?) have just waived him straight off?:confused:

Still confused.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA Opens Tonight.....

Aaahh jess, the NBA season is upon us. This is sure to make Fastshow extremely happy. I guess all the focus will be on Jordan's return to Da Gaaaden, although I'm keen to see the kiddie corps of Clipperland wreck shop on the league this season. Especially since they've gone out and made the blockbuster move of the summer, trading for a dominant big man like Will Perdue.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THA CLIPPA'S

This season is a breakthrough season for those clippers. Considering half the team is under 23 and they smoke lerb than Chris Webber, they are probably the most exciting teams in the NBA. They might miss some players in the middle of the year due to high school graduation but don't count them out when the play-offs roll around. BLING-BLING.:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever.....

The Clippers will be shite again and the Lakers will be better than last year. The Grizzlies will be worse and Orlando will win the East this year.

Anyway, I sure don't miss seeing write-ups like this....

Both teams had chances to snap a 76-76 tie in the final 30 seconds of regulation. Newcomer Shareef Abdur-Rahim turned over the ball with 28 seconds left for the Hawks and Houston set up for a final shot.

And this....

Reeves, Bryant (C) #50 Memphis Grizzlies
2001-10-29 - Back

Another injury for Fat Fcuk Reeves. How embarrassing is this? His back problem couldn't be directly related to his traditional 330 lb weigh in, could it? Fat fcuking cnut who is the most overpaid, and I use the term loosely, 'athlete', ever in professional sports. Cnut.

Captain

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big country stinks. I could go on for hours on how bad he is. His bad foot work, his crappy shooting, his horrible rebounding, and his even worse eating habbits. I think he should lay of the Mcdonalds and maybe hit the gym five, six, seven, times a week. Another bit of trivia for you. Who will take the biggest paycut in NBA history? I will give you a hint His nickname is Fat Country.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vince Carter-Can anyone say nightmare. That is the way he and the Toronto Raptors played. He got 11 pts was 2-14 FG and shot .143% from the field. I think have the wizards team played better then the Raptors. Any thoughts?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did he not get hurt?

I only saw the first bit cause we had training last night. But did he not twist his knee?

How fcuking great do the Magic look? Mcgardy, Hill two of the best in the NBA. I think the Magic will take the East this year! If not it will be behiend only the 76ers.

HowisthatRegs?Ontopicandintherightthreadallinone :D ;)

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic

Orlando have the team this season to go all the way. Mcgrady is coming off his best season in the NBA and Hill is fresh and healthy again. They both shot great from the field and Mcgrady(23) got one more point then Hill(22). They also have a great supporting cast with Ewing, Grant, Armstrong, and Hudson. I see them in the Eastern Confrence final agaisnt Toronto.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic look good

They do look good but how long will it take T Mac to blow up because of having to share the spotlight with Grant Hill.If they can co-exist together they will be tough to beat:confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point for a I-Tie

I forgot about the Giant ego on that guy. He couldn't play with Vince what made me think he could play with Hill. BUT if they can handle the split press look out!

knvbstillthinksitwillbealaker3peat:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0