Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it sad that you mention a journeyman NBA player like Troy Hudson over the NBA Rookie of the Year, Mike Miller. He'll play a much bigger role in the Magic's success than Hudson ever will, regardless if he starts the season on IR or not. That being said, I do agree that Orlando looks like the team to beat in the east....and as far as T-Mac goes, I don't think he'll have to relinquish anything on this team. He's the superstar, he is a better player than Hill, he's the Magic's go to guy. If anything, Hill will have to adjust his game to being a second option behind McGrady, who will be the next Julius Erving. Hill is the prototypical nice guy, one who will easily adapt to playing second fiddle to a young up-and-comer who's best days are still ahead of him. And if he doesn't? Well, then he's gonna suffer, because Doc Rivers is already sold on T-Mac as the central figure in the Magic's future. Nuff said.

-Sensei.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ego

Great point Jimmy. They will definitley have a problem if Mcgrady does the same thing that he did in Toronto. I think it will be a little different cause Hill is a player that leads by example, and does not say much. Mcgrady is a flashy player that talks a lot. So, I don't think that they will have a problem, but there is always that chance of Mcgrady's ego getting in the way.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next Julius Erving

Sensei

Lets be a bit realistic here,T-Mac is a one of the premier players in the league but a Dr j he will never be.Until he brings home some championships,wins league mvp,championship mvps,scoring titles and dunk competitions then maybe he can be mentioned in the same breath as The Doctor.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

How can you compare a guy that has won chapionships scoring titles and mvps etc... to a kid who has been in the league three years. I think Mcgrady is a good player, but not even compareable to DR. J.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lamar Odom has been suspended for the second time this year after failing another drug test. I hope the league don't find out where he gets his lerb from. He's good business, but no Chris Webber.:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Magic vs Sonic game

Sports page pointed this out last night. Im sorry I missed the guys names who said it

"both teams Jack off to a good start":D

knvbsidesstillhurt:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good odds in sports action today,they are long shots but how can you pass this up

Seattle at Miami V 3.20 T 2.75 H 1.75
NY at Minn V 3.85 T 2.90 H 1.55
Orl at San Ant V 3.85 T 2.90 H 1.55
Char at Dall V 5.15 T 3.50 H 1.30
Grizz at Phx V 8.80 T 4.40 H 1.10
Utah at Por V 3.20 T 2.75 H 1.75

These odds are crazy,i know the Grizz are in for a tough one but they always play Phoenix tough :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milwaukee

This years team is the Milwaukee Bucks. Great mix of youth and veterans.
Ray Allen, "Big Dog", Sam Casell, and the addition of Anthony Mason. That's a tough crew to deal with.

Lakers will probably take the title again unless Sacramento or Portland can get their playoff acts together.

Nice to the see the Memphis Grizz are just as bad as they were when they were here.
:D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA preds

I picked the Bucks to get to the NBA final last year but they fell a little short. Orlando is overated because they have two stars who play the same game and Ewing who was useless 3 years ago. Dallas and Lakers in the West final, MIL and Phil in the East and another Laker title, unless the big man injures himself. Thats

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kings

Teams are really not only afraid of playing the lakers but the Sacramento Kings. They are a very powerful team. They have started the season 4-0 and are without the star of the team , Chris Webber. When he's on his game he might be the mvp of the league. With Bibby running the point they have a consistent point gaurd. With good three point shooters, and a good bench, I think this year is the year of the Kings.:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't see it!

When I watch the Kings I see nothing but entertainment! Trick passes, wild dunks, high fives and hungs on the bench. That's not a team. They need a little anamosity(sp) some back stabbing in the media perhaps. No great team that I can remember all loved each other. That's what makes the Lakers great! They can't stand to be around themselves. Ever see two Lakers in the same place at the same time? No chance! The kings are a great team no doubt but I don't think they hate each other enough to win the big one.

Justknvbshumbleopinon:D

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bull

You said

No great team that I can remember all loved each other.

I meant the bulls that won a bunch of championships. Was there any crap going on with that team.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you TTP or just being a wanker

Think back! waaay back. Do you remember all the crap Rodman pulled? What about the numerous times Jordan blasted him (in the MEDIA) not face to face but through the media. Ever remember Pippin pouting cause Jordan always got to take the last shot. Fcuk the three best player hated each other. Sure they got along on the court but I bet not two words were said to each other outside the arena.

It's not the strongest example buts it all I could come up with at work. (or lack there of)

knvbisgoingtogetfiredonofthesedaysfortomuchTTPing.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Da Bears

Isn't it common knowledge that Jordan used to snap during practices?

I'm pretty sure they didn't exactly love each other.

~TB.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb,

I heard Vlade Divac stole a twenty sac from C-Webbs locker stall.:eek: Look out Lakers the Kings are in the house.;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got that all wrong.......

It was Nate Newton going for 214lbs!:D

knvbhopesheknowswhatatwentysacis:eek:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors

Rapotors look like they are back on track. Carter had a monster game with 39 pts, 6 ast, and 10 rebounds, and the rest of the team set a new NBA record with 24 blocks in a game. They have won 3 in a row we will see if they can keep it up.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Raptors need to be more consistent with the more quality teams in the nba. Sure they can have huge individual games and set records vs the Golden State Homos but when they play quality sides they get themselves in trouble. Too many times Vince Carter trie to carry way to much of the load and forces up brutal shots. I hope they win it all, but they need to send a message to the better teams in the league.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0